Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Loungers on Tour - is there a doctor in the house?

Options
  • 04-02-2014 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭

Loungers love science is locked! Waaaah! :(

But luckily, there is still cake.
    happy-face.jpeg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I couldn't think of a title. I approve of this one. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

But now we get a shiny new thread :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

So who else is on tour? I'm currently sitting in my hostel in Windhoek Namibia looking out at the rain and making the most of the free WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I couldn't think of a title. I approve of this one. :D

I took longer thinking of the title than anything else.
    I do like the new thread.
    /strokes thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Can we take it places with us? Like cakes on parade??

BirthdayParCake.jpg

• Advertisement

Daisies wrote: »
    So who else is on tour? I'm currently sitting in my hostel in Windhoek Namibia looking out at the rain and making the most of the free WiFi.

Every time you post I get really jealous of you!
    I picked loungers on tour cuz it seems like there are more loungers outside of Ireland than in it.
    But now that I think about it, loungers all over the world would have been better!

I think you win at being on tour!

I'm on the train, somewhere between Dublin and Kildare. Does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,135 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

New thread smell! Yay! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I am heading back to the US on business next week. Does that count? No where near as cool as Namibia... :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I think you win at being on tour!

I'm on the train, somewhere between Dublin and Kildare. Does that count?

Totally counts.

How so Joe, I wouldn't be too jealous, I'm camping at the hostel and it's cold and rainy. Although heading to Cape Town this week which I am ultra excited about.

• Advertisement

We could call it lounging around the world. I'm currently lounging on a couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Loungers - The Global Edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I'm lounging in bed! Have to get up soon as my dad will be home and he's very anti-lounging!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

We could call it lounging around the world. I'm currently lounging on a couch.
    I'm not lounging on a couch. I'm sitting on a couch with my laptop on my lap (ha) and work open beside me.

Do science, they said. Be grand, they said. Gah.

On the upside, PhD officially in the bag. Had an email to say it's been approved by academic council. I will celebrate by doing more work! Yeay!

:(

(despite my rant-like post, I am chuffed and wouldn't change my "profession" for the world)

sullivlo wrote: »
    I'm not lounging on a couch. I'm sitting on a couch with my laptop on my lap (ha) and work open beside me.

Do science, they said. Be grand, they said. Gah.

On the upside, PhD officially in the bag. Had an email to say it's been approved by academic council. I will celebrate by doing more work! Yeay!

:(

(despite my rant-like post, I am chuffed and wouldn't change my "profession" for the world)

Congratulations Dr Sullivlo!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I thought this meant we were going on a holiday :(

Congrats on being a doctor!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

"Your love is like bad medicine,
    Bad medicine is what I need (whoa)
    Shake it up, just like bad madicine
    There ain't no doctor that can cure my disease".

Every time I read the thread title, that's what I'll end up singing.

bluewolf wrote: »
    I thought this meant we were going on a holiday :(

We could go on holidays? I'm thinking Butlins? I've a bucket and spade at the ready and am good to go whenever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Mars Bar wrote: »
    "Your love is like bad medicine,
    Bad medicine is what I need (whoa)
    Shake it up, just like bad madicine
    There ain't no doctor that can cure my disease".

Every time I read the thread title, that's what I'll end up singing.

Was that necessary?!

*succumbs to earworm*

*glares at Mars Bar*

• Advertisement

Was that necessary?!

*succumbs to earworm*

*glares at Mars Bar*

If I'm going down then I'm bringing someone with me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Mars Bar wrote: »
    If I'm going down then I'm bringing someone with me! :D
    We're all just a whim away from singing The Lion Sleeps Tonight. A whim a way, a whim away...

/makes a swift exit.../

We're all just a whim away from singing The Lion Sleeps Tonight. A whim a way, a whim away...

/makes a swift exit.../

Give me Bad Medicine any day!

I love Pete Seeger. I like him so much that I did a project in college where I had to dissect three of his songs and recreate them in Midi and The Lion Sleeps Tonight was one of them. It left me scarred!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'm just back from my tour. Won't be anymore for me for a while! :-(

I see ladies will be in d'Aviva. Come visit me and feel sorry for me having to work if you are!

Gutted.

I applied for a position online. It needed me to do aptitude tests. I tried them yesterday, got halfway thru and my computer froze. I contacted the company and told them. They replied at 4 saying they reset my account. I got the email at 5.30 on my way home. So I missed the deadline.

My application, which took me weeks to prepare, will not be considered.

Edit: I am fully aware that this is my own fault. Just an awful hard way to learn a lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Oh no, sullivlo... I don't really know what to say! :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

sullivlo wrote: »
    Gutted.

I applied for a position online. It needed me to do aptitude tests. I tried them yesterday, got halfway thru and my computer froze. I contacted the company and told them. They replied at 4 saying they reset my account. I got the email at 5.30 on my way home. So I missed the deadline.

My application, which took me weeks to prepare, will not be considered.

Edit: I am fully aware that this is my own fault. Just an awful hard way to learn a lesson.

Could you ring them and explain that you only got the email late and ask if they'd accept a late application?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Ahh new thread! I was wondering why I wasn't getting updates :)

Fairly sure my roof is going to blow off in this storm - or at the very least the electricity will go. eep!

Sorry to hear that Sullivlo, but well done on your doctorness!

Took the dog for a walk. Am frozen solid now. Brrr.

• Advertisement

Could you ring them and explain that you only got the email late and ask if they'd accept a late application?

Been onto them. They won't accept a late application but encouraged me to apply next year.

Their loss ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement