Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best English Rapper Ever!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

Mike Skinner has gone away with it again!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I really dont know who my favorite English rapper is. There are a few that I like/d such as Blade, Example, Mike Skinner, Da Brotherhood, Skinnyman and old skool Black Twang before he went bling.

I guess the one that I listen to most nowadays is Speech Debelle who is not in the poll.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I really dont know who my favorite English rapper is. There are a few that I like/d such as Blade, Example, Mike Skinner, Da Brotherhood, Skinnyman and old skool Black Twang before he went bling.

I guess the one that I listen to most nowadays is Speech Debelle who is not in the poll.

Havent listened to Speech Debelle at all.. Is he worth a listen???

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

danbrosnan wrote: »
    Havent listened to Speech Debelle at all.. Is he worth a listen???

Yes, and it's a she!

She won the mecury music prize for her first album, and her second album is pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

Theres too many but Skinnyman and The Brotherhood are up there (both of them). Elementalz is still my top english album

But if I had to pick one emcee it would be Braintax

Dizzee is phenomenal on Boy in The Corner. If he had continued along that road he would be topping it.

• Advertisement

I agree dizzie is one serious mc!!!!!

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Yes, and it's a she!

She won the mecury music prize for her first album, and her second album is pretty good too

Heard her on one of the music channels the last night, she quite a talent alright, lets see what the world does to her over the next couple of years!!!!

By the way is Boom Bap the expert??? and who did you vote for??:D

danbrosnan wrote: »
    By the way is Boom Bap the expert???

No, I am not. But very good friends with him since we were young lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Boom_Bap:D wrote: »
    No, I am not. But very good friends with him since were young lads.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Has to be Akala for me.

Top 3 imo:

1. Akala
    2. Wiley
    3. Scroobius Pip

Could listen to those 3 all day

Chiggidy check this out, crazy sh!t

• Advertisement

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Has to be Akala for me.

Top 3 imo:

1. Akala
    2. Wiley
    3. Scroobius Pip

Could listen to those 3 all day

Chiggidy check this out, crazy sh!t

Very well said to be honest it was a close second with me with akala... Akala and Kano my favorite artists... and i am a huge huge akala fan after listening to his fire in the booth i feel guilty cause i should have given him my number 1, i mean nobody can touch him really... he has done it himself in every way possible out of every person to have ever lived in the world that i would like to meet it would have to be akala... a true genius...

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭CraigSmith

It's between Skinner and example (old stuff) really, two quality rappers in there rap phase.

Can't believe pro green actually got votes :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

No vote for Sketpa? Doin' it again is a good album.

Ya i agree, can't understand how skepta got no vote...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

He has a song called Throw it in the bin which probably explains what happened to his CD :D

CraigSmith wrote: »
    It's between Skinner and example (old stuff) really, two quality rappers in there rap phase.

Can't believe pro green actually got votes :rolleyes:

Dont agree listened to all his stuff, while on holiday last week and even though he has a lot of ****, some really good tracks... He has gone completely commercial but you gotta even you want to make money, can't blame him for that tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I think you can blame him for it if the tunes are awful. I love pop rap when it's executed properly but himself and Professor Green have put out a string of unimaginative commercial pap in the last two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Blade ****in nails it on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

DrumSteve wrote: »

Blade ****in nails it on this one.

That's more like it,proper UK rap

• Registered Users Posts: 7 VisualStats

Dizzie Rascal is the best for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Dappy ha ha ha ha ha good one.I always liked Wiley and TY but Mike Skinner is the best to me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Dappy is a cretin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Roots Manuva is clearly the best MC from the UK if you're not including Slick Rick and DOOM.

Witness the Fitness!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Roots Manuva is clearly the best MC from the UK if you're not including Slick Rick and DOOM.

Witness the Fitness!!!!
    Yeah roots manuva is deadly. Wiley has flow for days though and he's a top producer.

Thanks for all the votes lads...

The streets won again even with all there flaws...

Just goes to show the best isn't always the most popular...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Role

Why the **** wasn't delvin even mentioned on that poll. Not saying he would of won but he should of been recognised. Delvin fire in the booth sums my point up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Because saying he's the best UK rapper of the last 10 years would be hard to argue.

I haven't listened to a lot of him lately but I always got the impression he was good on grime beats but incapable of flowing or finding nice patterns on hip hop ones (which all his mainstream stuff has been). Maybe he's improved since I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Jehst is the right answer. Hands down the best UK rapper of all time. Skinnyman is up there as well but he only put out one project, albeit that one project was the classic Council Estate Of Mind, he doesn't have enough material to be the best.

Jehst
    Skinny
    Chester P
    Roots Manuva
    Lee Scott
    Klashnekoff
    Verb T
    Trellion
    Melanin 9

They're some of best of the past 10 years for me. The you have people like Dizzee, Wiley, Kano, Skepta etc but grime and UK rap are two separate things all together imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Cyrus Malachi deserves a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Advertisement