Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf Spot - Cascais, Portugal

• 05-05-2015 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Howdie,

I was looking for advice on the best surf spot near Cascais.

Rightly or wrongly I was looking at Ericeira but people might direct me if I'm right or wrong?

I'll also need to rent a board and probably a car and if people have any tips on this they might let me know.

Slán,
    David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I was near Cascais last summer and in Ericeira the summer before. Both are beautiful spots. Guincho is the beach north of Cascais, really beautiful beach with very little development. We stayed about 20 mins walk away through the national park. You can rent gear from 2 or three places at either end of the beach. There is a hotel at the south end. My friend stayed there, my girlfriend wouldn't have liked it.

The year before we stayed just south of Ericeira and surfed at Foz de Lizandro. a small bit more developed but only a bit. It's got a strong rip from a river at the south end. Again there are several schools to rent from. Lots more local surfers here. Ericeira is an actual town, guincho is not, Cascais is bigger than both. Let me know if you have any more questions. They're both windy spots. I will go back, just not this year.

Advertisement