Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eley Batch Testing - Sept 2014

Options
  • 11-08-2014 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

evening folks,

If anyone is interested we have the lads from Eley over again to batch test in the tunnel at Dungannon.

They are also going to have a seminar on the Thursday evening on the theory and benefits of matching ammo to your specific barrel, and also talk you through the benefits of the the two products being used.

The reason for testing with Edge and Tenex is to allow you to choose ammo for training as well as competition.

More details on the attached notice.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Are the prices the same as on intershoot.co.uk? If so, what's the price you'll be charging for Edge?

Will I need two slots for testing both Tenex and Edge like last year or will there be enough time to do both (like testing with Lapua Center-X and Midas+)?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭intershoot

IRLConor wrote: »
    Are the prices the same as on intershoot.co.uk? If so, what's the price you'll be charging for Edge?

Will I need two slots for testing both Tenex and Edge like last year or will there be enough time to do both (like testing with Lapua Center-X and Midas+)?

Hi Conor,

Tenex is £210 per thousand, and Edge is £124 per thousand.

I had to ask the guys from Eley how they wanted to run the tests, and due to the length of each test it will mean one test per product. Although each test us £45 we will charge £75 for anyone testing both Tenex and Edge.

intershoot wrote: »
    Hi Conor,

Tenex is £210 per thousand, and Edge is £124 per thousand.

I had to ask the guys from Eley how they wanted to run the tests, and due to the length of each test it will mean one test per product. Although each test us £45 we will charge £75 for anyone testing both Tenex and Edge.

Nice one, thanks!

10661055_1642749435951486_526075968_n.jpg

Some results. It's roughly in the same ballpark as my last batch. It'll be hard to tell for sure until I shoot a few matches worth of it but it looks good so far. :)

Year|Group 1|Group 2|Group 3|Group 4|Consolidated|Score
    2013|12.9|11.6|14.5|16.0|16.6|424.6
    2014|15.3|12.5|15.3|13.2|16.8|423.4

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Baker.22

Hi,
    I tested 2 rifles/barrels for edge and tenex,

With my Anchultz 1907 it tested really well,
    Tenex BATCH, 13.0,14.1,15.5,14.8, Consolidated 15.7 with a score of 424.6.
    Edge BATCH, 14.0,16.7,17.3 Consolidated 17.3 with score of 314.9

The other rifle, Anchultz 2013 with lilja barrel did not score as well but I believe I may have an answer, after some testing tomorrow afternoon I believe I will know, if i find out I will post it up.

I enjoyed the testing, never did it before, its well worth doing. HOPING the ammo i am buying will show in my competition results!!! My 'control' ammo tested well in the 1907 rifle and I know that it shoots very very well. Its results were 17.4 with 420.9, therefore the EDGE tested just as well as my R50 but the TENEX was much better.

Baker.22

• Advertisement
Advertisement