Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft News [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

stigmau5 wrote: »
    As a owner of a lot of gbbrs the one that really impressed me out of the box was my G39 k ras it shoots on a cold evening around 60bbs to on refill and on a warm day 80 bbs the only thing I find it works better on semi full auto likes to eat gas more

Jebus that is pretty good, there was not a hope I would get that with my stanags (old version mags I have, they released a V2 if im not mistaken). They leaked pretty much from every part of the magazine...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

stigmau5 wrote: »
    As a owner of a lot of gbbrs the one that really impressed me out of the box was my G39 k ras it shoots on a cold evening around 60bbs to on refill and on a warm day 80 bbs the only thing I find it works better on semi full auto likes to eat gas more

Jebus that is pretty good, there was not a hope I would get that with my stanags (old version mags I have, they released a V2 if im not mistaken). They leaked pretty much from every part of the magazine...

I think the reason why they perform so well is because they are covered in a thick skin of polymer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Mauri mp7 gbb due out later this year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Gatling wrote: »
    Mauri mp7 gbb due out later this year

Link?
    Source?
    Anything!!?
    PLEASE I NEED THIS!!!!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Looks great.
    Real one has alot of polymer in it so this should even please the real steel elitists.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Looks great.
    Real one has alot of polymer in it so this should even please the real steel elitists.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

(Not sure if this is new or not but only got added to the below website May 16th)

Did not know Snow wolf did an AEG version of the their M82.
    Still kicking myself I bought the M99 springer and did not hold out for the M82

http://www.acmgear.com/snow-wolf-barrett-m82a1m107-wscope-bipod-sw02f-p-2697.html?osCsid=actmvfm8kll4l7fqkh210808a0

269.99 USD with the scope is a nice price! even with vat and shipping to be added in afterwards its still
    cheaper than a Socom gear.

~B

• Advertisement

A TM Mp7 GBB sounds Nice!
    I'm winding down collecting and retiring from airsoft so to speak so I'm left
    with a short list of things for the collection. I'd like at some stage to
    replace my Crappy Well MP7 AEG with a nice MP7 GBB.

Love the look of the MP7 but I've never taken a liking to the stock as its so delicate looking
    would love if they had a fixed solid stock on an mp7.

~B

bullets wrote: »
    (Not sure if this is new or not but only got added to the below website May 16th)

Did not know Snow wolf did an AEG version of the their M82.
    Still kicking myself I bought the M99 springer and did not hold out for the M82

http://www.acmgear.com/snow-wolf-barrett-m82a1m107-wscope-bipod-sw02f-p-2697.html?osCsid=actmvfm8kll4l7fqkh210808a0

269.99 USD with the scope is a nice price! even with vat and shipping to be added in afterwards its still
    cheaper than a Socom gear.

~B
    Nope their on WGC a while there's also a CQB version which come in black and tab also :)http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=30886

Jsmurff wrote: »
    Nope their on WGC a while there's also a CQB version which come in black and tab also :)http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=30886

One of the first AEG's I bought was from Uncompany! have not looked at their website in ages, still as slow as ever to load their images on their page! :D
    ~B

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

A TM Mp7 GBB sounds Nice!
    I'm winding down collecting and retiring from airsoft so to speak

Now THAT'S airsoft news for Ireland! What's gotten you stepping back from airsoft/collecting? Lack of guns to buy, or just general fed up-ness?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Puding wrote: »

i just want the HK45 & M&P-40 to come out
    hum high cycle p90 aswell ...........

TM MP7 GBB...yes please!

I am still itching for their teased M&P 40 GBB.

To be honest, the most exciting news for me out of there is the revised M9 - adjustable hop up, functional de-cocker etc. THAT is newsworthy...perhaps there's hope for an updated FAMAS after all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Had a screaming 1 week old didn't get to finish my post ,thanks puding .
    Looking forward to the gbb mp7 heard a rumor about it last year

Inari wrote: »
    Now THAT'S airsoft news for Ireland! What's gotten you stepping back from airsoft/collecting? Lack of guns to buy, or just general fed up-ness?

12 years paying a mortgage, absolutely Zero savings, and I cant afford a garden wall yet I've managed to spend 25-30K on airsoft over the years.
    Getting Broody to pass on my good genes and leave my entire airsoft collection to my potential future son! :D

~B

12 years paying a mortgage, absolutely Zero savings, and I cant afford a garden wall yet I've managed to spend 25-30K on airsoft over the years.
    Getting Broody to pass on my good genes and leave my entire airsoft collection to my potential future son! :D

~B
    You're more than welcome to adopt a fellow addict, if it means being left a hefty airsoft collection :P

Sure it's something I understand all too well. I've been putting off buying a car and learning to drive it for years, yet have more guns than I know what to do with...much to the other half's annoyance. Some things do take precedence...some things :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

I doubt this is new but redwolf airsoft are advertising this in their emails at the moment. Also, are they right in claiming that the WE M4 might be a PTW or is that a typo?

• Advertisement

CpcRc wrote: »
    I doubt this is new but redwolf airsoft are advertising this in their emails at the moment. Also, are they right in claiming that the WE M4 might be a PTW or is that a typo?
    I would presume typo this is we after all they just manufacture working guns not lasting ones lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

PTW means nothing anymore. A manufacturer can build an AEG and decide to slap a PTW sticker on the box just so people trust it with higher reliability. and unfortunately this is happening alot :( could just be a mis print don't get me wrong but i think it's just once again a marketing ploy

Well to be a PTW it has to be pretty much 100% to scale of a real model, most AEGs are slightly off in parts. Also I thought that it had to have a functioning bolt catch for when the mag empties and you have to release it after reloading to fire it again? These are the main features of a PTW I thought as they are for more realism not necessarily reliability

Well to be a PTW it has to be pretty much 100% to scale of a real model, most AEGs are slightly off in parts. Also I thought that it had to have a functioning bolt catch for when the mag empties and you have to release it after reloading to fire it again? These are the main features of a PTW I thought as they are for more realism not necessarily reliability

yes but that's my point you'd expect a PTW to have decent quality seeing it is being used for training purposes, the systema i think is the only true PTW anymore :)

also on a side note see you updates you're location to Holland, how you finding it? I'm from Veldhoven :)

T4RGET wrote: »
    yes but that's my point you'd expect a PTW to have decent quality seeing it is being used for training purposes, the systema i think is the only true PTW anymore :)

also on a side note see you updates you're location to Holland, how you finding it? I'm from Veldhoven :)

There are a couple of aegs with some of the "true" PTW features but not all of them which are good quality aegs. For example I think that tokyo marui have an M4 which locks when the mag is empty but isn't marketed as a PTW.
    So it is possible to do some of the features but an aeg should only be marketed as a PTW if it has all features not just some as it is false and misleading advertising.

In answer to your sidenote, I'm actually living in Veldhoven and I've updated my location accordingly and I am really enjoying it here. I'm less than 1 minute walk from veldhoven centrum.

There are a couple of aegs with some of the "true" PTW features but not all of them which are good quality aegs. For example I think that tokyo marui have an M4 which locks when the mag is empty but isn't marketed as a PTW.
    So it is possible to do some of the features but an aeg should only be marketed as a PTW if it has all features not just some as it is false and misleading advertising.

In answer to your sidenote, I'm actually living in Veldhoven and I've updated my location accordingly and I am really enjoying it here. I'm less than 1 minute walk from veldhoven centrum.

and yet TM is one which I personally wouldn't mind having a PTW title. The Celsius is a PTW and yet I've heard very poor things about it.
    I miss Holland sometimes. Living here nearly 11 years now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Description
    PIC
    Manufacturer: ARES
    Suitable battery: stick (connector type T)
    Hop Up: Adjustable
    Blowback: no
    Type of fire: semi / full-auto / burst
    Weight: 3000 grams
    Length: 760/960 mm
    Barrel length: 500 mm
    Magazine capacity: 300 balls 6mm
    Speed: 120 m / s 400 FPS (can be adjusted down )
    Energy: 1.7 J
    No: ARES096
    AEG of 5.56 mm assault rifle wz.96 "Beryl," produced at the request of Weapons Factory "Bowman" Radom
    Electronic fire selector: Single, Continuous, and 3 shot / burst
    Replica LiPo ready
    Steel body (full metal replica)
    Metal Gear Box with 8mm ball bearings
    Metal base viewfinder (Bow)
    Metal base viewfinder (Szczerbinki)
    Folding Metal Flask
    The full version designations firearms
    The unique serial number
    Quickly spring (without disassembling GB)
    Electronics can be replaced without disassembling the GB
    High-quality internal components gearbox'a
    Precision Barrel 6.03

be careful it also uses a unique magazine unfortunately

Puding wrote: »
    be careful it also uses a unique magazine unfortunately
    Typical Ares… no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

http://www.strikehold.net/2012/06/11/thales-debuts-new-assault-rifle-–-the-f90/
    Thales has debuted its new F90 assault rifle at this year’s Eurosatory exhibition in Paris, France.

Building on the company’s extensive Australian expertise in small arms, the F90 is evolved from a battle-proven weapon that has been in service in Australia and 30 other countries for over two decades. The bullpup design enables a longer barrel and associated higher muzzle velocity for greater stopping power within a compact overall length.

The F90’s open architecture incorporates a NATO tri-rail system and optional NATO magazines, while a growth path allows for the fitting of centralised power, as well as data and powered rails. The weapon also includes an integrated side-loading 40mm grenade launcher that can be attached in just a few seconds by the soldier.

Airsoft version wanted.

Advertisement