Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No animals were harmed....

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Emiko wrote: »
    Who can forget the buffalo which had it's throat slit at the end of 'Apocalypse Now'.

Who says that wasn't artistic?

I dont think a case can be made for justifying animal cruelty in the name of art.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

They blew up a real live horse with dynamite for a scene in Heaven's Gate. That was as late as 1979 and was what arguably started the whole PETA involvement with Hollywood studios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭Emiko

I dont think a case can be made for justifying animal cruelty in the name of art.

As long as the cast and crew sat down to a hearty buffalo stew afterwards, I don't see the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Emiko wrote: »
    As long as the cast and crew sat down to a hearty buffalo stew afterwards, I don't see the issue.

Meh, you seem to be semi trolling, but if it isnt necessary i dont see the point.

It just seems a bit retarded inflicting pain on an animal when its not required. Each to their own however.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

First, you stun them. Then you stick'em in the vice.

I could run them down in me van!

Have you nothing I could kill at all all, Father?

http://www.channel4.com/assets/programmes/images/father-ted/series-2/episode-6/bunny-boiler/father-ted-s2e6-bunny-boiler_200x113.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

...In the making of this motion picture. This tag is at the end of every movie made now a days, But my ponderence of this is why does it not say no humans were harmed are we not as important as animals? Why dont we get a special mention at the end credits.
    Another thing in the making of The Game of Thrones a scene where a horse gets its head lamped off and Peta :rolleyes: complained... but there are hundreds of humans are slain in the most awful ways.

So why are animals more important than humans?

Pretty much because there are alot of as*holes out there.
    Theres alot of animal rights extremists who even take an issue to an animal being killed on camera (while being perfectly safe and unharmed) like the perfect peta example you mentioned... :rolleyes:

Just as*holes who need to cop on to themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

just laid down te biggest gozzier right between the biggest most muzzled pitbull's eyes. not what I wish to be greeted by outside the post office..

he / his owner flinched like it hurt but I can assure you, no animals were harmed

Advertisement