Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

• 16-07-2014 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I've gone ahead and picked a quick team to get this started:

Krul - 4.5
    Mannone - 4.5

9 mil spent

Debuchy - 5.5
    Baines - 7.0
    Shaw - 6.0
    Dunne - 4.5
    O'Brien - 4.5

27.5 mil spent

Fabregas - 9 mil
    Walcott - 9 mil
    Sanchez - 10.5 mil
    Odemwingie - 6.5
    Shelvey -5.5

40.5 mil spent

Dzeko - 8.5
    Bony - 8.5
    Jelavic - 6.0

23 mil spent. That's a decent stab for a first team IMO. Players are underpriced compared to other seasons IMO.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

Lemlin wrote: »
    I've gone ahead and picked a quick team to get this started:

Krul - 4.5
    Mannone - 4.5

9 mil spent

Debuchy - 5.5
    Baines - 7.0
    Shaw - 6.0
    Dunne - 4.5
    O'Brien - 4.5

27.5 mil spent

Fabregas - 9 mil
    Walcott - 9 mil
    Sanchez - 10.5 mil
    Odemwingie - 6.5
    Shelvey -5.5

40.5 mil spent

Dzeko - 8.5
    Bony - 8.5
    Jelavic - 6.0

23 mil spent. That's a decent stab for a first team IMO. Players are underpriced compared to other seasons IMO.

Decent team, Walcott and Sanchez both from Arsenal in midfield might be a bit much. Sancez is listed out of position i feel anyway should be a forward.

Would have more United representation in my team especially with the LVG factor and their opening fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Walcott won't be back until September/October

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Walcott won't be back until September/October

It's just an initial draft. Will change a thousand times I'm sure but was something I threw together quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

My intial draft

De Gea - Schmeichel

Davies - O'Shea - Debuchy - Tripper - Ward

Sterling - Silva - Sanchez - Odemwingie - Hazard

RVP - Jelavic - Bony

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

First draft
    Krul Manone 4.5m each
    Debuchy 5.5m B.Davies 5m Bruce 4m Ward 5m Trippier 5m
    Sanchez 10.5m Hazard 10m Eriksen 8m Tadic 7.5m Holiett 5m
    Rvp 12.5m Remy 7.5m Murray 5.5m

Bang on 100m.

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    First draft
    Krul Manone 4.5m each
    Debuchy 5.5m B.Davies 5m Bruce 4m Ward 5m Trippier 5m
    Sanchez 10.5m Hazard 10m Eriksen 8m Tadic 7.5m Holiett 5m
    Rvp 12.5m Remy 7.5m Murray 5.5m

Bang on 100m.

Good team but my feeling is that Trippier could be overpriced at 5 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Good team but my feeling is that Trippier could be overpriced at 5 million.

He is certainly not a bargain at that price its an awkward price as for 5 million you really should be playing him most weeks. I was expecting him to be 4.5 and am thinking I may hold off on him till my wildcard in gw4 as burnleys first two home fixtures are chelsea and utd and can see his price drop before gw4 if those results go as you would imagine as people will move to whatever cheap defender scores highly in the early weeks. He was an excellent championship player so hoping he translates this to the PL. Still waiting for burnley to sign another CB as duff who plays alongside shackell needs to be upgraded.

He is certainly not a bargain at that price its an awkward price as for 5 million you really should be playing him most weeks. I was expecting him to be 4.5 and am thinking I may hold off on him till my wildcard in gw4 as burnleys first two home fixtures are chelsea and utd and can see his price drop before gw4 if those results go as you would imagine as people will move to whatever cheap defender scores highly in the early weeks. He was an excellent championship player so hoping he translates this to the PL. Still waiting for burnley to sign another CB as duff who plays alongside shackell needs to be upgraded.

What about Ings? He's six million but his stats prior to last season look fairly poor.

What about Ings? He's six million but his stats prior to last season look fairly poor.

he had struggled with injuries prior to last year and was behind charlie austin in the pecking order. Austin went to qpr a few days before deadline day and Ings became first choice and had a great season. Ill probably have him in my team but vokes is a big loss to Ings as they had a great partnership. My other worry with him is whether burnley play 4 4 2 which they did last year. I could see ings potentially playing wide in a more 4 3 3/ 4 5 1 system this will become clearer in pre season.

First draft
    DDG Given
    Reid Huth Williamson O shea Chester
    Sanchez silva hazard eriksen marney
    Dzeko Rooney Ings
    Happy enough with that apart from no liverpool attacking coverage. 5 decent defensive options that can be rotated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

First draft
    DDG Given
    Reid Huth Williamson O shea Chester
    Sanchez silva hazard eriksen marney
    Dzeko Rooney Ings
    Happy enough with that apart from no liverpool attacking coverage. 5 decent defensive options that can be rotated.

Not interested at all in attacking Liverpool coverage they just aren't very tempting at the prices they have been given. Much better value out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Cahill at 6.5m. Straight in my team.

jimmii wrote: »
    Not interested at all in attacking Liverpool coverage they just aren't very tempting at the prices they have been given. Much better value out there.

Depends on how they cope without suarez. They were scoring a serious amount of goals last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

First draft, really not happy with it but will keep chopping and changing
    Foster Krul
    Cameron Davies Vlaar Upson Reid
    Fabregas Ozil Toure Sanchez Britton
    RVP Agbonlahor Long

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

First run through

Krul Mannone

Terry Koscielny Shaw Duff Chambers

Sanchez Ramsey Odemwingie Henderson Eriksen

Dzeko Naismith Rooney

100m exactly

Would wait to see if Henderson continues to be Brendan's favorite even with their new mids. Sigurdsson at Palace would be an easy swap. If Vermaelen went to ManU and started that would be a steal at 5.0m

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Obviously this will change 1,000,000 times before the start of the season, but for now this is the basis of what I'll be working off, the blanks mean I'm yet to determine who the best cheap players for those positions are as I haven't had the time to research yet:

df35cbc4b96984dc1d7ac233f5adc0d5.png

Some reasoning (probably pointless writing this out as my team will change so much, but anyway):

Goalkeeper: De Gea + a £4.0m. I've got to take advantage of Manchester United's start.

Defenders: I need Chelsea coverage here. If it's determined that a cheaper option emerges (i.e, Luis comes in lower than £6.5m or Azpil starts at RB) I'll get them in to save a bit of money. Liverpool were more solid at the back than I thought they would be last year and I'd expect that to remain similar. After spending £18m on Sakho, he'll surely be played. Debuchy is presuming he signs for Arsenal. That would then be three options from three teams that should feature near the top of the clean sheet charts at the end of the season.

Midfielders: I don't think this takes much explanation. Sanchez should probably be down as a forward, Hazard is Hazard and takes plenty of set pieces, he should also get to take lots of free kicks now that Lampard and Luiz are gone. Spurs should be building around Eriksen and after a season to settle in and an attack minded manager should have plenty of opportunity to score points. King has quite a good record for Leicester over the years and will likely always be a sub.

Attack: Van Persie has great fixtures, has a manager who highly rates him and will also take plenty of set pieces. If it transpires he'll get a bit of a break due to the World Cup I'll look elsewhere, but if not he's in for me. Bony is Bony and may get a move to a bigger club, even if not he should score plenty for Swansea. Wickham as a third striker at £6m looks bargain stuff to me. He should start consistently and if he can carry his end of season form into this year, then £6m is so cheap.

Positives:

- Only one main player who is new to the Premier League which, after suffering badly due to putting a lot of my eggs in the newcomer basket last year, is a positive for me
    - I would expect 8 or 9 of those players to be among the top points scorers in their respective categories if they stay fit
    - Very few worries about starters

Worries:

- No Manchester City coverage (if Dzeko starts he would be a better option than Bony)
    - Needing to hit on some cut price options which is never easy
    - A possibility that a £10.5m midfielder may take some time to hit the ground running

As mentioned, my team will change loads before the week 1 deadline, but it's a solid base IMO. Not anywhere near perfect however. Any thoughts/advice? EDIT - I've just noticed that Odemwingie is down as a midfielder so I will try to work him in someway I think by reducing defensive spend.

Paully D wrote: »
    Obviously this will change 1,000,000 times before the start of the season, but for now this is the basis of what I'll be working off, the blanks mean I'm yet to determine who the best cheap players for those positions are as I haven't had the time to research yet:

df35cbc4b96984dc1d7ac233f5adc0d5.png

Some reasoning (probably pointless writing this out as my team will change so much, but anyway):

Goalkeeper: De Gea + a £4.0m. I've got to take advantage of Manchester United's start.

Defenders: I need Chelsea coverage here. If it's determined that a cheaper option emerges (i.e, Luis comes in lower than £6.5m or Azpil starts at RB) I'll get them in to save a bit of money. Liverpool were more solid at the back than I thought they would be last year and I'd expect that to remain similar. After spending £18m on Sakho, he'll surely be played. Debuchy is presuming he signs for Arsenal. That would then be three options from three teams that should feature near the top of the clean sheet charts at the end of the season.

Midfielders: I don't think this takes much explanation. Sanchez should probably be down as a forward, Hazard is Hazard and takes plenty of set pieces, he should also get to take lots of free kicks now that Lampard and Luiz are gone. Spurs should be building around Eriksen and after a season to settle in and an attack minded manager should have plenty of opportunity to score points. King has quite a good record for Leicester over the years and will likely always be a sub.

Attack: Van Persie has great fixtures, has a manager who highly rates him and will also take plenty of set pieces. If it transpires he'll get a bit of a break due to the World Cup I'll look elsewhere, but if not he's in for me. Bony is Bony and may get a move to a bigger club, even if not he should score plenty for Swansea. Wickham as a third striker at £6m looks bargain stuff to me. He should start consistently and if he can carry his end of season form into this year, then £6m is so cheap.

Positives:

- Only one main player who is new to the Premier League which, after suffering badly due to putting a lot of my eggs in the newcomer basket last year, is a positive for me
    - I would expect 8 or 9 of those players to be among the top points scorers in their respective categories if they stay fit
    - Very few worries about starters

Worries:

- No Manchester City coverage (if Dzeko starts he would be a better option than Bony)
    - Needing to hit on some cut price options which is never easy
    - A possibility that a £10.5m midfielder may take some time to hit the ground running

As mentioned, my team will change loads before the week 1 deadline, but it's a solid base IMO. Not anywhere near perfect however. Any thoughts/advice?

Could Fabregas not be a better option than Hazard at the million cheaper?

My own first draft from the site:

Mannone (Krul)
    Debuchy, Phil Jones, Glen Johnson (Dummett, Ward from Palace)
    Siggy, Fabregas, Sanchez, Odemwingie, Silva
    van Persie, Jelavic (Austin).

That team all have pretty decent fixtures in GW1. Debuchy and Siggy are dependent on moves.

Charlie Austin is weirdly showing up in a Norwich jersey. I've had a look at both him and Ings and I'm surprised Ings is getting so much interest and Austin isn't.

Paully D- liverpool were far from solid at the back last year 10 gks kept more clean sheets than mignolet including mannone and ruddy. They kept 10 cs all season with 3 of them coming in the first 3 games. The only positive Id take out of those stats is that in the first 3 games they had no suarez and wouldnt have played 2 upfront so they could be better defensively this year if they go with just sturridge up top.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Charlie Austin is weirdly showing up in a Norwich jersey. I've had a look at both him and Ings and I'm surprised Ings is getting so much interest and Austin isn't.

Heh, you can't keep a good man down :D

I'm taking that as a sign for the coming season, and thus a hero was born!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

I think Sanchez is a pass at that price. Depending on how much Costa is I might swap him for Bony and bring in Puncheon/Adam in midfield. Haven't decided on the midfielders yet either, Mata and Silva could be changed for other players.

Krul
    £4.5
    Schmeichel
    £4.5

Morgan
    £4.5
    Lovren
    £5.5
    Debuchy
    £5.5
    Baines
    £7.0
    Koscielny
    £6.0

Fábregas
    £9.0
    Hazard
    £10.0
    Silva
    £9.0
    Arfield
    £5.0
    Mata
    £9.0

Bony
    £8.5
    Ings
    £6.0
    Austin
    £6.0

There isn't much in it but Ings shades it for me as you can have team names like Ings can only get better and Ings that make you go mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

First look at it but its going to change and change and change.....
    ghowt5Q.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

The first draft on many.

a12d17f9953d36b9a4f9a5131db9c013.png

How much is Mata? Hadn't even thought of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

How much is Mata? Hadn't even thought of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Mine so far. Will chop and change. Hard to predict how Cesc will do with Oscar there too but he's too good.

GK - De Gea 5.5
    DF - Terry 6.5
    DF - Shaw 6.0
    DF - Upson 4.0
    MD - Sanchez 10.5
    MD - Fabregas 9.0
    MD - Silva 9.0
    MD - Erikson 8.0
    MD - Ince 5.5
    FD - Rooney 10.5
    FD - Dzeko 8.5

Subs:
    Myhill 4.0
    Mariappa 4.5
    Duff 4.0
    Zamora 4.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

opinions of this

krul
    mannone

terry
    Cameron
    vlaar
    morgan
    rosenior

mata
    sanchez
    fabregas
    erikson
    wanyama

rvp
    dzeko
    sharp

im open to sugestions for my cheap players

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I haven't had a chance to draft a team as yet, but I'm a bit surprised by so many going for the Krul/Mannone combo. Opening fixtures aren't exactly great. The 'home' keeper would have Man City, Man Utd and Spurs in the first 4 weeks.

Given the number who WC early, it really isn't a great combo to have.

I think de Gea is a good option as Van Gaal will have Man Utd set up well defensively and its hard to know which defenders will play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

My intial team

De Gea
    Myhill

Baines
    Terry
    Ward
    Upson
    Yun

Silva
    Mata
    Lallana
    Johnson
    Tiote

Van Persie
    Bony
    Chamakh

The first glaring problem with it in my opinion is the lack of any Arsenal player. What do people think?

Advertisement