Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How Do You Kill Your Fish???

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

you got a video of that or a photo?

.308 sounds like a bit of over kill .... there would be a red mist... presume they shot them when still in the water.... no hole in boat...but i think over kill is better than under kill...:)

Was not wholesale slaughter the most common fish and chips in Oz is flake which is shark its nice.
    Unlike them scumbags who ust use the fins and throw rest over the side.

At least all fish caught were going to be used have some photos of pig hunting with knives and dogs but wrong forum.

Also on the Murray system caught 100s of carp and released everyone which was breaking the law there supposed to be killed on sight as there invasive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭DryFlyFishing

salmon are trout...ok if you say so it must be true.....
    :rolleyes:
    your trout are the size of grilse....well there were a lot of small grilse around this year...i have caught trout that could eat them. to be honest the grilse are so small its hardly worth the bother fishing for them. or catching and cleaning them out.

dont kill trout because i prefer to let them back...now you understand.
    i dont see the need to explain how i dispatch a salmon on here 'in detail' as you say.....all experienced salmon anglers will know how themselves.

the thread is for people who will describe how they kill there fish... why are you on it?

Andip wrote: »
    Nobody said anything about unsupervised ! - last time they were posted under a generic fly fishing on the corrib heading & she could well be in the room while I'm running through posts.

was it one of my videos... tell the truth???? i think it was...

if it was not one of my videos ... can you post the clip as we would all like to see what has that person sending

i dont think you got a letter of complaint at all........ it was you...did your little girl see the video... ... think you gave the game away with above post

clived2 wrote: »
    Has the world gone mad, 10 year old on the internet unsupervised, yes
    thats the internets fault, that is not a valid reason

agree...

coolwings wrote: »
    I think you are wrong there DFF.

A very long time ago I was part of a survey of anglers. We established that the old saying that 90% of the fish are caught by 10% of the anglers is inaccurate.
    The truth is more like 85% of the fish are caught by 10% of the anglers.
    This was tested out by a survey. Then over two seasons we compared the results during competitions where the angler and catch was visible and found it to be a reasonable assessment.

The obvious conclusion is that if the highly skilled anglers begin to kill more than a tiny portion of their catch, the fishery declines and the other anglers catch nothing. The very fact that "medium" anglers continue to have good fishing is evidence that the highly skilled anglers are returning most of their catch.

Of course there are high profile exceptions to this pattern of relatively few anglers catching and returning most of all the fish caught.

Survey.... smurvey..... anyone that has skill is only targeting a certain size and type of fish at any one time.. and throws back the rest... as they would not be interested.. boring to them to get anything else...

people with little skill are hungry to get a fish and kill it and bring it home to eat... and on there good days if they found the right spot there is slaughter of small fish

• Advertisement

coolwings wrote: »
    I think you are wrong there DFF.

you would be mistaken to think that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

dryfly keeps his fish in a pit in his basement... The trout put the lotion on their skin they do this when they are told or else they get the hose again...

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

dryfly keeps his fish in a pit in his basement... The trout put the lotion on their skin they do this when they are told or else they get the hose again...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Thread well & truly run its course (no pun intended :rolleyes:) Thread Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement