Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Banshee

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Seloth wrote: »
    To the people who said why didnt they do anything..well in all fairnes be this true or not if a woman indeed did come to your second story window screaming Im sure you too would be hiding under yer sheets!

I honestly wouldnt. I'd be out looking for a ladder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭LevelSpirit

maccored wrote: »
    I honestly wouldnt. I'd be out looking for a ladder.

Me too. Or a wire, or candid camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

OK, old woman screaming in mid air in the middle of the night. Fine. Did no one think this just *might* be a poor old lady who was in distress and needed some help? That would be my first thought if there was someone wrinkly dangling outside my window screaming at me. Bungee jump gone wrong? Who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Darkginger wrote: »
    OK, old woman screaming in mid air in the middle of the night. Fine. Did no one think this just *might* be a poor old lady who was in distress and needed some help? That would be my first thought if there was someone wrinkly dangling outside my window screaming at me. Bungee jump gone wrong? Who knows?

Old woman bungee jumping in the fog, in the middle of a town? tbh, id even believe banshees more then that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

phill106 wrote: »
    Old woman bungee jumping in the fog, in the middle of a town? tbh, id even believe banshees more then that!
    Maybe it was a tooth fairy prank gone horribly wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Sounds to me like a poor old woman screaming as she was getting beamed up to an alien spacecraft. She needed help and the OP ignored her. Poor woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

I thought I heard a Banshee once, a terrifying squeal.

My sister told me it was probably a stag or a deer or something, they sound like a woman screaming.

She knows this because she lives in the wilds of Kerry and the deer often go into her garden to hang out.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DHYNZY

I remember my grandmother telling me about the banshee a long time ago. The woman really would have no reason to tell a lie, and she told me that she had in fact seen a banshee. So I'm open to it. There may or may not be. No experience myself.

DHYNZY wrote: »
    I remember my grandmother telling me about the banshee a long time ago. The woman really would have no reason to tell a lie, and she told me that she had in fact seen a banshee. So I'm open to it. There may or may not be. No experience myself.

Which one of these options is more likely -

1 - You're grandmother, even though she had no reason to lie, did actually lie.

2 - She was mentally disturbed and believed what she was saying to you.

3 - She was just mistaken in what she saw and there is actually no supernatural explanation at all.

4 - There is actually a Banshee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭oceanman

personally i would go for no4!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

Which one of these options is more likely -

1 - You're grandmother, even though she had no reason to lie, did actually lie.

2 - She was mentally disturbed and believed what she was saying to you.

3 - She was just mistaken in what she saw and there is actually no supernatural explanation at all.

4 - There is actually a Banshee.

I would go with no.3

and btw you are being kinda rude with no 1 and 2.

things were different people believed in alot more therefore something was seen and imagionation went wild and now assumes irt WAS in fact the Banshee

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

I don't think he's trying to be rude. Just pointing out obvious possibilities and one has to ask these questions.
    People often do lie about these things without the intent of malice. There is a mischievous child in all of us from time to time

Elbi wrote: »
    I would go with no.3

things were different people believed in alot more therefore something was seen and imagionation went wild and now assumes irt WAS in fact the Banshee

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Podman wrote: »
    She knows this because she lives in the wilds of Kerry and the deer often go into her garden to hang out.

Great, now I'm giggling at the thought of a bunch of dear just sitting around having a few beers, maybe dabbling in experimental drugs but nothing too serious.

Elbi wrote: »
    I would go with no.3

Sorry, wasnt trying to be rude. Just pointing out that other options however unlikely are more likely than a real banshee.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

As a young man in a girl's flat in West Cork, I hadn't slept in about three days (What a party) I was in the girls bedroom while she was in the bathroom and I was convinced that there was a goblin or little man sitting in the corner lauhging and making faces at me. I was freaked out!

Turns out it was a pile of dirty laundry, but I can still see his face 20 years later.

When you're sleep deprived you can totally see things and if you have a new baby like the people in the OP and you're not sleep deprived, you're not doing it right

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

This morning at about 6am I heard a sound that was exactly the same noise that a cat makes when it scrapes it's claws off a carpet or fabric couch. I was thinking Sh1t, the cats inside. now I've gotta get up and let it out. but then I remembered that I definitely put it out last night, and it turns out the noise was being made by my 2 year old daughter making tsk tsk sounds (she was awake and just experimenting with sounds the way all kids do.)

I have trouble falling into a deep sleep as I have 2 kids under 4 and one or the other is almost always finding a way to disturb my sleep. When you're in the half slumber phase between deep sleep and wide awake, the normal rules of logic and reason do not apply at all. It's almost like lucid dreaming but you are following logical paths that are divorced from reality

Advertisement