Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diabetes and lactose intolerance

• 09-03-2014 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello.

I'm looking for recipes/cookbooks for my fiance. He is lactose intolerant and has recently been diagnosed with diabetes- not sure which type yet but they think it's type one.

A lot of the recipes for diabetes include things that he can't eat because of the lactose. I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could get a big list of recipes that would suit him?

Please and thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

There is no specific food for diabetes, it is hormonal problem not gastric. If he is type one, then he is probably already started on injections and managing it can be quite tricky. Don't eat his sweets and make sure you know how to inject glucagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Jull

Talking about diabetes diet, I know he only has to avoid eating sweets and alcohol :)
    And about the lactose intolerance diet, I think the list in here can help him out!
    https://authorityremedies.com/home-remedies-for-lactose-intolerance/
     There're great food and natural remedies as well to treat lactose intolerance.
    I hope you're still around and your finance (now he might be your husband) gets over it :D

Lưu

Advertisement