Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are shops open easter Sunday?

• 03-04-2010 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Just wondering will shops be open tomorrow????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭south

don't think so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I thought they where. Hmm. There is always someone who will open anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

City Square is closed anyway folks - thank god!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭ec18

superquinn is open

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Tesco Ardkeen is open 10 - 6 , worst luck.... working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

wmpdd3 wrote: »

Yeah and if people stopped shopping on these days people like you would not be working!!! Easter Sunday and Christmas Day all shops should be closed,2 days out of the whole year please stay away from the shops!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭suirfire

Tesco Tramore CLOSED yippie day off enjoy lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

What sort of shop?

Most little shops will be open.

pommers wrote: »
    Yeah and if people stopped shopping on these days people like you would not be working!!! Easter Sunday and Christmas Day all shops should be closed,2 days out of the whole year please stay away from the shops!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree, I always get the person who travels into the shop, to complain how the store shouldn't be open!!!

It ended up being more busy than a usual Sunday. Some people had even came from Dungarven for the day:eek:

So you can take it most shops will be open next easter Sunday based on Today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

pommers wrote: »
    Easter Sunday and Christmas Day all shops should be closed,2 days out of the whole year please stay away from the shops!!!!!!!!!

Why? not everyone is a Christian. These are Christian holidays but just normal days to everyone else. If you are a Christian and don't want to shop on these days well fine, don't, but allow to choice to others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I see the Bookies are open once again on Easter Sunday ...............have been closed on this day the last few years .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The more shops that are open the merrier. I don't see why Easter Sunday should be any different.

I think shops should be closed Easter Sunday. Though I refuse to shop on a Sunday anyway and haven't in decades.....and I'm not Christian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

5 year zombie thread........must be a record :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I think shops should be closed Easter Sunday. Though I refuse to shop on a Sunday anyway and haven't in decades.....and I'm not Christian.

Why would you rather they are closed when you can simply choose not to go to them. Why does everyone else have to go along with your way of doing things?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

obezyana wrote: »
    5 year zombie thread........must be a record :D

fecks sake..why do i always feel like someone robbed me when i just realised that the thread im readin is 5 years old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Anyone know If Lidl open on Sunday? the website doesn't have any details beyond usual opening hours.

edit that - just seen on twitter they are closed :mad: Bloody Germans

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

What's the best shop for blas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Is CEX open today?

lertsnim wrote: »
    Why would you rather they are closed when you can simply choose not to go to them. Why does everyone else have to go along with your way of doing things?

Completely agree, I never go to shops on Easter Sunday / St Stephan's day / New Year's day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement