Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2014-15 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dahat wrote: »
    Reports of a dodgy hamstring for Costa again...... ben Dinnery via his Twitter account is the source.. And he is reputable.

Sun says it is torn and 4-6 weeks out... Bullocks.... wc, tick tock tick tock.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/chelsea-striker-diego-costa-picks-up-hamstring-injury-sun-sport/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Ughh, have a FT but could really do with that not being true

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lloyd Isgrove is out for this weekend for those that have him as their cheap mid.

https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/504995199085740032

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Already got rid of him. He was one to watch pre-season but never materialised.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Most recent Costa report I can find. It's the Mirror so mostly speculation but the word precautionary is the main point....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-striker-diego-costa-miss-4124060

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭dahat

It's only a matter of time before Aguero gets hurt, he is far too fragile these days.

Going to ride out the Costa injury, pointless WC over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Geoff Cameron red flagged, out for a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

daithijjj wrote: »
    Geoff Cameron red flagged, out for a couple of weeks.

Need to get rid of him. He's just sitting on my bench losing value.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Need to get rid of him. He's just sitting on my bench losing value.

I think his potential to drop in price just elongated though so that gives respite on getting rid, at least before a price drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

FPL state Costa 75% likely to play - just brought Naismith in for Bojan, currently first reserve, so automatic sub will kick in.

• Advertisement

Bardsley doubtful still, owners would be advised to keep an eye on Hughes press conference...
    “Phil has not trained today (Thursday), he was with the physios and we will hope he will train tomorrow,” Stoke boss Mark Hughes said.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

FHFC wrote: »
    Bardsley doubtful still, owners would be advised to keep an eye on Hughes press conference...

And Cameron out too. If he is out is Wilson likely to shift to RB with Huth coming in CB or Wilkinson (cheapie and poor) to slot straight in at RB?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Costa is fit to play Everton according to Chelsea TV and he has been called up the Spanish squad.

Lol at all the kneejerkers who took him out before awaiting confirmation!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

zarquon wrote: »
    Costa is fit to play Everton according to Chelsea TV and he has been called up the Spanish squad.

Lol at all the kneejerkers who took him out before awaiting confirmation!

but will he play

Danger781 wrote: »
    but will he play

He is fit therefore he will play.Not likely that Jose keeps him fresh and rested for Del Bosque!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

He is fit therefore he will play.Not likely that Jose keeps him fresh and rested for Del Bosque!
    I'm on wildcard week so I've made no real commitment either way with him yet (I'm planning to take him out though), but I can't help but think that there is no smoke without fire here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,723 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

is Dzeko fit and down to play?

I've him Rooney and Costa up front

Trilla wrote: »
    is Dzeko fit and down to play?

I've him Rooney and Costa up front

Wait for pellegrini's press conference later.

I'm hoping that Dzeko is fit and starts in place of Jovetic :) I certainly think that Dzeko's physical presence would be more suited to Stoke defensive play than Jovetic.

Would be a fantastic week if Costa scores and Jovetic gets a 1 point appearance from the bench. Punishment for a huge amount of knee-jerkers. Last week Mata started the punishment.

I think we need a knee-jerk regret thread. Last week was Mata. Who will be the champion this week? A brace for Dzeko perhaps. Aguero to get injured within 60 seconds? Jovetic to not play?

I'm hoping that Dzeko is fit and starts in place of Jovetic :) I certainly think that Dzeko's physical presence would be more suited to Stoke defensive play than Jovetic.

Would be a fantastic week if Costa scores and Jovetic gets a 1 point appearance from the bench. Punishment for a huge amount of knee-jerkers. Last week Mata started the punishment.

I think we need a knee-jerk regret thread. Last week was Mata. Who will be the champion this week? A brace for Dzeko perhaps. Aguero to get injured within 60 seconds? Jovetic to not play?

Bet you like pulling the legs off insects too!! :)

Del Bosque was also asked about the inclusion of Diego Costa, following rumours that the Chelsea striker had picked up a serious knee injury in training.“Diego Costa? The doctors are telling us it is nothing, we are not worried about the injury.”

• Advertisement

I propose a forum wide ban of the word "knee jerk". It's becoming as annoying as "bandwagon".

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

https://twitter.com/MCFC/status/505318137093697536

PELLEGRINI ON TEAM NEWS: "Just Alvaro Negredo has a problem – the rest of the squad are fit. Sergio Aguero is absolutely fine."

CSF wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MCFC/status/505318137093697536

PELLEGRINI ON TEAM NEWS: "Just Alvaro Negredo has a problem – the rest of the squad are fit. Sergio Aguero is absolutely fine."

Woohoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Yesss ... Aguero was absolutely fine every time last year before he broke down on 23 mins.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I propose a forum wide ban of the word "knee jerk". It's becoming as annoying as "bandwagon".

Probably only annoys those that knee jerked though

FHFC wrote: »
    Bet you like pulling the legs off insects too!! :)

If i'm competing with the insects in competitions then sure, why not! :)
    roryc wrote: »
    Probably only annoys those that knee jerked though

Careful now, a few around here hit the WC this week due to false totalfpl data and false tabloid injury news ;)

father-ted-careful-now.jpg

Careful now, a few around here hit the WC this week due to false totalfpl data and false tabloid injury news ;)

I thought about it myself but there are too many variables at the minute. I may still do it next week although this is less likely now with Costa back. I wouldn't wildcard to get rid of a few players, just take a points hit.

I thought about it myself but there are too many variables at the minute. I may still do it next week although this is less likely now with Costa back. I wouldn't wildcard to get rid of a few players, just take a points hit.

I'm carrying a FT to next week so expect to hold on to my WC as 2 FT will do me okay. A -8 would practically give me the equivalent of a WC anyway with 2 FT and a decent current team so no need to knee-jerk, ahem..... i mean no need to react without due consideration ;)

Normally using your WC late in a gameweek would be pretty retarded but if the price changing system remains hard to figure out then the wildcards value as a means to boost the coffers becomes lessened. I reckon I'll use it over the next few weeks either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Normally using your WC late in a gameweek would be pretty retarded but if the price changing system remains hard to figure out then the wildcards value as a means to boost the coffers becomes lessened. I reckon I'll use it over the next few weeks either way.

I think if I can keep my team in decent shape for the next few weeks, then around GW 5/6 would be the best time, or at least it seems like that to me.

By that stage, City's fixtures will have easy, Aguero will be fitter (or just injured again!) and we should have a good idea if Pelligrini wants to use Dzeko or Jovetic more.

Also, transfer window will be closed and other players like Di Maria will be settled in we will have had a chance to look at them.

Finally, we might have a good idea of how the price rises are actually be working, and be better able to exploit some rises.

Advertisement