Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Coupon Chat Only]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

I agree too. Can a mod please do something about this. We need to stop this before they ruin this altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

I am new to this forum and am amazed at all the tips and hints but I would like to know where you are getting all these coupons, the ones I get from tescos are a joke, they send money off dog food which I have never bought as we have a cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

mrswalton wrote: »
    Never heard of him.

Not having a go at you but... In fairness mrswalton... this guy only asked a question... weather or not there were any KFC coupons.

He is probably only new to the couponing forum and might not return cause he has asked just one question and had the piss pulled out of him by two forum users straight away

Thats fine over at After Hours or similar forums... where you know if you ask a somewhat silly question or the like, you are bound to have the piss pulled out of you, but not here.

alie wrote: »
    I am new to this forum and am amazed at all the tips and hints but I would like to know where you are getting all these coupons, the ones I get from tescos are a joke, they send money off dog food which I have never bought as we have a cat.

Hi and welcome.

www.pigsback.com has coupons.

If you have a facebook page type in as many brands and companies as you can think of and "like" the page. They often have coupons.

www.bubblegum.ie is opening at the end of this month and will have coupons.

Hi alie,

The tesco ones are quite off the mark sometimes...

We keep getting newborn nappy/bottles coupons in our mailings from tesco.

(our youngest is 5!) :D

Think it was because my missus bought newborn nappies recently for my sis and probably scanned her clubcard.

Anyways... just keep an eye here on the couponing forum and you will spot when a new coupon has been issued... peeps on here are normally first to post it up or a link to the same.

Rgds.

• Advertisement

Thank you , I am delighted I found this thread

Irishchick wrote: »
    Hi and welcome.

www.pigsback.com has coupons.

If you have a facebook page type in as many brands and companies as you can think of and "like" the page. They often have coupons.

www.bubblegum.ie is opening at the end of this month and will have coupons.

I liked the Bobbi Brown page and got two miniture spray bottles and also liked the john frieda page and got a full size bottle of straightening serum:)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mrswalton

Hi Alie,
    This forum is now a good source for coupons, Pigsback.com has several coupons that you can reprint as often as you want. (as long as you go in and back out)
    The more you coupon the more you spot them. I've picked up tea, popcorn and spice coupons in store recently. Some of the instore magazine print them, and of course facebook pages of your favourite brands will occasionally put them up.

HTH and welcome to the forum.

PS Have you considered getting a dog? Then perhaps Tesco will send you coupons for catfood.

Hi Alie,
    This forum is now a good source for coupons, Pigsback.com has several coupons that you can reprint as often as you want. (as long as you go in and back out)
    The more you coupon the more you spot them. I've picked up tea, popcorn and spice coupons in store recently. Some of the instore magazine print them, and of course facebook pages of your favourite brands will occasionally put them up.

HTH and welcome to the forum.

PS Have you considered getting a dog? Then perhaps Tesco will send you coupons for catfood.

No, wont get a dog as no -one here during the day, the cat is expensive enough, will only eat whiskas pouches. Could buy shares in the company now.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭gremha

Calling posters "Nazis" is a bit strong, no ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭brian_t

Edit : Coupon Chat surely includes discussion about how coupons are used or abused.
    Some members advocate using coupons in a manner which will help insure that Manufacturers will continue to issue lots of them.
    Members on the other side of the arguement seem to respond with "You're saying something I don't agree with so either Stop or we will get the moderators to deal with you".

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Enough of the bickering. Part of having your say, is that the other person also gets to have their say.

As already has been mentioned, couponing is a somewhat new thing in Ireland (though not to my mother, who has been doing it for 30+ years), and you are learning how to function as a community here.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

Am I the only giggling at the latest mega deal offer of half price cleaners for your home??? E43.99 instead of E86

http://www.pigsback.com/pages/3/587/3235.aspx?pbq=7734%2C7734%2CVOVE

At this stage i have everything on the list for under E10

Maybe I should stock up more and sell it at half price on a mega deal at a later date:D

bubblegum.ie is opening tomorrow. Hopefully they will have decent coupons!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

is anyone else worried about that being a source of coupons?

I listened to the interview and from I personally interpretted was that there would be a limit to the number of coupons that any one person can have for a particular product and also that it could be IP address sensitive so seriously limits the ability to stockpile coupons

so while great for the companies involved as it limits their exposure, not so great for couponers who use a large number of one coupon

also am under the impresison that it will use couponoing software so will only be able to print one coupon directly to page

or has anyone else got a better handle on how it is proposed to work?:(

Usually those sites work on 2 prints per computer. So if you have 2 computers you could print 4 coupons.

But yeah coupon sites usually have some sort of printing limit so you cant stock pile a particular coupon.

However this is where coupon trade could take place?? You could swap 2 coupons that you dont need for 2 you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lilacclery

I'm sceptical about this site, i joined up months ago just wonder If it's a load of fuss about nothing?

If it brings companies on board that might not otherwise offer coupons it's probably a good thing at least companies will see the effect of couponing on their sales.

Irishchick wrote: »
    bubblegum.ie is opening tomorrow. Hopefully they will have decent coupons!

No they wont... it will be the same old same old again... basically a carbon copy of the couponing forum here.

It was funny last year when the couponing thread here started... if a coupon was posted on the couponing thread on boards, you could bet your house on it - that it would appear within 2 to 4 hours on the bubblegum FB page. :D

Unless i am proven wrong... :confused:

Access wrote: »
    No they wont... it will be the same old same old again... basically a carbon copy of the couponing forum here.

It was funny last year when the couponing thread here started... if a coupon was posted on the couponing thread on boards, you could bet your house on it - that it would appear within 2 to 4 hours on the bubblegum FB page. :D

Unless i am proven wrong... :confused:

It should be different as its hosted by coupons.com which is a fairly big website which can bring alot more companies into couponing. At least thats what it does in the U.S

I'm going to withhold judgement on the site until it's established.

The company I work for (large international FMCG) do coupons on very rare occasions, but I know that it's not something that's decided on days/weeks even months in advance. For example, we're planning christmas activity right now for over half our products. By the time budgets are sorted out, stakeholders have had their input, (there's been the odd disagreement), marketing have come up with a concept & permission is granted, at least six months have passed since the initial meeting.

I've said before that I disagree with stockpiling, by all means take advantage of an offer, but don't prevent others from taking advantage of it by being greedy - nobody likes a shelf clearer !!

As Irishchick said above, if it brings more companies into couponing & builds awareness of it, irrespective of IP locks etc, I think it should be welcomed & supported by us.

• Advertisement

Check out post no 37 in the original coupon thread.

Check out post no 37 in the original coupon thread.

I've just finished reading through that thread (most of it). Very interesting.

From what I can make out, the super shoppers page pretty much died in October & the bubblegum.ie page is still going. I fail to see what the problem was. They built up a pretty good following & are still putting coupons up. They obviously spotted a business opportunity & went for it, whereas the owner of the other page let it die.

As I said, I'll reserve judgement. I'm hoping that more companies see the power of couponing & if bubblegum.ie gets them on board, I'll happily buy them a pint, if not, it hasn't cost me anything & I've benefited a bit from them so I'm not going to bitch about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

gremha wrote: »
    I'm going to withhold judgement on the site until it's established.

The company I work for (large international FMCG) do coupons on very rare occasions, but I know that it's not something that's decided on days/weeks even months in advance. For example, we're planning christmas activity right now for over half our products. By the time budgets are sorted out, stakeholders have had their input, (there's been the odd disagreement), marketing have come up with a concept & permission is granted, at least six months have passed since the initial meeting.

I've said before that I disagree with stockpiling, by all means take advantage of an offer, but don't prevent others from taking advantage of it by being greedy - nobody likes a shelf clearer !!

As Irishchick said above, if it brings more companies into couponing & builds awareness of it, irrespective of IP locks etc, I think it should be welcomed & supported by us.

About Bubblegum, I personally would love if they'd get some coupon deals but I do feel quite skeptic due to the experience until now...as long as they are not gonna make money with our work here :P

About stockpiling, more importantly: STOCKPILING is the only way couponing makes sense if you want to save in the long run, otherwise ownbrands and discounts outlets are a way better option price-wise. I am not talking about extreme stuff, but a few bottles/cans/packets a time when the combined price is sufficiently low is the real way to save.
    We are here to help each other couponing with profit, or at least that was my intent when I started this
    (hope this clarifies my point of view also, since someone was asking what I thought of some other poster use of a few coupons for same product at the same time...although I don't think I can be a member if the coupon-police, I woudnt want to).

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lilacclery

Looks like we won't be any the wiser today, due to some glitch bubblegum.ie won't be launching today, on Facebook just now and spotted it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

How many coupons do people generally use? I used 11 yestreday, 2 of the persil, 4 of the brennans bread and 5 of mcambridge... Saved me about €9... part of a large €100 shopping... wondering is there a point where tesco would think "this guy is taking the piss" If you buy 20 things of persil or something and use 20 vouchers and that's all you buy....

It shouldn't be a problem. There is a couple of things to bear in mind.

1. They have the right to refuse to take any coupon if they so wish.
    2. Coupons are like cash to Tescos. They redeem the money. If they are taking and processing a couple of coupons, they may as well process a couple of hundred. The manufacturer pays the face value plus a little bit extra for processing.

We really do need to start thinking of coupons as cash. We are not scamming the system by using them. They are there to encourage you to try products and shop with supermarkets.

Supermarkets and brands take note

I've said it before on here, since i have been couponing i have spent much more of my money with Tescos because they take coupons effortlessly. I have also tried brands (and enjoyed them) that i would never have tried if it were not for the coupon.

Oh.. to answer your question I think the most i have used in one go was about 7, of different types. If a coupon was about to go out of date and it was something i love, can freeze, have space in the freezer for, and is on offer, i would have no problem using 20 of the same coupons.

And as i am pontificating at the moment, i would like to add that stockpiling is not the same as clearing the shelf.

I've said it before on here, since i have been couponing i have spent much more of my money with Tescos because they take coupons effortlessly. I have also tried brands (and enjoyed them) that i would never have tried if it were not for the coupon.

Totally agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

It shouldn't be a problem. There is a couple of things to bear in mind.

1. They have the right to refuse to take any coupon if they so wish.
    2. Coupons are like cash to Tescos. They redeem the money. If they are taking and processing a couple of coupons, they may as well process a couple of hundred. The manufacturer pays the face value plus a little bit extra for processing.

We really do need to start thinking of coupons as cash. We are not scamming the system by using them. They are there to encourage you to try products and shop with supermarkets.

Same here! I'm always in tescos now.... So its a win win for them

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

I've said it before on here, since i have been couponing i have spent much more of my money with Tescos because they take coupons effortlessly.

Same here - they are definitely the easiest when it comes to using coupons, plus they issue coupons to their clubcard members (and I usually get useful ones ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

+1 - though I have to admit my local supervalu have also never rejected one on me

Advertisement