Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie server picture thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Just found this, and I can confirm when Renegaider was here, he was very, very, very lost!!

315111.png

The start of my new base

315114.png

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Renegaid

It was a miracle I survived the return trip.. Dark times.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I have now made a safe pathway in the nether from there all the way to spawn, via Welchy's portal room. So we can now easily access the whole Western hemisphere :)

I'll probably be on again soon enough. Currently hooked on Unturned!

Today I'm making a tower!!

• Advertisement

Awesome! I've to finish my village portcullis and surrounding wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Guys is this a different server from last year?
    Summer holidays again and Im bored. I was whitelisted back then. Is there a new whitelist?

_hurtlocker

• Registered Users Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Same server and whitelist, but the map was reset almost three months ago. The new map is huge, everyone can find their own island to wreck if they want.

Me, I was wondering what would happen if I grew trees on top of trees, as high as possible, then jumped off the top. The result is the Tree of Death:

315332.png315333.png

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

My new builds way out in the wilderness :)

316527.png

316528.png

316529.png

316531.png

I am now the proud owner of 3 chiselled stone bricks :D

317078.png

• Advertisement

Ice spikes have been found :D

317353.png

New pathway and some lights with a daylight sensor :)

319320.png

Cherry trees...kinda :confused:

319321.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Giant oozing flesh-trees of evil... not creepy at all :p

BlandKitten's project a couple of days ago

319854.png

Aztec temple for the dragon egg

320008.png

320009.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I always look at these awesome designs, and think....

simpsons-barbeque-pit-kit.gif

Basic strategy - make the frame of whatever you want -> rough the lines around the edge up somehow -> fill in the walls with 3 or 4 different blocks that match in some kind of pattern (or not) -> Drape the outside in slabs, stairs or fenceposts :)

Tempted to return soon... Thought FTB is also a draw for me....

FTB is teh win

If anyone has any advice for optimising server performance I'd be tempted to roll a Monster 1.1.2 map if there was sufficient interest...

Wouldn't know any specifics about that I'm afraid :[ On the current FTB server, is there a list of mods in the Monster pack that are enabled/disabled? Seems I can't log in with a few that are turned on.

• Advertisement

Don't think there are any disabled, however the server is pretty old and hasn't been updated, so its still running Monster 1.1.0 IIRC :o

Oh daaayum. That is old. I actually wonder if my old build is still on it! I assume it hasn't been reset in a good while?

I must have wrong Monster version so, since its flagging errors for certain blocks. 1.1.0 it is so!

Server details for Vanilla minecraft still the same? Anyone able to post em or message me?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Survival 37.59.15.101:25565

Thank you kindly good sir. I got in eventually.

I'm kinda.... not keen on my area anymore :o Maybe I've just been away too long.

Mon Château. I didn't realise it was so high, up until i was doing the roof with clouds rolling past my head ... :cool:

321313.png
    (click for full size)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

Looking good laaaad! Least you have clouds, I've that turned off haha!

Renegaid wrote: »
    Looking good laaaad! Least you have clouds, I've that turned off haha!
    Actually, I cheated: I normally have fancy graphics turned off, and tiny render distance, but I turn graphics up when taking pictures. I leave clouds on but have the simple 2D graphics. The frame rate when I took that picture was about 3fps. :o

If you want to visit, take the Nether path to my place, but don't take the main portal back to the surface. Instead, take the side tunnel marked "Extreme Mountain Portal", where you'll find another portal that brings you out inside the Château Maillart.

I always wondered where that led to! No worries, may pop up today so! Same to you, if you wanna visit mine, just follow nether tram to Renegaider's place. Entrance is in nether hub.

• Advertisement

I for one welcome our new Microsoft overlords.

322301.png

Advertisement