Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Price Changes FPL 14/15 **Mod warning 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

frimpong wrote: »
    Siggy, Fabregas, Chester and Berahino all over over 100% and will rise tonight according to totalfpl.
    Sterling certain to join them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Going to regret not bringing in Siggy before the rise I think. My worry was that I didn't have much faith in Monk as a manager, but he seems to know what he's doing and I think Siggy is in for a massive season with some cosy fixtures in the short term too.

Had visions of going Mata -> Sterling and Shelvey -> Siggy and completely owning midfield for the season, but that ship has sailed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Looks, like last year, that TotalFPL is most accurate. FISO had Davies to drop last night, but it didn't happen (thankfully!). Looks like we'll have a lot of changes tonight: Cesc, Siggy, Sterling, Chester and Berahino all going up.

Looks, like last year, that TotalFPL is most accurate. FISO had Davies to drop last night, but it didn't happen (thankfully!). Looks like we'll have a lot of changes tonight: Cesc, Siggy, Sterling, Chester and Berahino all going up.

TotalFPL had to Barkley to drop last night and he didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

As much as I don't want to loose money on Mata I'm going to keep him for another week or 2. .2mil is the cut off though. I can free up money downgrading Sanchez to Ramsey if needs be so not overly worried.

I have no money at all spare which I don't like, It makes it so much harder to make changes when .1mil of a change can mess things up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    TotalFPL had to Barkley to drop last night and he didn't.
    That is because Barkley has to reach 250% to drop as he is red flagged. Totalfpl had his percentage right.

frimpong wrote: »
    That is because Barkley has to reach 250% to drop as he is red flagged. Totalfpl had his percentage right.

The 250% should have been already taken into account seen as he was red flagged.

As I've said before none of them are reliable for the first week or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

The 250% should have been already taken into account seen as he was red flagged.

As I've said before none of them are reliable for the first week or 2.

I think it's fairly clear that they haven't taken the 2.5X into account.
    He was was owned by 450,000 or so players to start.
    He is down to 320,000 or so now and is at 240%
    122,500 would have been the 2.5X number required.

That's about right to me. They just haven't adjusted for the 2.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,631 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sterling on a rise tonight then.... Must resist taking a hit for Mata, must not take a hit.

PARlance wrote: »
    I think it's fairly clear that they haven't taken the 2.5X into account.
    He was was owned by 450,000 or so players to start.
    He is down to 320,000 or so now and is at 240%
    122,500 would have been the 2.5X number required.

That's about right to me. They just haven't adjusted for the 2.5.

But we're to believe that Snodgrass, Naughton, Puncheon & Shaw are to drop tonight? they're red flagged also so? by your reckoning they'd have to reach 250% no? Barkley will drop tonight even if not one more person transfers him out and even though he's only 238% on totalfpl.

You guys place too much weight in totalfpls reliability.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Mata dropping doesn't bother me that much. Brought in Chester yesterday so if he goes up it'll balance itself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

HighClass wrote: »
    Mata dropping doesn't bother me that much. Brought in Chester yesterday so if he goes up it'll balance itself out.

Not entirely true, because you'll only be able to sell Chester at a profit if he gets a 0.2 rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Very interesting..Siggy didn't rise tonight despite being on over 200% on totalfpl. Fab and a few others did rise. I wonder have they capped it to 0.1m rise a week this year? At the very least it seems like they've increased the threshold required for a second rise in the same week. Will have a big impact for price rise chasers.

In a way it's annoying if they've changed it because it was a chance to get an edge over casual players. But in another way, the game should be about getting points and not price rises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

qwabercd wrote: »
    Very interesting..Siggy didn't rise tonight despite being on over 200% on totalfpl. Fab and a few others did rise. I wonder have they capped it to 0.1m rise a week this year? At the very least it seems like they've increased the threshold required for a second rise in the same week. Will have a big impact for price rise chasers.

In a way it's annoying if they've changed it because it was a chance to get an edge over casual players. But in another way, the game should be about getting points and not price rises.

My theory is TotalFPL figures were a little off and he wasn't quite at 200%. At least I hope so, otherwise this wildcard was a massive mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭G1032

My theory is TotalFPL figures were a little off and he wasn't quite at 200%. At least I hope so, otherwise this wildcard was a massive mistake.

He should only have had to reach 100% to drop. This is a bit of a joke. It's clear, whatever his percentage, that a sh!t load of people transferred him in and his price didn't increase. If this is a new policy they have in place then my interest in this game will take a serious decline. Every Tom, Dick and Harry will have the same team if prices don't go up more than 0.1 in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Once again, the thresholds for rises and falls are only guesses at the moment as its so early in the season. The indicators on these sites can't be taken as even near gospel for a few weeks. No need for the omg the game is ruined over reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Also I wonder if they've gone back to the way of measuring NTI for multiple rises to what was there 3 yrs ago and more. If a player hit the NTI for a rise in a Gw then it was reset and double the NTI had to be hit for a second rise that GW.

Eg say target NTI was 140k transfers and player hits it. He would have to get 280k new transfers to rise a second time that GW and so on

Last few seasons it would just require 140k new transfers to get that second rise.

Tis all guesswork anyway this early on in the season as fpl never release the formula used for price changes

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭bo-sco

If multiple price rises are going to be significantly more difficult to attain in a week then there is much less rationale behind taking points hits to protect value.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

dahat wrote: »
    Sterling on a rise tonight then.... Must resist taking a hit for Mata, must not take a hit.

Yeah I resisted. I'm sure I'll get Sterling in for GW4 but happy to stick with Mata for the next two weeks as he should outscore him. Not bothered if holding off costs a bit of cash. Sterling won't rise again this week and Mata will only go down £0.1m at most this week.

They could have changed the rules from last season.

Good idea keeping up with this thread http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/crack-the-code-2014-15-the-fiso-guide-to-fpl-price-changes-t110979.html

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »
    Yeah I resisted. I'm sure I'll get Sterling in for GW4 but happy to stick with Mata for the next two weeks as he should outscore him. Not bothered if holding off costs a bit of cash. Sterling won't rise again this week and Mata will only go down £0.1m at most this week.

Made the same decision, definitely the right one.
    Mata should score well in at least one of the next two hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

They could have changed the rules from last season.

Good idea keeping up with this thread http://www.fiso.co.uk/forum/crack-the-code-2014-15-the-fiso-guide-to-fpl-price-changes-t110979.html

Exactly where I've just been having a look.:D

All three sites have Siggy at between 212 and 214%. From the early discussion on the FISO forum it seems possible there has been a change in rules.

As Bo-sco says, if so it could be fairly fundamental to how you approach transfers and team value. For example based on this so far Sterling is very unlikely to rise a second time, and if the change is carried through to price drops Mata may not drop twice. Major change for those of us debating that transfer on the Transfers thread.

Personally I would not be in favour of such a rule change as currently if you are switched on you can gain much more value. It will surely heavily favour what we like to call 'casual players'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dahat wrote: »
    Made the same decision, definitely the right one.
    Mata should score well in at least one of the next two hopefully.

Despite pints last night I also resisted, very glad now with this possible change in price rise rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

FHFC wrote: »
    Despite pints last night I also resisted, very glad now with this possible change in price rise rules.

So I think there's a lesson here for us all.. If you are contemplating a transfer but really not sure if you should press the button, log off, go to nearest pub and consume 5 or 6 pints before returning back online to fantasy football :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I fear I may have made the first mistake of the season (that didn't take long!).

I now regret swapping Mata out for Sterling last night. If I'd known that they would only go up and down 0.1 respectively I would have waited it out, but was convinced there would be bigger price changes than that.

Still a chance it might not backfire completely, but I think I will be regretting the decision by Monday evening.

Fair play to those who resisted - your trigger fingers must not be as itchy as mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I fear I may have made the first mistake of the season (that didn't take long!).

I now regret swapping Mata out for Sterling last night. If I'd known that they would only go up and down 0.1 respectively I would have waited it out, but was convinced there would be bigger price changes than that.

Still a chance it might not backfire completely, but I think I will be regretting the decision by Monday evening.

Fair play to those who resisted - your trigger fingers must not be as itchy as mine!

Same, mata out siggy in, would have waited it out if I knew there wasn't gonna be a massive price change.

Anyway not a disaster, I'm not convinced by united and now I've an extra 3 million to upgrade a striker to aguaro and/or sturidge when they become a must.

These changes if correct will have a big impact on the WC in GW 3 as it will take a he'll of alot of moves to gain 0.3 from a player over the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

As much as I hope those that made the transfer early get burned, it does worry me about the season ahead. Building a big team kitty is one of the key skills in the game, giving us an advantage from Jan onwards when we have £5m+ more than casual players. If it's harder to build this kitty it makes the game a lot harder!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

That 0.1 can make a big difference though. If you've no money in the bank and hold Mata, after his drop it'll be impossible to swap him for the likes of Ramsey or Silva if they perform and you don't have them.

I'm happy to take the risk and will bring Mata back in next week for Burnley if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Lemlin wrote: »
    That 0.1 can make a big difference though. If you've no money in the bank and hold Mata, after his drop it'll be impossible to swap him for the likes of Ramsey or Silva if they perform and you don't have them.

I'm happy to take the risk and will bring Mata back in next week for Burnley if needed.

Yeah I'm feeling less bad about it since reading your posts.

There are some positives:
    1. I'll save some money.
    2. I have some Liverpool coverage going forward which I feel I should have in the long term.

Advertisement