Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Journalism Tax Question

• 06-11-2014 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello, I'm a journalist and have gotten my first article published in a British magazine. They're wanting me to invoice them and I was wondering who I'm liable to pay tax to since the people paying me are based in England. Is it the UK or Ireland that I pay?
    And I'm getting paid £160 for the piece. Do I calculate 20% (or whatever VAT actually is) of 160 and charge £192 or do I have to make it so VAT is included in the 160? Sorry, but I'm a real novice here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gard1

if you are living in Ireland you pay your tax in Ireland.

There shouldn't be an issue with vat as I assume you aren't vat registered.

They will pay the 160 pounds and the euro equivalent is your income.

Advertisement