Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking365 online makeover thoughts??

• 02-12-2011 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dimma

See bank of Ireland 365 online banking getting a makeover, its being on the site for a month or so, Does anybody know when it is actually going to happen and why do it so close to xmas, This time last year the site was down alot i remember.

Do you think they will get it right and will it work and be updated correct when we login, I live abroad and rely on it alot so hopefully it will be done good this time, has worked ok the way it is for me but I guess a "makeup" was due....

Your thoughts please?????:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

There's a demo video online which shows very little TBH apart from a cosmetic makeover. I'll be impressed when they allow me to set up beneficiaries without having to phone them in and wait for a letter to arrive in the post, when they have smartphone apps, and if the new system is compatible with all browsers. Made no sense having a separate URL for safari logins if I'd to use my iPhone when I was out and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Do they not txt you a code now when setting up a new payee?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

From early 2012 , BoI say it will be changing for the better and easier to navigate .

I hope so too .

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dimma

Yes see what you mean! well as long as it is quick to log into, does not hang and updates when it should I will be happy,I heard December 8th is the day it changes so we will see, you can already setup new accounts etc and it will just send a txt to your phone to activate.
    yes just looks like a makeover but as long as it does not slow it down with new graphics etc and its fast great. I have a bank of america online account and its bullet fast, plain and simple to use.....

heres waiting to see!!!! please let it work right!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dimma

YES DECEMBER 8th is when it is going live I was told by a mate, just logged in and had it pop up as December 8th.....!!!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Owen wrote: »
    There's a demo video online which shows very little TBH apart from a cosmetic makeover. I'll be impressed when they allow me to set up beneficiaries without having to phone them in and wait for a letter to arrive in the post, when they have smartphone apps, and if the new system is compatible with all browsers. Made no sense having a separate URL for safari logins if I'd to use my iPhone when I was out and about.

There is activation code sent by text now.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Why wait move to NIB and you get everything immediately. Excellent online banking

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Itchyness

chris85 wrote: »
    There is activation code sent by text now.

Want to do an international transfer but because it was not activated by post the limit is €3000 instead of €5000. What a joke, why have different security limits its just unnecessary grief. Oh and its costs €12, AIB is free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Itchyness wrote: »
    Oh and its costs €12, AIB is free.

What costs €12?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭dimma02

yes a makeover ok, can anybody log into this as yet!!!!!!! thanks :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I can get in but it's extremely slow at every stage, taking a minute or more for each screen, maybe wait longer?

• Moderators Posts: 51,683 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Eventually got logged in. Had to try about 7 or 8 times before it worked. But once I logged in the first time, any subsequent logins were fine.

If you can read this, you're too close!

well I thought it was meant to be fast etc, i am waiting minutes just for login screen every time, and I thought this was meant to be better!!!!!! what the hell are they doing in bank of ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

yeah, got in first attempt but it's dog slow.... no major changes for 12 years and then this is what they come up with!

yes i got in too, it is so slow it is just unbelieveable that they would roll out this rubbish to us as customers, where was it beta tested!!! it took maybe 5 minutes to log in and I would not even attempt to transfer money etc with this site, Jeasus I hope it improves, just so so so bad i am lost for words, maybe servers have to come online or something but yes after 12 years on old site, is this the best they can do, a slower more ugly site I have not seen, but it is so so slow!!!!! I will be phoning them this morning to see what they say!!!:mad:

Now the whole bank of ireland website is down!!! crashed i would guess from that crappy slow slow new website??? can anybody else get into either bank of ireland site or new so called improved 365 website!!!

what a joke they are for doing this on the runup to christmas and ona thursday when folks wanna check if they have being paid!!!!! really is something special this bank! I can rave forever as i am abroad and need 365 to function fast and good, not this total crap!!!!

all feedback to the site and on the phone to Bank of ireland, please post here,

thanks rant over!!!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

I cannot log on at all. Tried chrome, Firefox and IE but no luck yet.

I also tried firefox and IE, managed to get in once but so slow that I do not want to try again till i get them on the phone to ask them what the hell is going on, was this not beta tested before being put online, please revert back to old site if this is the way it is...sure we are all in same boat!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭foghlu

Patiently waiting to log in here, Its a bit of a joke as to how bad it is really!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

site is completely down now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,683 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Looks like I spoke too soon, the login process is really moody. I input the correct information and it fails me saying I've input the wrong data :confused:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Guramoogah

184348.jpg

What a time to introduce a flaky new website! Are they prepared for a run on their branches as customers lose confidence and start to panic?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 skinsuit

Really, really dreadful "makeover". Apart from the painfully slow time it's taking, Safari is now not supported so no more Iphone usage, statements arent loading, available balances on credit card dont show on main page and the whole thing looks like sh*t! Still no app as expected. Definitely a step backwards for BoI to pre-1999 days which is bizarre to say the least.

Whoever oversaw this project needs to be shot with balls of his own dung.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

i was able to login couple of minutes ago.. very slow though..

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cactus10

If it aint broke, break it.

I didnt even WANT to upgrade and hoped it would be an optional opt-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

It's completely useless :mad:

Took 5 times for the actual site to load, then multiple attempts to log in, as soon as I do log in, it defaults to a "IE cannot display the webpage" screen.

Tried it with Safari too and nothing.

Usless, completely useless, you'd be quicker actually queueing in the bank :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rev2.0

Never thought i'd say it but the old one is a lot better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cactus10

Seemed like a good time to take the survey on their homepage http://www.bankofireland.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lahinch_lass

the new version is up and it is atrociously slow .. really seriously awful, only thing is it doesn't seem to be doing the "you've been inactive for 5 minutes" routine after 30seconds which did happen on the old system from time to time.

I'm hoping the slowness is because all the BoI online customers are poking the new system today to see what it's like. But if it stays this slow they're going to be seeing a serious increase in folks using the phone or branch instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Yup, on my fourth attempt to log in now, the other three timed out! I got impatient once and clicked the next button again, which cancelled the whole operation and gave me a big warning text page about how clicking things repeatedly doesn't make them go faster.

Ah, I'm in, its like wading through molasses. Now, I want to top up my phone, aaand... nowhere to be seen. Lets give "money transfer" an arthiritic whirl. Four minutes later still Connecting... six minutes and I find myself on the statements page. Okay maybe I pressed the wrong link, lets try again... bit snappier this time, and not too bad towards the end.

Whoever developed that needs to get their act together in a hurry. First rule, don't make things worse. You wouldn't realise how much you rely on these things till they are gone.

Advertisement