Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hi everyone,
    Couldn't afford to go to WI for the last two weeks! I'd say I've sts, definately haven't lost weight anyway :(
    My friend is home for the summer now, so hopefully she will make me committ to going for a walk/run every evening.

Definately going to make those muffins, Lainy, I've been threatening for way too long now. Gonna get the ingredients this weekend. Hope everyone else is doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

LinK3 wrote: »
    Okay I'm going to lose this weight next week (up one, down two, up one) is getting very annoying! Just had a bran muffin there and a cup of black coffee, and I'm really full.. I've made the muffins Lainy but now I see there's no splenda in that one you just posted! Just brown sugar.. To be honest I prefer that and wonder is that why the last ones didn't rise as well as they ought to have.. Maybe the brown sugar and splenda was too much! I sifted twice and gently folded and they were nice, I'm s
    till eating them from freezer, but I'm going to make them again to try and improve them.. I'm having little cramps today so maybe my leader was right about my pound gain! Think it may be a phantom period! Still unsure of my body, having a hysterectomy at 34 has put me all over the place, and I'm not sure what's normal or what to expect anymore.. I'd love to hear if anyone else is in the same boat and if ye have any tips for me.. On another subject my husband is taking my cross trainer out of the garage this evening..I'm going to fit in a half hour no matter how much I don't want to... It's time to take control;)

yeah thats the ORIGINAL recipe from the cook book i just posted
    I've tweaked it and changed it a few times.... experimenting....less sugar is always better for us in cooking...so took out some sugar...swopped it for splenda...but trying now to take out the splenda altogether...and just leave it at the 40g of sugar....

like 60g of sugar in 6 muffins...thats 10g of SUGAR per muffin...thats kinda a lot....especially as we're trying to lose weight....

I'm no expert when it comes to cooking and baking....trial & error!

I'm spending the day making them tomorrow....going to try blueberries again, and raspberries...and have a few soft bananas that need using up too. So will have at least 3 batches of 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Sorry hun, It sounds like you're working so hard so it's obviously gutting not to shift anything. Have you got all your past trackers? Maybe you could take your best week and try and replicate it and see if that makes any difference? Worth a shot I'd imagine.

I think we're all having a tough week this week. I'm getting my crosstrainer delivered today so going to really push myself this week to try and get a decent loss next week. I had 1lb up yesterday too but I'll just concentrate on the 8.5 down that I've accomplished so far :)

Good Luck this week.
    Thanks Chick, its going to be hard this wkend to be good tho, have a surprise party ion sat and im doing it! Be up the walls all day making things and then the temptation of stuff, im actually pretty good at resisting tho!! Going to be good all week, have a few drinks and point everything sat!
    8.5 is brill, well done you! Im going to try and pick up the amount of times i go spinning too, could help!!!

kildareash wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Couldn't afford to go to WI for the last two weeks! I'd say I've sts, definately haven't lost weight anyway :(
    My friend is home for the summer now, so hopefully she will make me committ to going for a walk/run every evening.

Definately going to make those muffins, Lainy, I've been threatening for way too long now. Gonna get the ingredients this weekend. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Odlums Bran Wheat (600g bag) Green Bag in dunnes and tesco. its like €1.70

*DING must add that to my tesco order...i'm nearly out of it*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I found a post here SOMEWHERE with lists of pointed foods...and now I can't find it to print it out. Anyone know where it is?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055408936 link to old thread if you wana have a look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Thanks so much ladylainey, that's all fab, really what I was looking for.
    I made three soups today...chicken, chick & noodle and veg with some beans. I was sick of the zero point one, all these have loads of veg in them. I put two spoons of kidney/aduki beans in each portion (a point a spoon seemingly) to bulk to out so each portion is only two points now. I pointed the chicken too and it made 8 portions (four with noodles, four without) So each of the soups is either 2,3 or 4 points. I've a freezer full but I suppose no excuse now!

Thanks so much ladylainey, that's all fab, really what I was looking for.
    I made three soups today...chicken, chick & noodle and veg with some beans. I was sick of the zero point one, all these have loads of veg in them. I put two spoons of kidney/aduki beans in each portion (a point a spoon seemingly) to bulk to out so each portion is only two points now. I pointed the chicken too and it made 8 portions (four with noodles, four without) So each of the soups is either 2,3 or 4 points. I've a freezer full but I suppose no excuse now!

thats great! to have the freezer full!
    i have house to my self tomorrow! and a nice big tesco order coming :)
    So going to make a Quorn Pasta bake tomorrow (that'll give me 3 days of dinner) I'm also making 3 batches of muffins.. freezing them in 2s.

Tonight Im doing baked stuffed chicken breast. Its a recipe i got from MONIFE i think (THANK YOU)

Chicken breast
    30 extra light soft cheese (lidl Linessa soft cheese)
    garlic/herbs/seasoning of choice
    2 or 3 slices of wafer ham

Mix seasoning and soft cheese.
    cut pocket in chicken breast
    Stuff cheese into chicken breast,
    Wrap chicken in ham.

Wrap in foil bake for 20 mins in foil, and then a further 10 mins without foil

6pp

4pp for chicken Breast
    +
    Linessa cheese is 3pp for 200g (30g im giving 1pp)
    +
    Super value wafer ham im giving 2 slices 1pp

CANT WAIT TO TRY IT! I have it all stuffed and wrapped in the fridge so all so all the flavours can absorb and mix!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 princess ash

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    not sure which list it is sorry :( It prob was on the old ww thread which has been deleted....

what in particular were you looking for? just ask specifics...and hopefully we can help :) this thread does MOVE so fast...that anything you see could be remotely useful...C+P it into word :) its impossible to find things

like i have pointed lists of foods....but there more foods than "snacks"

Dairy, MIlk, Cheese, Creams,
    Baking Ingredients,
    Eating Out/Fast Food,
    Ice Creams (unhealthy i know...but its summer the odd ice cream is going to come up and attach it self to our hands)
    Tanx so much Lady Lainy dis was so helpful and i printed out the points list tnx again, Yoy seem to know an awful lot bout WW so just wondering by any chance do you know how many pro points are in cinema popcorn please? Cant find it anywere icon8.gif

http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/p/savoury-munchies.html
    Skinnydolls Blog :D

SALTED CINEMA POPCORN
    Small = 7 pp
    Medium = 12 pp
    Large = 19 pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 princess ash

http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/p/savoury-munchies.html
    Skinnydolls Blog :D

SALTED CINEMA POPCORN
    Small = 7 pp
    Medium = 12 pp
    Large = 19 pp

OMG Lady Lainy your a legend thank You soo much dat blog is fab its going to be my new bible haha everything iv been looking far icon7.gif
    PS I think a small popcorn for 7pp will do me just fine considering a Large is 19 pp:eek::eek::eek:
    Tnx agin :D

• Advertisement

OMG Lady Lainy your a legend thank You soo much dat blog is fab its going to be my new bible haha everything iv been looking far icon7.gif
    PS I think a small popcorn for 7pp will do me just fine considering a Large is 19 pp:eek::eek::eek:
    Tnx agin :D

yeah i know, skinnydoll has put SO much work into it :D

Split a medium popcorn for 6pp :P and it'll prob work out cheaper too :D

right off to treadmill before i get sucked into farmville & coffee mode haha!

my new fave thing! options hot chocolate banoffee flavour....11g 1pp....i got the jar of it...so i weight out my 11g like a freak but then i can enjoy it guilt free...and at 11g a pop the jar is lasting FOREVER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Hi All, I'm back from my hols and I had a fantastic time :D Lovely few days with my mam! Was as bold as brass food ways but I enjoyed every mouthful so I'm not sorry :p Not going to my WI as I can't afford the 10euro to be told I'm up so going to start afresh tomorrow :)

ooooh yummi new favourite snack! Ryvita thins....just break them up and its like eating really crunchy crisps!
    had 3 sweet chili ones 1pp each (hope im correct)

if anyone is looking for sports wear/ runners/trainers/walking boots ect. I got a great offer today, Got some new outdoor walking shoes...there hiking boots...except in shoe...so less bulky! 31 euro down from 90! :D perfect for cape clear or even taking the dogs walking up the fields. If anyone wants the link I can "recommend" the site via email and we get vouchers :D PM me your email address :D
    They do all sports, tennis, hiking, cycling, holiday beach wear, kids, adults, men, women, designer labels :)

I may have failed my driving theory test :) but got my new walking shoes and hoodies for Cape Clear in a few weeks :D

I have a list a mile long of things i need :p so a few vouchers wouldnt go afar :P haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Lost 1 lb this week - thats 2 stone in 10 weeks - delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Down 1lb tonight :D:D

Very happy with that as I did not do one iota of exercise this week (bold I know but was very busy). Ate quite well all week apart from a bread attack (7 slices throughout the day :eek: ) on Sunday because had nothing in the house.

Hope I dont go and ruin it next week as have very busy weekend, busiest in a long time. Staff BBQ (booze up really) on Friday and a friends birthday party in a house on Saturday so weeklies will be consumed twice over in alcohol but going to try and do a bit of exercise and eat well all the other days.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Tmeos wrote: »

WOW, you are doing really well. Took me nearly 6 mths to lose 2 stone!
    Monife wrote: »
    Down 1lb tonight :D:D

Well done. Take it easy at the weekend & keep up the good work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

fofany wrote: »
    WOW, you are doing really well. Took me nearly 6 mths to lose 2 stone!

Well done. Take it easy at the weekend & keep up the good work.

Thanks - but in fairness I have a lot more to loose than you by the looks of things - looking forward to being where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 meabhaline

Tmeos wrote: »

OH thats great!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Just had the most delicious dinner

Quorn Nachos all for 19pp (I know it's quite high) but that was Nachips, quorn, taco mix (1/2 pk), salsa, nacho bean sauce, guacamole, sour cream & topped with cheese so so yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

Didn't lose anything this week.. But it was to be expected! Was on a hen weekend and went a bit mad..

Ya know what I was thinking earlier, they should create a tracker app for iPhone. Or does one exist that I can't find?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Grannie Annie

At the end of the day, we can offer you advice but it's down to you to put in the effort! Start today! You can do it, I'm sure of it x[/QUOTE]

Well I had a great day today with my food, tracked everything and drank 3ltrs of water. Just a little exercise mainly because my time was limited, I'll have to work on that. Felt very motivated after your posts last night - a million thanks. Early days yet but hopefully I will keep on track and up the designate time for exercise. I need to succeed at this! Thanks a mill and well done to all on your weight loss and motivation.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Just had some lovely spagetti bolognase - made a recipie I got from my leader, only 2pp for the bolognase and then 4pp for the spagetti! Amazing:D
    I can put up the recipie if anyone wants it.

At the end of the day, we can offer you advice but it's down to you to put in the effort! Start today! You can do it, I'm sure of it x

Well I had a great day today with my food, tracked everything and drank 3ltrs of water. Just a little exercise mainly because my time was limited, I'll have to work on that. Felt very motivated after your posts last night - a million thanks. Early days yet but hopefully I will keep on track and up the designate time for exercise. I need to succeed at this! Thanks a mill and well done to all on your weight loss and motivation.

Good to hear that Annie, just take it as it comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭harr

Hi
    I was sick as a pig all last night don't know what was wrong,was the same this morning i was weak as a kitten and very stiff,i taught i was coming down with something bad.
    Had been in the gym for the last 10 days straight so i gave it a miss this morning and had a few slices of toast my first bread in nearly 7 weeks it worked a treat,i think i was only run down.
    So i relaxed for the day and did not worry to much about what i was eating,i had lovely fillet steak with onions,mushrooms,pepper sauce and mash for dinner and i still managed to stay within my points for the day.:)All ready for a work out tomorrow evening,it will be only 4 days at the gym from now on :o

Well done to everyone on the loses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Lost 4.5lbs!!! No idea how, Take That concert and a take away that day (and vino!) plus two meals out...anyway only .5 off prebaby weight!!! Keep it up women! (And men!)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

thats great! to have the freezer full!
    i have house to my self tomorrow! and a nice big tesco order coming :)
    So going to make a Quorn Pasta bake tomorrow (that'll give me 3 days of dinner) I'm also making 3 batches of muffins.. freezing them in 2s.

Tonight Im doing baked stuffed chicken breast. Its a recipe i got from MONIFE i think (THANK YOU)

Chicken breast
    30 extra light soft cheese (lidl Linessa soft cheese)
    garlic/herbs/seasoning of choice
    2 or 3 slices of wafer ham

Mix seasoning and soft cheese.
    cut pocket in chicken breast
    Stuff cheese into chicken breast,
    Wrap chicken in ham.

Wrap in foil bake for 20 mins in foil, and then a further 10 mins without foil

6pp

4pp for chicken Breast
    +
    Linessa cheese is 3pp for 200g (30g im giving 1pp)
    +
    Super value wafer ham im giving 2 slices 1pp

CANT WAIT TO TRY IT! I have it all stuffed and wrapped in the fridge so all so all the flavours can absorb and mix!

I'm definitely trying these! Love stuffed chicken at the best of times.. Let me know how you get on with it.. sounds yum!

I'll stick up the bolognase recipie.

It's made with quorn but I can guarantee you 100% that you will not be able to taste the difference once it's in the sauce. I didn't believe it until I tried it!

Chop up an onion, carrot and a stalk of celery. Fry with a bit of spray oil on a low heat for ten minutes.

Then add in one packet of quorn mince, two crushed cloves of garlic, one large tin of chopped tomatoes, half a tube of tomato puree and a beef stock cube made up with only 75mls of water.

Bring this to the boil and then turn down the heat and leave it to simmer for 20 minutes. Add some basil or parsely and season with salt and pepper if needed. This makes six servings, working out at 2pp each or if you use extra lean mince it will be 5pp. (but trust me when I say you cannot taste the difference with the quorn!) Really simple but really tasty!!

And let's face it, when we're trying to lose weight it's best to use fresh ingredients, not pre prepared jars of sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

lizt wrote: »
    I'll stick up the bolognase recipie.

It's made with quorn but I can guarantee you 100% that you will not be able to taste the difference once it's in the sauce. I didn't believe it until I tried it!

Chop up an onion, carrot and a stalk of celery. Fry with a bit of spray oil on a low heat for ten minutes.

Then add in one packet of quorn mince, two crushed cloves of garlic, one large tin of chopped tomatoes, half a tube of tomato puree and a beef stock cube made up with only 75mls of water.

Bring this to the boil and then turn down the heat and leave it to simmer for 20 minutes. Add some basil or parsely and season with salt and pepper if needed. This makes six servings, working out at 2pp each or if you use extra lean mince it will be 5pp. (but trust me when I say you cannot taste the difference with the quorn!) Really simple but really tasty!!

And let's face it, when we're trying to lose weight it's best to use fresh ingredients, not pre prepared jars of sauce.

thanks for that :) will definitely try it out :) is it the full pack of qourn you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

jackmax wrote: »
    thanks for that :) will definitely try it out :) is it the full pack of qourn you use?

Thanks Lizt, I made this on Tuesday evening for my family, using the 500g bag of quorn and I loved it.. The kids ate it but thought I'd done a different sauce, I always make my own sauces anyway.. My husband who used to be a butcher said he'd never have known it wasn't mince! We got 5 portions and I've one left in the fridge for myself tonight.. I also made the ceasar salad she gave us the recipe for, and it was divine;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 irishfm

Down 1lb last night that brings my total to 3 stone .5 in 5 and a half months well pleased :D:D:D two stone left until i hit goal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement