Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tragic yet worrying scenes in waterford last night

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Absolutely no sympathy for the scumbag in question. He was out looking for trouble and he found it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Only issue that I have is that the others seem to have escape uninjured.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chief87

No sympathy from me anyway...well I do..for the guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Zulu wrote: »
    It baffles me that people are sympathetic towards this thug. Frankly my sympathy and concern lies with the Garda and his family. His wife and children must be terrified.

Where did you see sympathy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭lighterman

Where did you see sympathy?

Probably talking about my thread title re "tragic". If he was 16 I still stand by it. There was plenty of time to turn his life around if help was given to him.

There is also a mother/father somewhere that has lost their son.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I would agree with lighterman, its a life wasted.

Despicable behaviour, terrible outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭flutered

lighterman wrote: »

if they has made sure that he did not go around doing this stuff then i would feel deep sorrow for them, it looks as if they had failed or had never tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The kid was definitely in the wrong. No question. Whether you consider it "acting the eejit" or a serious crime, he wasn't in the right!

But the seeming joy people are taking in telling everyone that t hey have no sympathy for this boy who DIED!! is absolutely sickening.

He was a young boy. Whole life ahead of him. maybe he was a little terror or a scum bag but there's nothing to say he couldn't have become a perfectly respectable adult. He is DEAD and everyone is acting like he got what he deserved because someone, not even proven to be him, threw a bottle at someone?

A few people in this thread really need to look themselves in the mirror!

lighterman wrote: »
    Probably talking about my thread title re "tragic". If he was 16 I still stand by it. There was plenty of time to turn his life around if help was given to him.

"He was a good lad really. Why couldn't the Garda just leave him alone"

flutered wrote: »
    if they has made sure that he did not go around doing this stuff then i would feel deep sorrow for them, it looks as if they had failed or had never tried.

Mother of God!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Damien Tiernan just said on the RTE news that they were all over 18

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

MrStuffins wrote: »
    The kid was definitely in the wrong. No question. Whether you consider it "acting the eejit" or a serious crime, he wasn't in the right!

But the seeming joy people are taking in telling everyone that t hey have no sympathy for this boy who DIED!! is absolutely sickening.

He was a young boy. Whole life ahead of him. maybe he was a little terror or a scum bag but there's nothing to say he couldn't have become a perfectly respectable adult. He is DEAD and everyone is acting like he got what he deserved because someone, not even proven to be him, threw a bottle at someone?

A few people in this thread really need to look themselves in the mirror!

No sympathies and have no need to look at myself in the mirror
    Society will be better off without him
    Shame the other 3 are still around to carry out more trouble in the future

TheDoctor wrote: »
    No sympathies and have no need to look at myself in the mirror
    Society will be better off without him
    Shame the other 3 are still around to carry out more trouble in the future

All you know about this kid is that he was outside a house in a group where someone threw a bottle and you are saying he deserved to die?

You see nothing wrong with that?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    All you know about this kid is that he was outside a house in a group where someone threw a bottle and you are saying he deserved to die?

You see nothing wrong with that?

I know this adult (over 18) was in a group who went to vandalize a person house and who then assault that person.
    Tough luck to whatever happens to them after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Does it not strike anyone as unlikely that someone would become separated from the rest, trip and hurt themselves, then fall into a river or stream and drown?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

drumswan wrote: »
    Does it not strike anyone as unlikely that someone would become separated from the rest, trip and hurt themselves, then fall into a river or stream and drown?

Huh? Sure they apparently all scattered. Seems logical and likely enough. No need to read conspiracy theories into it really.

There is no guarantee thats what happened. The papers are dying to print something so they are happy to print first impressions.

However that scenario does not seem to far fetched.

No way of knowing for sure what happened but I hope the Garda didn't do anything he could get in trouble for and that it was just instant karma.

enda1 wrote: »
    Huh? Sure they apparently all scattered. Seems logical and likely enough. No need to read conspiracy theories into it really.

Of the outcomes I can think of from running through a marshy field, death is probably the most unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

bravestar wrote: »
    Zero sympathy. Yet another member attacked at their own home. When will this country wake up a realise that the way they are asking AGS to do their job is outdated, unrealistic and putting the lives of members, and their families, at risk.
    Really, ZERO sympathy?????
    Are you a cop?

• Advertisement

Dont have to be a cop to have zero sympathy for scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

The chap jumped over a fence with spikes , and fell in a stream according to RTE news @1 .

No it doesn't. The usual antics of cowards. No problem attacking a family home but when confronted run like the little cowardly scum they are.
    You reap what you sow.

You don't get out much do you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭lighterman

flutered wrote: »

My apologies, I didn't realise you knew them personally. I can only presume you do. How else would you know their situation.
    Santa Cruz wrote: »
    "He was a good lad really. Why couldn't the Garda just leave him alone"

Inverteetd brackets are used to quote someone. who are you quoting. I certainly didn't say he was a good lad. I did and do say he didn't deserve to die.
    I know this adult (over 18) was in a group who went to vandalize a person house and who then assault that person.
    Tough luck to whatever happens to them after that.

Where did any report say he went to a house to vandalize it. They were acting the maggot outside someone's show who just happened to be a guard and an altercation which occurred with the group went wrong.

They were being chased, they seem to have separated. He tripped and fell.
    bravestar wrote: »
    Zero sympathy. Yet another member attacked at their own home. When will this country wake up a realise that the way they are asking AGS to do their job is outdated, unrealistic and putting the lives of members, and their families, at risk.

You say this as if he was targeted yet it seems to have just been coincidence.
    Dont have to be a cop to have zero sympathy for scumbags

A group acting the maggot does not make you a scumbag. I would guess your no doctor either or at least I hope your not.

I wonder would all the people saying he deserved to die say it openingly in a group or are they all just key board warriors

Shut up lighterman will you, imbecile

Come on lads there is no need for the name calling.

Facts are in no way established.

I wonder would all the people saying he deserved to die say it openingly in a group or are they all just key board warriors

Yes I was discussing it openly at lunch time with people and the majority agreed with me. So no issue here stating my feelings in public.

Zambia wrote: »
    Come on lads there is no need for the name calling.

Facts are in no way established.
    They are established pretty solidly in the 'Garda can do no wrong' brigades mind, thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

That child has been let down by the adults who should have been bringing g him up properly.

• Advertisement

And anyone who believe it was a co incidence that a group of 4 men arrived outside a senior guards house and threw glass bottles at it really needs check themselves into the loony bin

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement