Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Expressway livery

• 03-07-2014 11:02pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Bus Éireann are introducing a new Expressway livery (as seen in their current TV advertising campaign) - mostly all over red, with touches of grey. Very little white to be seen. While Dublin Bus have changed their livery several times, this is the first time Bus Éireann have made any sort of radical change to their colour scheme (although it has gone through some restyling).

Also sees the return of Expressway as the primary brand as it was in the 1980s - on the formation of Bus Éireann it got relegated to small text beside the Bus Éireann logo and hasn't featured at all, except in print material, for the last decade or so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Csalem

SE 20 and SE 15 have been painted so far. Here is SE 20:
    14421663166_75ee8d5f1f_c.jpgSE 20 St. Mobhi Road 17/06/14 by Csalem's Lot, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Rawr

It does look very nice, but from a distance I wouldn't recognise it as a Bus Eireann bus at all. I'd easily assume it was another private operator.

I think they need to put the Irish Setter in there somewhere. Then it would seem more 'Bus Eireann-ish' to me :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It is there but is almost invisible - it's on the door in white which doesn't contrast well with the grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Rawr

icdg wrote: »
    It is there but is almost invisible - it's on the door in white which doesn't contrast well with the grey.

Oh yea..I see it now. True, it's nearly invisible. If they put it somewhere on the red part of the livery it would stand out better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭serfboard

icdg wrote: »
    the return of Expressway as the primary brand
    All the easier to (break it up and) flog it off ... in my conspiracy theorist opinion ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

serfboard wrote: »
    All the easier to (break it up and) flog it off ... in my conspiracy theorist opinion ...

My thoughts exactly.

Advertisement