Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

9.1 EU release is 11/6

Options
  • 05-06-2014 8:33am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Since the WG Russian side have made it public, the EU release is next Wednesday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I hope the crashign is sorted out. It's driving me demented at this stage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

9.1 seems like one giant hotfix for 9.0.

What crashing are you seeing though?

Arrived in 9.0 Seems to happen when an enemy tank that you haven't seen comes into view. It happens about 2-3 times a session and it's incredibly annoying because by the time you log back in you're a burning wreck. Game pauses, ctds but not completely as it's still running down in the taskbar but trying to alt tab back in etc doesn't work. Have to ctrl-alt-del and then restart.

Hoping 9.1 resolves it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Show me the python.log contents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I'd be reinstalling tbh .... and installing new graphics drivers while I was at it

• Advertisement

Could just be a single dud file. If so it's simple to replace it.

At work now. I did consider redownloading but couldn't be arsed so far :P Lets see if the patch sorts it and if not I'll take steps.

I suspect an issue in the tank texture/model files, which the patch may not touch. And it's still a week till release if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭VikingG

I haven't had any issues with 9.0 and certainly have not seen that issue.... I would agree with Spear it is probably a corrupted pkg file.. as the patch will only apply a delta unless they are changing that particular tank I doubt it will fix that issue.

Reinstalled. Crash/hang still happening.

error in logs is [WARNING] (scripts/client/account_helpers/CustomFilesCache.py, 33): Method "close" takes too much time.

Seems to be happening to others as well. Strange how it only manifested at the 9.0 patch but forums suggest others had it before that.

• Advertisement

What's the timestamp on that python file?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i have had crazy fps problems but i think a lot of it is down to my mods. i know gnomefathers causes crazy fps jumps in first game every day for some reason, he said it on his fb himself.

Spear wrote: »
    What's the timestamp on that python file?

Here's one in full

\
    BigWorld Release Client (compiled at 13:52:52 May 7 2014) starting on Fri Jun 06 14:19:43 2014

Checking ./res_mods/0.9.0: mods found
    [XPM] preloader gui.Scaleform.locale
    [XPM] Working dir: ./res_mods/0.9.0/scripts/client/gui/mods
    [XPM] Loading mod: kwg_waiting_fix 0.3 (http://www.koreanrandom.com/forum/topic/11630-/#entry151768)
    [XPM] Loading mod: xvmstat 1.3.0 (http://www.modxvm.com/)
    LoadMod: GunConstraints
    LoadMod: MS
    [NOTE] (scripts/client/post_processing/__init__.py, 275): The quality = 0 was selected.
    [NOTE] (scripts/client/post_processing/__init__.py, 275): The quality = 0 was selected.
    [SPACE] Loading space: spaces/53_japan
    [WARNING] (scripts/client/account_helpers/CustomFilesCache.py, 33): Method "__run_read" takes too much time 0.145999908447
    [SPACE] Loading space: spaces/hangar_premium_v2
    [EXCEPTION] (scripts/common/Event.py, 34):
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "scripts/common/Event.py", line 32, in __call__
    File "scripts/client/gui/Scaleform/LogitechMonitor.py", line 123, in onVehicleChange
    File "scripts/client/CurrentVehicle.py", line 254, in getHangarMessage
    File "scripts/client/gui/shared/gui_items/Vehicle.py", line 427, in getState
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getQueueType'
    [SPACE] Loading space: spaces/35_steppes
    [NOTE] (scripts/client/gui/arena_info/ArenaDataProvider.py, 338): Player's team not found.
    [NOTE] (scripts/client/gui/arena_info/ArenaDataProvider.py, 344): Player's vehicle ID not found.
    [NOTE] (scripts/client/gui/arena_info/ArenaDataProvider.py, 351): Uses slow player search by name
    [NOTE] (scripts/client/gui/arena_info/ArenaDataProvider.py, 244): Team not found
    [NOTE] (scripts/client/gui/arena_info/ArenaDataProvider.py, 244): Team not found
    [SPACE] Loading space: spaces/38_mannerheim_line
    [SPACE] Loading space: spaces/08_ruinberg
    [WARNING] (scripts/client/account_helpers/CustomFilesCache.py, 33): Method "__run_read" takes too much time 0.105000019073
    [SPACE] Loading space: spaces/02_malinovka
    [EXCEPTION] (scripts/common/Event.py, 34):
    File "scripts/common/Event.py", line 32, in __call__
    File "scripts/client/gui/Scaleform/LogitechMonitor.py", line 123, in onVehicleChange
    File "scripts/client/CurrentVehicle.py", line 254, in getHangarMessage
    File "scripts/client/gui/shared/gui_items/Vehicle.py", line 427, in getState
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getQueueType'
    [SPACE] Loading space: spaces/29_el_hallouf
    File "scripts/client/AvatarInputHandler/aims.py", line 993, in __update
    File "scripts\MS.py", line 154, in new_arcade_update
    File "scripts\MS.py", line 55, in new_update
    AttributeError: 'DetachedTurret' object has no attribute 'typeDescriptor'
    [SPACE] Loading space: spaces/39_crimea
    [SPACE] Loading space: spaces/23_westfeld
    [SPACE] Loading space: spaces/05_prohorovka
    PostProcessing.Phases.fini()
    [WARNING] (scripts/client/account_helpers/CustomFilesCache.py, 33): Method "close" takes too much time 0.565999984741

\
    /

Here's one in full

I meant on CustomFilesCache.py.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

It mentions XVM, did you try removing that and testing? (and any other mods installed as well)

Advertisement