Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wigs

Options
  • 22-10-2008 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭

Hey Ladies, I was looking at getting a wig for my halloween costume and mentioned it to another female friend. She gave me a list of recommendations and i was surprised to learn she has about 8 wigs at home. She uses them for going out, if she wants a particular style and doesn't want to go through the time of styling or the damage to her hair. I would have thought wearing a wig would be obvious but i've never notcied on her. She has a few female friends who do this as well. I was curious to see if this is generally done as i think its quite a clever idea. Any opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

I use hair extensions thre odd time, maybe once or twice a year, but I dint think Id be happy with a wig. I only wear them at halloween and my go God do they itch!!! Then there is always the fear of it coming off in public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

Ehhh wouldnt be my thing, and as far as I know nobody I know does this... kinda makes sense, but yeah like Janey says i'd be mortified if it came off mid-enthusiastic dance move or somthing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

Haven't tried it, but I would love to if I could find a place that sold them. I've never seen them in the shops or anything.

I've seen them on ebay but I'd rather have a look at them in real life / shops first.

They would be very handy to just throw on if I wanted a different hair colour / style for an evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Moved from LL.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I use clip in hair extensions from time to time. You wouldn't know they weren't real.

Wouldn't wear a wig though, i'd be afraid it would come off.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Lady

Im thinking of cutting my long hair short and was wondering where you guys get the extensions from? good quality? cheap?
    Be nice to have the option of longer hair every so often :P
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Im thinking of cutting my long hair short and was wondering where you guys get the extensions from? good quality? cheap?
    Be nice to have the option of longer hair every so often :P
    Thanks

I got mine from 'Hot hair' (think that's the name) shop in Debenhams on Henry Street.

They're the Jessica Simpson/Ken Paves extensions. The synthetic ones are around 100 euro for 19", but the real hair ones are about 400 euro.

Even my hairdresser thinks the synthetic ones are very realistic so I wouldn't bother spending 400 on the human hair ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

Morgase wrote: »
    Haven't tried it, but I would love to if I could find a place that sold them. I've never seen them in the shops or anything.

Wigwam in Powerscourt shopping centre in Dublin sells them. Pretty expensive though :eek: http://www.wigwam.ie/fashion_wigs.html

Advertisement