Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Minecraft Meet Up - May 31st!

• 12-05-2014 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Yes yes yes, it's that time again! And so soon too I hear you gasp. Well the good folks at Boards.ie are just too much feckin' fun! Juju will be there also signing head shots for the low low price of €9.99 - Bargain!

Where - Grand Social
    When - May 31st
    Time - ehhhhhh 8.30/9.00 ish? (Open to suggestions)
    To be expected? Drink, the craic (not to be mistaken for 'the crack') whale singing & gypsy curses for all!

OVER 18S ONLY - Under 18's will be asked to scoot, scat & scram in that order.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Let's hope you turn up this time :p

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

Yes I owe you a pint ;-)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

She was waiting for a Sol-free Beers :pac:

Shall be in Thailand at the time with the lads so I'll be sitting this one out I'm afraid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Have a 21st to go to that night/don't have the money to go to Dublin.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Again! Jesus you guys meet up more on Minecraft nights than I get to go out!

Am I excluded acause I haven't started a build on the new server?

P.s. only wanna go to see what Minecraft burds look like

• Advertisement

Solitaire wrote: »
    Shall be in Thailand at the time with the ladyboys so I'll be sitting this one out I'm afraid :(
    FYP :p
    P.s. only wanna go to see what Minecraft burds look like
    Tell you what, if that's your attitude, don't bother. And people wonder why more women don't play games... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

QgJUL.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Shiminay wrote: »
    FYP :p
    Tell you what, if that's your attitude, don't bother. And people wonder why more women don't play games... :rolleyes:
    Ah now! No need to get upset, it was meant in a lighthearted context! Hence the "burds" terminology

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

Well_that_escalated_quickly.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I might be able to work a way of going if anybody's meeting a bit earlier in the evening?

• Advertisement

I might be able to work a way of going if anybody's meeting a bit earlier in the evening?

Sure, what time you thinking?

It's fast approaching Beer O'Clock, are we all set?

Who's going!? Darkened Spectacles? Will you be attending?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Rachel_Ann wrote: »
    Who's going!? Darkened Spectacles? Will you be attending?

Last train back home to Belfast is at 20:50, if anybody fancies a drink or two before I need to go for my train I'll definitely come along! :)

In other words, if anyone wants to meet up between 18:00 and 20:30, I'm in!

7pm at The Grand Social it is so!

I'll try make it for 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

I am only now seeing this :(

I would love to go but dont know if I can make it tomorrow.
    Do I have to have been on the Boards server to come to this or just a MC player?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It's a big place, the Grand Social, so who's wearing the Creeper mask so we can find you all? :o

minecraft-heads.jpg

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

I'll have a stupidly large blue backpack, should be recognizable. I need the extra inventory space..

Our usual spot is directly opposite the door, but I think there's some sort of market stall thing that goes on in the Grand Social on Saturdays so it may not be free for the early arrivals.

• Advertisement

The Grand Social on Liffey Street just to be clear and not The Grand Central on Abbey Street.... As I have misread before :S

Just on my train back north now, great to meet everybody! See yall at the next meet up!

*Thanked from Pompus' i-Phone*

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Go home pomp, you're drunk :p

Yes sir :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Renegaid

Imma chalked myself down for the next meetup ladies and gentlemen. A Dublin trip for myself is due at some point!

Advertisement