Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Songwriting Workshops.

Options
  • 14-06-2014 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi there,
    anyone know of songwriting workshops taking place in ireland, over the next few months?
    I know the IMRO occasionally do them, but anyone else?

seph

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sephsleft06

any one?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Try waltons (the school). Think i've seen those advertised from time to time.

Edit: yeah they have a 10 week workshop. Think it starts in sept though? Check newschool.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gheadphone

You should subscribe to the IMRO mailing list, they have events with great professional (ie earning a full time living from) songwriters. You will also meet other Irish songwriters. They do run some residential workshops but they are only every couple of years (ive been on a few, they are phenomenal though not in the way i expected when i first attended)

Gheadphone wrote: »
    You should subscribe to the IMRO mailing list, they have events with great professional (ie earning a full time living from) songwriters. You will also meet other Irish songwriters. They do run some residential workshops but they are only every couple of years (ive been on a few, they are phenomenal though not in the way i expected when i first attended)

Hi,
    Sorry I didn't understand your last sentence ''they are phenomenal'' - as in they're fantastic?
    Is it hands on? i.e doing stuff as opposed to listening....

yeah I'm on the mail list for Imro. they had Beth Nielson Chapman a few months ago. i wasn't there though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dogmax

Hi Seph

Have you anything written, do you play any instruments.

There's a website call (Meetup) that advertise places mostly in Dublin that you might be interested in just type in songwriters in their search box.

Don't know if it helps but worth a look.

• Advertisement

Yes I write everyday....Melodies/lyrics...pop stuff...

Thanks for the tip

Advertisement