Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSVita megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

shuffles03 wrote: »
    What's the story with Street Fighter V Tekken (PS Plus). Is it designed to be an online game? I ask because I fired up Arcade mode 2 nights ago and within 20 mins I had finished it. I only have a 4GB memory card so I'm wondering whether I should keep it on the Vita or swap it out for Jak & Daxter instead.

That's how fighting games work!! But yeah, it's mainly designed as a game to be played online. With brief forays into single player to pick up some minor story lines and to learn the basics etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Keep it or swap it out for J&D? I've read that J&D is a poor port with framerate issues, freezing etc. Never played J&D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Keep it or swap it out for J&D? I've read that J&D is a poor port with framerate issues, freezing etc. Never played J&D.

The first game is quite poor in terms of framerate and such, but still playable. The second and third though are fine IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I'll feel guilty if I delete SFvT so soon after downloading it :pac:......it's time to be a trophy whore!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Apologies if this has been asked before but does anyone know how to prevent the PSV browser from refreshing every ten seconds? It's unusable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Apologies if this has been asked before but does anyone know how to prevent the PSV browser from refreshing every ten seconds? It's unusable.

I've never noticed that before. Have you updated it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Otacon wrote: »
    I've never noticed that before. Have you updated it?

Yeah, running on the latest firmware :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Yeah, running on the latest firmware :confused:

yeah I get this happening the odd time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Heading into town to pick up the Argos bundle...hope its worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Drum.lad wrote: »
    Heading into town to pick up the Argos bundle...hope its worth it.

Wish I was! Bought my Vita back in Aug at a reasonable price but you would be a Father Dougal to turn down this offer. You won't regret it.

JQQL6.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

jaffusmax wrote: »
    you would be a Father Dougal to turn down this offer. You won't regret it.

LOL :D

Lol ya been meaning to buy one for a while have a load of games for it already through PS plus.Hopefully the ps4 functionality will be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That argos deal wants me to go and buy one more Vita... With Killzone I already got lol. :D

Just got done in Argos.Unfortunately I have 6 hours of work to get through before I can open it up

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Drum.lad wrote: »
    Just got done in Argos.Unfortunately I have 6 hours of work to get through before I can open it up

Think I'll pop dow tomorrow. What deal did you go with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Just back from Argos!

Issac wrote: »
    Think I'll pop dow tomorrow. What deal did you go with?

The 179 for the vita killzone memory stick and the tennis game

Ok well i have been trying to do the system update so i can link my psn account but i keep getting error C3-3841-6

problem solved transferring some of my ps plus games over to the vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Irish Warri0r

Been wanting a vita for a while but kept putting it off but picked up the 180 offer in Argos today and have to say I'm impressed killzone is great and have been a PS+ member for a few months now so also have a load of games to play also,happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Picked up the Argos deal myself today, way too good an offer to turn down. I have a bit of an annoyance with my Vita already though. When games are loading on a black screen I see all these blobs all across the screen and also like a vertical line of black marks on the right hand side as well. Doing a little research online this seems to be quite the norm with oled Vita screens (mura I think its called) but It's a little worrying all the same. Have many of you Vita owners experienced this? any point in me sending it back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

nocoverart wrote: »
    Picked up the Argos deal myself today, way too good an offer to turn down. I have a bit of an annoyance with my Vita already though. When games are loading on a black screen I see all these blobs all across the screen and also like a vertical line of black marks on the right hand side as well. Doing a little research online this seems to be quite the norm with oled Vita screens (mura I think its called) but It's a little worrying all the same. Have many of you Vita owners experienced this? any point in me sending it back?

Same thing with mine. Apart from seeing it when the screen is completely black during load times I never see it so it doesn't bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Sounds like you might have a slightly dodgy one. I'd try to change it for another in Argos, no harm in trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

I noticed this too. I thought it was just the COD loading screen at first but after seeing it in other games/apps I realised it wasn't.

Anyway, it only ever happens at times when the whole screen is black, and I'v never noticed it at any other times.

I wouldn't worry about it to be honest, I'd take it back if it annoys you while playing games though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Chris Ryan

Them black blobs on the screen are because of the OLED...fairly sure it's the same on every Vita

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Irish Warri0r

Probably a stupid question but if I play my vita while signed in does it notify all my friends on ps3 that I'm online and what game I'm playing?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Probably a stupid question but if I play my vita while signed in does it notify all my friends on ps3 that I'm online and what game I'm playing?

Sort of, anyone signed in on the Vita appears on the very bottom of my friends list - doesn't indicate what game you are playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Gonna be grabbing the Vita deal tomorrow in Argos.

Am I right in thinking Amazon is the handiest place to get the 32GB card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Gonna be grabbing the Vita deal tomorrow in Argos.

Am I right in thinking Amazon is the handiest place to get the 32GB card?

Yes, but they have gone up a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Well it was looking like the best place, but it seems they've run out of stock over the weekend. ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭ondafly

picked one up also - good deal. Yet again though, disappointed with Netflix support in Europe, so both the Vita and 3DS don't support Netflix in Europe, whereas the USA works fine.

I see remote play is supported for God of War Collection and SOTC/ICO on the Vita , which is nice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement