Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

lil5 wrote: »
    Hi Paul.
    Looking for internet/mms settings for Acer S120 (liquid metal mt), but couldn't find the model on the Tescomobile support pages.

Could you possibly add them or let me know the settings.

Many thanks

Hi Lil

Is this an Android device?

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

Hi Paul
    Yes, android 2.3.5

lil5 wrote: »
    Hi Paul
    Yes, android 2.3.5

Hi Lil5

Settings for Android are as below

1. Go to Settings-> Wireless&Networks->Mobile Networks and turn on Data Roaming

2. Go to Settings-> Wireless&Networks->Mobile Networks->Access Point Names and delete all existing APN’s.

3. Create a new Internet APN with settings

Name: TMI Internet APN
    APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    APN Type: default, supl

(sometimes for APN Type setting you are only allowed choose from a list. If so choose Internet or default)

4. Create a new MMS APN with settings

Name: TMI MMS APN
    APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
    MMS Port: 8080
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    APN Type: mms

5. Reboot your phone

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 4 oneilld73

Hi Paul,

I've recently moved to tesco mobile prepay, after topping up and receiving my free credit,the cost of calls is deducted from my top up, not the free credit?, what gives ???.
    The tesco website says 'The Top Up that you paid for is only used once your bonus credit has run out or expires'????

oneilld73 wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

I've recently moved to tesco mobile prepay, after topping up and receiving my free credit,the cost of calls is deducted from my top up, not the free credit?, what gives ???.
    The tesco website says 'The Top Up that you paid for is only used once your bonus credit has run out or expires'????

International, premium or roaming calls and texts only come from paid for credit. Bonus credit is used first where it can be used on Irish calls, texts, picture messages or data outside bundle.

Regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 oneilld73

International, premium or roaming calls and texts only come from paid for credit. Bonus credit is used first where it can be used on Irish calls, texts, picture messages or data outside bundle.

Regards
    Paul

Thanks Paul, the call was an Irish call, not sure if the roaming symbol was active.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭finnigan

hi paul, just wanted to say thanks to tesco mobile.
    wife signed up for the promotion to introduce 4 friends to your network and receive a galaxy mini.
    But 1 of her friends did not top up required amount with-in the required time.
    A rep called her last wed And informed her they were giving her the phone anyway.
    A very happy wife and even happier me because she wanted a smart phone for christmas :D keep up the good work, she,s with tesco mobile many months now and is always singing your praises.
    Happy new year.
    Finn

oneilld73 wrote: »
    Thanks Paul, the call was an Irish call, not sure if the roaming symbol was active.

If it was an Irish call in Ireland then it should have come from bonus credit.

Regards
    Paul

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Paul, my wife has been around in circles for weeks with ye trying to get a card added to her account, I'm sick of hearing about it at this stage. Do ye support Ulster Bank Visa debit cards or don't ye?

Hi Dahamsta

There is a small change to be made next week that will resolve this issue with Visa Debit cards

Regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I hope so Paul, cos it's not the first time I've heard that. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

Hi Lil5

Settings for Android are as below ...

Hi Paul
    Sorry for not replying sooner. Working fine now. Thanks again for your help.

Big thumbs up to Tescomobile &
    Happy New Year 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Hi Dahamsta

There is a small change to be made next week that will resolve this issue with Visa Debit cards

Regards
    Paul

Since I joined tesco a few months ago I've been using my Ulster Bank debit card with no probs at all.

Must be a recent glitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

am I right in saying that if I went sim only with tesco that I wouldn't be eligible to get the monthly bonus of 10/20/30 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭JTMan

Hygro wrote: »
    am I right in saying that if I went sim only with tesco that I wouldn't be eligible to get the monthly bonus of 10/20/30 euro?

No.

All prepay customers, regardless if they purchased a phone or went sim only, are entitled to the bonus credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hatamoto

@ Tesco Mobile Paul,

Hi Paul,

Maybe you can help me, I am on Tesco prepay and have a Samsung Ch@t. I have recently bought a HP Pre3, which I am having trouble setting up, I rang customer service and they applied iphone settings, but this doesn't seem to have worked.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Hatamoto wrote: »
    @ Tesco Mobile Paul,

Hi Paul,

Maybe you can help me, I am on Tesco prepay and have a Samsung Ch@t. I have recently bought a HP Pre3, which I am having trouble setting up, I rang customer service and they applied iphone settings, but this doesn't seem to have worked.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Hi Hatamoto,

Settings instructions for WebOS on Palm/HP Pre devices is as follows.

1. Open the Phone App.
    2. Open the Phone preferences option from the top Left Hand Side menu.
    3. Scroll the scene up to the NETWORK section.
    4. Switch the Manual Settings from OFF to ON.
    5. Select the Edit Network Settings.
    6. With the INTERNET APN button press done enter the following fields...
    In INTERNET APN enter tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    USERNAME enter asd
    in PASSWORD enter asd
    7. Press the Change Settings button and the phone will set the APN settings.
    8. For the MMS settings, as step 6 above, with the MMS APN Button pressed
    MMS APN tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    USERNAME asd
    PASSWORD asd
    MMS PROPERTIES MMSC http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMS PROXY - 10.1.11.19:8080
    MAX SIZE 300
    9. Press the Change Settings button and the phone will set the MMS settings.

Let me know if this works.

regards
    Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting back to me at the weekend. I have filled in those details and it hasn't worked although it must be pretty close. The only error message I got was 'invalid MMS APN settings'

Thank you

Paul,

Seems to be working today - don't know why, didn't change anything.

Thanks for the help.

Hatamoto wrote: »
    Paul,

Seems to be working today - don't know why, didn't change anything.

Thanks for the help.

Good to hear Hatamoto

thanks
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

I have a few questions I'd like to ask re migrating to Tesco from O2
    (mods please feel to move this post if it's not appropriate to this thread)

I'm currently on a 30 day rolling contract with O2 and looking at moving to a similar 30 day plan with Tesco. If I move to Tesco, do I have to give O2 notice, and are there any penalties (like loss of advance rental)?

Also, how long does the migration typically take? I've heard all sorts of rumours about it taking several days when it should only be no more than a few hours.

Does Tesco provide free webtext like O2?

Are Tesco's bills fully itemised or just a summary?

And what is their 3G data performances like?

Sorry for the long list of questions....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Hi

does a tesco sim work in an unlocked mifi device?
    I've just tried and I get the roaming symbol on it and o2IRL symbol, it tells me my device is connected to the mifi device but I cannot access the internet (ssid and password correct)
    I bought a 6.99 data bundle.
    I've noticed that some people on the o2 forum are complaining of crap internet experiences lately, would that be the cause of my woes?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭JTMan

shamwari wrote: »
    Also, how long does the migration typically take? I've heard all sorts of rumours about it taking several days when it should only be no more than a few hours.

The vast majority of time it is a few hours during porting hours.

yes

Won't be much different to your experience on O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭RnR

Hiya,

Whats the data roaming situation with TM?
    When will this be available?

Thanks.

I have a few questions I'd like to ask re migrating to Tesco from O2
    (mods please feel to move this post if it's not appropriate to this thread)

I'm currently on a 30 day rolling contract with O2 and looking at moving to a similar 30 day plan with Tesco. If I move to Tesco, do I have to give O2 notice, and are there any penalties (like loss of advance rental)?

Are Tesco's bills fully itemised or just a summary?

Sorry for the long list of questions....:o

On the other questions

You need to check your T+C's with O2 as to how you exit your arrangement with them but usually on a rolling contract you just port out and you are only billed for what you use (rental and usage).

Yes, fully itemised and paperless PDF through My Tesco Mobile.

regards
    Paul

gambiaman wrote: »
    Hi

does a tesco sim work in an unlocked mifi device?
    I've just tried and I get the roaming symbol on it and o2IRL symbol, it tells me my device is connected to the mifi device but I cannot access the internet (ssid and password correct)
    I bought a 6.99 data bundle.
    I've noticed that some people on the o2 forum are complaining of crap internet experiences lately, would that be the cause of my woes?

Thanks

Yes it will work in an unlocked MIFI device. You need to turn on roaming (which it sounds like it is) and our apn is tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com.

You need to set the APN in the MIFI device settings software

regards
    Paul

RnR wrote: »
    Hiya,

Whats the data roaming situation with TM?
    When will this be available?

Thanks.

Plan is to be in place by April/May...

regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Yes it will work in an unlocked MIFI device. You need to turn on roaming (which it sounds like it is) and our apn is tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com.

You need to set the APN in the MIFI device settings software

regards
    Paul

Thanks Paul, had just unlocked the mifi device and was finding my way around it.

Up and running now.

The data bundle fee is taken from paid credit first, then bonus credit is that right?
    (Not that I'd be using over 1gb a month, but I'd like to know)

Thanks Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Hi there

It should work. Only think I noticed on Windows 7 phones is that there seems to be nowhere to set MMS settings but this shouldnt matter in this case.

We dont have any proxy settings so as long as our apn (tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com) is set in the right place it should work.

regards
    Paul

Hi Paul,

Re: Can't download from Marketplace on Windows 7 HTC Radar phone.

No luck with wiping the phone. Still the same problem about not being able to download from the Marketplace.

I tried it with a 3 sim though and it works perfectly :confused:

• Advertisement

gambiaman wrote: »
    Thanks Paul, had just unlocked the mifi device and was finding my way around it.

Up and running now.

The data bundle fee is taken from paid credit first, then bonus credit is that right?
    (Not that I'd be using over 1gb a month, but I'd like to know)

Thanks Paul

Yes you pay for the bundle from main credit and then data comes from the bundle. Once the bundle expires bonus credit is used first for outside bundle use and then main credit.

regards
    Paul

Advertisement