Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local bargains and various deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dazzday

Dail Bar are doing a special until 9pm Sun-Fri:
    Steak with Chips, Onions and mushrooms, BBq spicy Chicken wings and a freepint/glass of wine for €15.95

The steak is big and thick, served with a beautiful pepper sauce and plenty of mushrooms/onions. Chips are delicious and the wings are proper messy BBQ sauce style,and plenty of them Quite satisfying!

And the quality of the Dail Guinness has suprised even me!

Front door are doing a similar deal for wings, a large pizza and pint for €12

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭BJohnson

Aldi has some good biking gear that went on sale as of yesterday. Picked up some lights for the bike for €4.99 - includes front and back LED's, with batteries in the package. Also got a set of flashing armbands - a 4 pack was going for €5.99. I'll include the link below:

http://aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/offers_week38Thursday09.htm

They're part of the Thursday specials, so they're only available while supplies last.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭soadtool

butcher beside tesco express on the headford road are giving - 5 chicken breasts, 2lbs of mince, 2lbs of diced beef, a side of bacon and a large chicken for 20e. had to read it twice!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

gary82 wrote: »
    The shop beside The River in, opposite UCHG are doing;

Chicken Fillet Roll (chicken, letuce & tomato) €1.77 :eek:
    Chicken Fillet Roll + Wedges €2.50

Great student deal! I think the type of roll may vary from week to week.

My local Ballybrit Mace store on the Monivea Road, just up from Windor Motors have the following deals up on their window, I got the chicken roll yesterday and I swear ta god i couldnt finish it. Cant wait for Wednesday
    :

HOT FOOD DAILY LUNCH SPECIALS
    MONDAY: LARGE HOT CHICKEN SALAD ROLL €2.99
    TUESDAY: CHICKEN CURRY & RICE €2.99
    WEDNESDAY: HOT MEATBALL BAGUETTE €2.99
    THURSDAY: SNACKBOX MEAL – 2 CHICKEN PORTIONS + WEDGES €1.99
    FRIDAY: PIZZA SLICE & WEDGES €1.99

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Papa Johns are currently doing Large Pizza + 3 toppings for €10, delivered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Papa Johns are currently doing Large Pizza + 3 toppings for €10, delivered

mmmmmmmmmm , pizza :pac:
    and its not even breakfast time yet
    lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 galwayrocks

I got a leather wallet at the indoor market on dominick street. 10 euros..was genuine article to.....he has a sign up saying that he is clearing stock and when there gone there gone...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Okay, I'm going to give Mustard, the restraunt in the bridge mills, a bit of a plug because they gave us two meals for the price of one without the special "voucher". They need the buisness, all eateries are quiet this weather. The vouchers are in the Galway advertiser this week and next I think, two for one folks!!

And they're not expensive at all so you can end up getting lunch for two for less than €10!!

Also if you go to www.citylink.ie to book your bus ticket to the airport etc. the fares are €1. Limited availability so you've to book early apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I'm afraid the citylink website is a bit like Brigadoon:rolleyes: I don't mind missing the super cheap deals, but it RARELY works all the way to booking for me. And the bus has never once left on time! Gobus for a tenner for me! Still cheaper than petrol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Gobus FTW! a tenner AND its 2 hours 45 mins (same as the train!) AND they have free wifi on board.

Citylink can take an average of over three hours four or more if you get caught in any of the towns at the wrong time of day with traffic...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Also, ive seen ads for this Suits place out in Briarhill - http://www.suits.ie - has anybody been out there and got anything or heard any reports? i was thinking of heading out on Saturday as they have a good deal of 2 suits, 2 shirts, 2 ties for 400e[/quote]

Okay, I know this was posted ages back but.... I went there to buy a tie for my son it was pure silk and it was €10. When I bought a polyester tie in Dunnes it was also €10!! Go figure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Greaney wrote: »
    Also, ive seen ads for this Suits place out in Briarhill - http://www.suits.ie - has anybody been out there and got anything or heard any reports? i was thinking of heading out on Saturday as they have a good deal of 2 suits, 2 shirts, 2 ties for 400e
    [/quote]

A friend of mine got a suit last week in a place called suit distributors with a shirt and tie for about 200e , don't know if its the same place, can't be too many suit places out in Briarhill?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Dunnes in Westside are selling 3 x Non-Stick pots for €5, with glass lids

1 x 16cm
    1 x 18cm
    1 x 20cm

They're not really high quality, but would be ideal in a student house or for camping etc. - For that price, can't go wrong really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

The chemist in the Corrib shopping centre(where Marks and Debenhams are) have decent offers on a lot of basics at the moment, lots of things have price and they had their Revlon make up reduced too:)

(Could this thread be stickied by the way??)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

(Could this thread be stickied by the way??)

ssssshhhh it's a secret....don't want all our bargains to be sold out do ya :cool:

LOL :D

3 for 2 on Dry Cleaning at Spring clean express at the mo too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Heineken drinkers, head out to Super Valu in Barna, crate of 24 on sale at €28.99. Absolute bargain.

Stock up now for the Ireland France playoff game next weekend;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

The Best of Radiohead for 5 quid in Zhivago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

2 for 1 offer at Milanos:

http://www.milanooffers.ie/index.asp

Belleza salon in Clarinbridge have 50% off waxing Mon-Wed and 30% off tanning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Col200sx wrote: »
    Heineken drinkers, head out to Super Valu in Barna, crate of 24 on sale at €28.99. Absolute bargain.

Stock up now for the Ireland France playoff game next weekend;)

Just got an email from the Roisin Dubh.... €1 off Heineken for every goal Ireland score tonight. Might be worth bearing in mind if a few goals go in.... ;)

In the unlikely, yet possible, event that Ireland score 5 goals.... will they have to pay people for pints? :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

On the back of till receipt rolls (Dunnes), there is a coupon for €2 off a Bus Eireann fare, useful for those in commuter towns. You need to buy the ticket at the travel office at the station

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Dunnes Stores in Knocknacarra (not sure if same in other ones) have a crate of Heineken (24 cans 500mls) for sale at 26.99.

Fantastic value. Christmas drink sorted already:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Forza 2 is €24.99 in Smyths right now. (Picking that up myself)
    E04279_M.jpg

(Rock) Band in a Box PS3, X360 & PS2 now €39.99 there too (Would buy it buy needs purchase of a game to go with it. Will buy Beatles Rock Band eventually, but Forza 2 should keep me happy for a good while.)
    41xlM0Jjl-L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Woodies in well park retail park are doing a 20% off everything as part of their January sale. I imagine the one out on the headford road is doing the same sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

Krieg wrote: »
    Woodies in well park retail park are doing a 20% off everything as part of their January sale. I imagine the one out on the headford road is doing the same sale.

Is there a Woodies in Well Park?:eek: I have to get out there!

Mayoegian wrote: »
    Is there a Woodies in Well Park?:eek: I have to get out there!

Used to be atlantic homecare but was bought out by woodies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

Krieg wrote: »
    Used to be atlantic homecare but was bought out by woodies

:eek:So there's no Atlantic Homecare in Galway anymore?

Mayoegian wrote: »
    :eek:So there's no Atlantic Homecare in Galway anymore?

Nope, no more in Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Woodies and AH have been the same company for some while - simply a rebranding out there I'd say.

Advertisement