Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Banned for my pov...again!

Options
  • 14-07-2015 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

I've been banned several times now because the mods disagree with my pov.

I can't see how one can discuss WW2, the holocaust or Nazi 'war crimes' without discussing what those crimes were.

I accept as has been said by a mod before that this is not a free speech forum.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Neutronale wrote: »
    I've been banned several times now because the mods disagree with my pov.

I can't see how one can discuss WW2, the holocaust or Nazi 'war crimes' without discussing what those crimes were.

I accept as has been said by a mod before that this is not a free speech forum.

Have you discussed this with the mods as outlined in the graphic above?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Neutronale

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Have you discussed this with the mods as outlined in the graphic above?

No, the mod in question is not interested in discussing it, he merely calls me a troll and bans me.

If I held the same pov as him I would not be banned.

I honestly can't see how there can be a discussion wrt events in WW2 without tackling the thorny issue of the holocaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Neutronale

the steps above are not optional.

Please contact the mod with a view to resolving your disagreement.
    If after that the ban still stands and you wish to challenge it the Cmods will get involved (I am one of that team who may review this ban).

If successful or if no attempt to resolve it is made we'll close this DRP.

Regards
    Taltos

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Neutronale

Taltos wrote: »
    Neutronale

the steps above are not optional.

Please contact the mod with a view to resolving your disagreement.
    If after that the ban still stands and you wish to challenge it the Cmods will get involved (I am one of that team who may review this ban). Hi

If successful or if no attempt to resolve it is made we'll close this DRP.

Regards
    Taltos

I have no faith that the mod concerned is impartial so can I ask you to intervene to adjudicate on the issue.

I was discussing Nazi war crimes on a thread about Nazi war crimes and was told I was trolling.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

As you refuse to follow the simple instructions above there's little point in wasting everyone's time here. If you decide to engage with the mod please feel free to open another thread in this forum should you prove unsuccessful at resolving the issue.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement