Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Confused warning

Options
  • 12-06-2015 4:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭

I got a warning from mod JT26 for this quoting of another user for some reason.
    davycc wrote: »
    sf never bombed jack sh1t only dumb bigots actually believe that crap

I don't think Iwasfrozen is a bigot or dumb he just likes telling porkies like the RUC.
    [/QUOTE]

The user davycc was quoting the user Iwasfrozen were he calls him a dumb bigot.

As you can see I quoted davycc telling him Iwasfrozen was not a bigot or dumb.
    I received the warning for calling users names which you can see I did not. I quoted the user who called someone a name & got a warning. The person who actually called a user a name didn't receive a warning.

I Pm'ed the mod who gave me the warning explaining this to him all said was I broke the rules & I won't reply to you again.

So which rules have I broken? Is it okay to call a user a dumb bigot (I'm guessing it is because the person did didn't get a warning) but if you quote someone who calls people dumb bigots that is breaking rules.

Or did the mod just get confused & gave the wrong person a warning? Or is a warning for political beliefs? Which I'm starting to suspect it is now.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Hi
    I'll take a look at this for you

Could you forward on the PMs between yourself and the mod please?

thank you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

Sure.

How do i forward it again?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Go into each PM and there is a forward button there beside reply

Okay thanks. Sorry it took so long to reply, it's hard to find this place.

• Advertisement

Done :)

The same mod was also making hostile replies to me in a thread I started.

Hi
    Thanks for forwarding them on to me

Given you're accusing him of lying and making comparisons to the RUC I am upholding the card. It is just a warning, not a red.

If you have concerns about other people's posts please do report them, they are not under review here.

As per the process above you may request an admin review or I will go ahead and request this thread to be marked resolved

thanks

bluewolf wrote: »
    Hi
    Thanks for forwarding them on to me

Given you're accusing him of lying and making comparisons to the RUC I am upholding the card. It is just a warning, not a red.

If you have concerns about other people's posts please do report them, they are not under review here.

As per the process above you may request an admin review or I will go ahead and request this thread to be marked resolved

thanks

I think you know fool well mine was a tongue in cheek comment. I didn't realize comparing someone to a Police force & using the phrase "porkies" warranted a warning & calling someone dumb & bigot didn't.

I'd happy for this to be closed if someone can explain to me why calling someone a dumb bigot doesn't deserve a warning but saying you think someone might be liar does.

• Advertisement
Advertisement