Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France V Ireland – Stade de France, Paris. Sunday 4th March 15:00 RTE2 & BBC2

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

The ominous feeling of a massive French second half is depressing. Hoping we see some more awful French play.

Yeah, like they did against Scotland.

Ireland need to keep this intensity up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Amazing game so far. The Irish forwards are battling for everything. Totally unexpected performance.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Have we ever been in the lead in Paris at half time in the 6 Nations? Don't think so

Never - posted that earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Haha Betson:

'I think he(Pearson) supports Ireland'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Murray, SOB, Earls, Heaslip, Sexton and DOC really shutting up their detractors today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

The great thing about it is we have Ryan and POM to come on who will love this type of match

Ferris is a god

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

423986_191608837614170_176629429112111_312862_1301118478_n.jpg

Why can't George Hook have that face :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Looking at it again, Bowe should really have passed inside for that second try ... but feck it, when it's your day you tend to get the bounce!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 756 ✭✭✭4PP

I've been watching the 6Ns in France, on French TV for the last 20 years.
    They (the french commentators) are great men for blaming the 'ref for their woes. Its a national sport
    Today, for the first time that I can remember they have said that the 'ref is being kind to them! On three seperate occasions!!.
    Galthie even said twice he would have "blown" the other way when Pearson pinged Ireland what_smile.gif

6-17

Somebody pinch me laugh.gif

40 to go 49_49.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

andyman wrote: »
    Even after the NFL season is over, T.Bowe is still doing the business.

I'm here all day folks!

044159e6e0b6bbae9a223ead74efee75883a7b7.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,771 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

cgpg5 wrote: »
    A guy not allowed to give his opinion on this?

Bit of humour not allowed?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

Never - posted that earlier!

Yeah BBC mentioned it at half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Wonder what odds Tommy was for a hat-trick!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

yeraulone wrote: »
    good man the post

MoTM candidate for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,702 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If only we beat Wales last month we could be on course for the grand slam (we were a min away :mad::mad:)

I think it's wales grand slam now, they have 2 home games against Italy and France

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Randy Anders

1st score in the 2nd half could be vital. If we go up and get 3 on the board, we're in with a huge shout

C'mon Lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

kmart6 wrote: »
    Haha Betson:

'I think he(Pearson) supports Ireland'

Apart from not binning Healy, he's given us very little, even the one he penailsed Murray for not putting it into a moving scrum, wtf was that about??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Skid wrote: »
    Looking at it again, Bowe should really have passed inside for that second try ... but feck it, when it's your day you tend to get the bounce!

I dunno...I think he waited perfectly, the defender thought he was going to past and shifted his weight, then the space opened and Bowe had to go himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

.ak wrote: »
    MoTM candidate for me.

Looking forward to his post-match interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

So far so good but there was a spell in the first half where we stood off them in defence and they made yards for fun. If we do that in the 2nd they will be right back into the game. Great performance from the pack so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Pearson is a terrible ref, but at least he's terrible for both teams.

He certainly doesn't seem to be favouring the French.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

PTH2009 wrote: »
    If only we beat Wales last month we could be on course for the grand slam (we were a min away :mad::mad::eek::eek:)

I think it's wales grand slam now, they have 2 home games against Italy and France

Let's finish this one before we start musing on lost Grand Slams.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

5 O'Clock Ryle!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Think we need to bring on Ryan and POM around the 55 mark. We'll need the added intensity to keep on top. Any time we were any way hesitant in defense, France gained ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Darce is such a scamp at the breakdown

Good tackle by Trimble - very poor play by France leaving them be pushed over the line

Cmon Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Principal Skinner

Think we need to bring on Ryan and POM around the 55 mark. We'll need the added intensity to keep on top. Any time we were any way hesitant in defense, France gained ground.

Get the boat seanies playing well

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Who should give way in the backrow for POM?

Silly mistake at the lineout!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Haha knock on. This is good so far.

Advertisement