Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei E586 Nat type 2 from Nat type 3

• 29-12-2012 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Can anyone help me with this. The router supplied by 3 (E586) shows its a nat type 3 when connection test is done on PS3. Therefore the kids cannot play multi-player on line with friends and therefore thus my dilemma!!!!
    I have phoned Sony about 10 times who have referred me back to 3 who have referred me back to Sony. Talk about passing the parcel. It does seem to me that it a Router problem. 3 technical support say they have no contact details for the manufacturer Huawei which i think is unbelievable. I also have an issue with 3 supplying a modem which does not seem to support on-line gaming. I have tried updating router software from 3 uk website but i'm getting an error 10 code, port not found. I have put security 'open' on router, have enabled DMZ, among other things. Can anyone help me, I'm at my wits end.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,233 ✭✭✭Damien360

ccopti wrote: »
    Can anyone help me with this. The router supplied by 3 (E586) shows its a nat type 3 when connection test is done on PS3. Therefore the kids cannot play multi-player on line with friends and therefore thus my dilemma!!!!
    I have phoned Sony about 10 times who have referred me back to 3 who have referred me back to Sony. Talk about passing the parcel. It does seem to me that it a Router problem. 3 technical support say they have no contact details for the manufacturer Huawei which i think is unbelievable. I also have an issue with 3 supplying a modem which does not seem to support on-line gaming. I have tried updating router software from 3 uk website but i'm getting an error 10 code, port not found. I have put security 'open' on router, have enabled DMZ, among other things. Can anyone help me, I'm at my wits end.

It is a 3 product and has nothing whatsoever to do with sony, so I am unsure why you bothered with Sony. It is a mobile hotspot and not really a true router or true broadband. Does it come with a built in firewall. If you disable that (momentarily), can you get NAT 2.

Previously on this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056641059&page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ccopti

Tried it after turning of firewall, no joy

from the thread I linked to

download the update to get this working.

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.dll/,/?New,Kb=Mobile,Ts=Mobile,T=Device,varset_pid=4950,varset_cid=5542,Case=obj%285515%29

There is a 3 rep online in that thread in my other post and it might be worth your while contacting them via PM. But I would try the above first as it was their suggested fix.

I seen that link in the other post and tried it but i got an error 10 half way through. It couldn't find port.
    I even tried hooking modem in via USB as opposed to wireless as suggested and rebooting but it didn't make any diff

I seen that link in the other post and tried it but i got an error 10 half way through. It couldn't find port.
    I even tried hooking modem in via USB as opposed to wireless as suggested and rebooting but it didn't make any diff

The error 10 relates to microsoft and assigning of ports. Look in device manager of PC and see if it has a port assigned. It relates to the device driver. Long shot but are you using a CD that came with the device that has the driver. Is the PC still trying to update a driver during the update process ? I had this with a bluetooth device update a few years back and it I could update using a microsoft driver but not with the supplied driver. It wrote the firmware and then tried to test the integrity back with the PC file on completion and kicked it. You could try the update over USB both ways if 2 drivers are available.

I am clutching at straws here.

• Advertisement

A quick look around the net makes me think that the device may only want to update on a USB port within a particular range. Look at your device manager and try to set the assigned port to the lowest unused one possible before you update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DanielP999

This Worked for me:

Turn off your wifi on your laptop
    plug in the 3 router (Huawei E586)
    install the router software that comes with it (3mobilewifi) and keep it plugged in
    Download the huawei update tool... search it on google, bing etc.
    run it while the modem is still plugged in and it will update the firmware
    unplug it and restart the modem
    search and connect to it on your ps3 and you will have nat type two and it will be nat open on call of duty for example.

Hope this works for you

Hiya
    I had tried that and each time process stalled when I tried to download updates!
    I got sorted though in when I rang 3 to cancel my contract, all of a sudden, what do you know, but there was a more up to date modem available free of charge. Imagine that. So it arrived 3 days later and type 2 appeared on PS3 and all were happy.
    Thank you very much for you reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DanielP999

Hiya
    I had tried that and each time process stalled when I tried to download updates!
    I got sorted though in when I rang 3 to cancel my contract, all of a sudden, what do you know, but there was a more up to date modem available free of charge. Imagine that. So it arrived 3 days later and type 2 appeared on PS3 and all were happy.
    Thank you very much for you reply.

No prob, glad you got it sorted i know how annoying it is.

Advertisement