Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Festival Press Pass

• 14-07-2015 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I'm in the middle of getting a press pass for Indiependence with the magazine I'm working with. I've never covered an overnight event or an event this big before so I was just wondering what to expect? Like is it an access all areas type of thing or would it still be very restricted?

Also one of my photographer friends is coming with me and I was wondering what it would be like for her too. She's done this type of thing before but I feel stupid having to ask her. They're generally only allowed stay around for a couple of songs per set, isn't that right?

Also what I think it the stupidest question of all - do I have to pay for a ticket still? Or is everything covered in the press pass?

I've only ever covered smaller gigs where I know most of the people running it so I just want to know what to expect really.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Photographers will get the first 3 songs, no flash, sometimes it's less but very rarely.
    Your press pass normally will only get you into the guest area, where there will be a seperate press area which is reserved for press and artists only, the photographer should also be allowed in this area.

You will not have to pay but SOME promotors ask for a charity contribution for guest passes, don't think it applies to press though

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

You are not working with a big promoter so really its pot luck what you'll get. The bigger ones will usually give you a pass, nothing onstage or anything. Possibly vip or guest if it exists there. Photographer unless cleared by bands and venue will not get access with camera. Again this is only based on larger promoters. I imagine smaller ones might be more lax

Advertisement