Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

BTTS double @ ~ 2/1
    Betis v Espanyol & Malaga v R Vallecano

got lucky with this- Pandiani's 93rd min equaliser for Espanyol :D Rayo getting that early goal was perfect for the btts too :)

Last 5 home matches malaga have averaged 2.40 goals scored and conceded 1.40. Last 5 away matches rayo have averaged 2.20 goals scored and conceded 2.60

over 2.5 goals @ 4/6
    over 3.5 goals @ 7/4

Seems like I'm the ONLY person on the thread tonight :p GET IN :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Haha, you 2 are keepin the establishment going 2nite! Malaga got to 2/1 before their equalizer, 2 good to turn down! 10 mins to hold out now! Will post screeny when Im near the comp!

Edit: Screenshot added.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

AC Milan @ 4/6
    AC Milan v Roma
    Match Betting

Napoli @ 4/7
    Napoli v Catania
    Match Betting

Schalke @ 20/21
    Schalke v Bayer Leverkusen
    Match Betting

Borussia Dortmund @ 2/5
    Cologne v Borussia Dortmund
    Match Betting

Over 2.5 @ 4/5
    Chelsea v Tottenham
    Total Goals U/O 2.5

Total stake € 10.00
    Estimated return € 128.86

Spain to win Euro 2012 5/2
    Barcelona to win Champions League 5/4
    Chelsea to win FA Cup 12/5
    Wolves to finish bottom 11/8

Total stake: 2.00
    Potential returns: 127.18

Procrastination made me do this:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

Santos is playing at home tonight on Copa Libertadores, agaisnt the team they won 1-3 last week.
    Kinda hard to find good odds, but pretty sure it's a certain win if you want to add it to your accumulators.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

robertowjr wrote: »
    Santos is playing at home tonight on Copa Libertadores, agaisnt the team they won 1-3 last week.
    Kinda hard to find good deals, but pretty sure you it's a certain win if you want to add it to your accumulators.

Neymar is a doubt for the match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Will Hill iirc opened Santos odds @5/6 :eek: needless too say it didn't last long enough for me to get on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Anyone else find this interesting. Generous odds on Blackburn to win at the weekend against Bolton. They are 2/1 for the win or the draw no bet at 11/10, which I'm thinking about.
    First things first, Bolton have an appalling home record, one of the worst in the division (3 wins, 2 draws and 9 defeats). Blackburn are a decent team, I've watched them recently and their forward players are very good (Hoilett & Yakubu in particular) and despite all the criticism he has had Steve Kean has done a decent job and it looks like they are pulling away from the drop zone.
    Looking at the stats, Blackburn have an ok away record, only 2 wins (incl. their last away game at Wolves) but lots of draws. And they usually have a goal in them on the road (Only failed to score in one away game this season).
    The reason I am bringing this game up is it will be the first since the Muamba incident which has had a serious effect on all the Bolton players. They missed a few days training as a result and you have to wonder how the Bolton players are mentally. Look at Coyle's latest comments
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17473127 . Doesn't fill me with confidence for them. Blackburn have won their last 2 in the league and I think they'll make it 3 on Saturday.

awhir wrote: »
    Neymar is a doubt for the match

100% sure he is going to play.

• Advertisement

user2011 wrote: »
    Will Hill iirc opened Santos odds @5/6 :eek: needless too say it didn't last long enough for me to get on :(

That's madness, got only 1/8 now. ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭useurename

My bets for the weekend.Having a few bets more than usual as i've had a very good week.

Arsenal -1 at evens.

Liverpool @ -1,-2 and ht ft.Nothing like a home game against Wigan to get the wheels in motion for Kenny.They were brilliant until they fell apart against QPR.That won't happen at Anfield.

Man City -1

Man Utd-2 15/8

Blackburn 2/1

Bets of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

On the mobile and powers don't have the market up yet.

can someone have a look on oddschecker and see what price cordozo is for first scorer (benfica).

do you think its a good bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Speaking as a Liverpool fan, Wigan are a serious bogey side for the reds. 1 win in 6 against the Latics.

Liverpool collapsed horribly against QPR midweek and looked decidedly shaky at the back towards the end. Overall league form is awful too, losing 4 of the last 5, and picking up just 2 wins in the last 10.

Wigan on the other hand have picked up of late, losing just 1 of their last 6. They really should have won their last 2 against Norwich and WBA also.

Liverpool have struggled at home in the league all season, especially in the games they're expected to win. 8 draws at Anfield this season. 5 of those games have ended 1-1 and 4 of the last 8 meetings between Liverpool and Wigan have ended 1-1. So small stake on 1-1 at 10/1.

But sadly I'll be all over Wigan+2 at 10/11. This bet would have come in in all but 3 of Liverpool's home league games this season.

I may stick Under 3.5 goals into a small accumulator at 4/9. Would have come in in all but 2 league games at Anfield this season and in 11 of the 13 Premier League meetings between the sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Shane St. wrote: »
    Anyone else find this interesting. Generous odds on Blackburn to win at the weekend against Bolton. They are 2/1 for the win or the draw no bet at 11/10, which I'm thinking about.
    First things first, Bolton have an appalling home record, one of the worst in the division (3 wins, 2 draws and 9 defeats). Blackburn are a decent team, I've watched them recently and their forward players are very good (Hoilett & Yakubu in particular) and despite all the criticism he has had Steve Kean has done a decent job and it looks like they are pulling away from the drop zone.
    Looking at the stats, Blackburn have an ok away record, only 2 wins (incl. their last away game at Wolves) but lots of draws. And they usually have a goal in them on the road (Only failed to score in one away game this season).
    The reason I am bringing this game up is it will be the first since the Muamba incident which has had a serious effect on all the Bolton players. They missed a few days training as a result and you have to wonder how the Bolton players are mentally. Look at Coyle's latest comments
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17473127 . Doesn't fill me with confidence for them. Blackburn have won their last 2 in the league and I think they'll make it 3 on Saturday.
    Agree with you about Rovers. Took them at 21/10 a couple of days ago. €20 on the single. I have to disagree with you on Steve Kean though. Nice bloke and all but woefully out of his depth and has done a shocking job in my opinion. 99% of Rovers fans agree too. Come on Rovers.

Norwich don't have the strongest home record but surely they should fancy themselves against Wolves. Norwich to score 2 or more goals is 4/5 with boyles

the -1 is 2/1 with PP and may look into this also

to go with that ^^^ just over 2/1 double on Boyles that I fancy

Norwich 2+ goals
    Chelsea v Tottenham over 2.5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

double:
    AZAL (Azerbaijani league)
    Swansea or draw
    @ 2.19

AZAL win most of their home games and lose most of their away games, tomorrow they're at home against a team with a poor record away from home, hopefully there'll be no surprises :pac:

http://www.soccerway.com/teams/azerbaijan/olimpik-baki/

Inforfun, any thoughts on Telstar v Eindhoven?

Eindhoven look a good price at 5/6 away to a side who have lost 7 of their last 8 and 3 of their last 4 at home. Eindhoven won last 2 on the road also.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Just one big bet for the weekend Swansea and Blackburn... A shade under 6 to 1. 75 on it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭mcw92

Anyone got a good anytime goalscorer atleast 2/1 ?
    Ive 10freebet to place on a single.
    Considering that if Tevez starts fort City il go with him at 2/1.?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

mcw92 wrote: »

Sigurdsson (Swansea)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Maybe the Yak. Actually scrap that. Sorry. He's 6/4

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

1 big'ish single i ll start the day with is Excelsior - Groningen.

Win for Excelsior @3.25

Excelsior won 3 out of their last 5 home matches, Groningen lost all their last 5 away (only 1 win in 13 for the season).
    1 of the home losses of Excelsior was against Ajax where they deserved more.

Excelsior will be up for it as they can create a bit of a gap between them and last place de Graafschap who will play Feyenoord on Sunday.

Only 18th place is straight relegation in the Dutch league so a 4 point gap is quite something to have so close to the end of the season.

Sigurdsson is a very good shout. Djibril Cisse might be a decent bet at 9/4. Scored in each of his 3 starts for QPR so far and Sunderland were very poor against Blackburn. Playing his former club too having just scored against another of his former clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

McCleary of Forest looks terrific value @ 2/1. Scored four the last day away to Leeds:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Have a free 5er bet on this between today and tomorrow...

Helmes anytime (Wolfsburg) @ 6/4
    McCleary anytime (N.Forest) @ 2/1
    RVP 2 or more @ 11/5

Returns 120

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Jay Rodriguez 17/10
    Andy Keogh 15/8.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Hoilett Anytime @ 5/2 looks tempting
    3 goals in last 2 games

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Inforfun, any thoughts on Telstar v Eindhoven?

Eindhoven look a good price at 5/6 away to a side who have lost 7 of their last 8 and 3 of their last 4 at home. Eindhoven won last 2 on the road also.

Should be an Eindhoven win.
    They had to change coaches last week but that shouldnt be much of an influence.

Match is only tomorrow btw.

Here is the H2H for the last 5 year:

19/08/2011 FC Eindhoven Telstar 3-1 Jupiler League
    21/01/2011 FC Eindhoven Telstar 1-0 Jupiler League
    22/10/2010 Telstar FC Eindhoven 1-2 Jupiler League
    23/04/2010 Telstar FC Eindhoven 1-2 Jupiler League
    25/09/2009 FC Eindhoven Telstar 1-2 Jupiler League
    16/01/2009 FC Eindhoven Telstar 1-4 Jupiler League
    03/10/2008 Telstar FC Eindhoven 1-1 Jupiler League

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement