Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Surfing in Dublin

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

MM is very dangerous on a N Wind / Swell bad rip pulls you out ot sea, the RNLI had to go out for some beginners before. You could try Jacks Hole or Brittas Bay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

MM is very dangerous on a N Wind / Swell bad rip pulls you out ot sea, the RNLI had to go out for some beginners before. You could try Jacks Hole or Brittas Bay

Cheers, think I remember that about 2.5 years ago, strong rip by the cliffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jc4517

Was up Killiney Hill this afternoon and looks like some waves building.. Magic Seaweed says we could get out but then again must take magic seaweed with a pinch of salt. Anyone gonna head up tomorrow morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Best of luck with that, not only will the tide be wrong but conditions will be mental

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jc4517

Beggars can't be choosers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭declanobrennan

I'm hoping to try out my new long board on the ferry wave tomorrow. I read earlier (on this thread I think?!) that 7.30 and 4.30 are the times to try it but with low tide being 6.30am and 7pm tomorrow is there any point in going out at either time? Or does it just mean I got more walking to do?!

Any issues with rips etc at Dollymount?

Anyone else going out tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

well , how did the ferry wave go for you ? and how is the new board ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

A lot of swell forecasted for Dublin Area this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Plenty of people out today in Killiney, strangly many were on short boards so they weren't catching any / many waves. Surely they should have been on long boards/ Mini mals/ fish boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I'm hoping to try out my new long board on the ferry wave tomorrow. I read earlier (on this thread I think?!) that 7.30 and 4.30 are the times to try it but with low tide being 6.30am and 7pm tomorrow is there any point in going out at either time? Or does it just mean I got more walking to do?!

Any issues with rips etc at Dollymount?

Anyone else going out tomorrow?

How did you get on? Low tide is good, there's more walking but the your closer to whee the channel is dredged so it throws up a good wave with the depth difference aswell as the wake

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    Plenty of people out today in Killiney, strangly many were on short boards so they weren't catching any / many waves. Surely they should have been on long boards/ Mini mals/ fish boards.

Really just depends on conditions like size of swell and tide

• Registered Users Posts: 29 grifto rifto2

I was one of the lads out in Killiney on the 3rd, the reason I didn't catch many waves was not my board choice, it's cause I'm ****e at surfing. Should be a few waves though on Monday and maybe some other day this week.

Surf gods delivered in mmore today, that said the new track to the beach is in a bad bad way and can only suggest that folk use the older paths

was it worth it rodento ? looks like a short wave.

Fionn101 wrote: »
    was it worth it rodento ? looks like a short wave.

Twas one of the best sessions I've had in a east coast ---- solid waves with some decent sets

Surfer in the corner should give you some perspective

RE: Ferry Wave

hey guys thanks for all the helpful replies above. For some reason I didn't get any notification of them so I'm only seeing them now as I never checked back. I need to fix my notifications on this forum.

Anyway I never made it out that time though I did take the 9ft board out to MM to catch some nice swell. That was November. I've being a lazy ass since but I'm back on the saddle again. Gonna head out to Dollymount this afternoon and try to live the dream for a few sweet minutes!!! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

There must be a nice swell hitting the beaches around Killiney this winter.
    Wexford beaches too

There must be a nice swell hitting the beaches around Killiney this winter.
    Wexford beaches too

Na completely flat all season

RE: Ferry Wave

hey guys thanks for all the helpful replies above. For some reason I didn't get any notification of them so I'm only seeing them now as I never checked back. I need to fix my notifications on this forum.

Anyway I never made it out that time though I did take the 9ft board out to MM to catch some nice swell. That was November. I've being a lazy ass since but I'm back on the saddle again. Gonna head out to Dollymount this afternoon and try to live the dream for a few sweet minutes!!! :)

just an update on last Sunday. I caught the swell coming in from the ferry alright but it was pretty messy from the high winds. Looking forward to heading out again in better conditions! Thanks again for all the useful advice.

Lovely surf today but feck me the water was well and truly rank:mad:

• Advertisement

Rodento , where were you surfing ?

I see a number of beaches closed this season due water impurities

Killiney - was something about a no swim notice on the epa website splash.ie

. total is now 7 closed beaches. all in the area of the Ferry wave.

has anyone caught this wave yet ?

A big thank you to the guys who sorted me with a lease today

Twas my first surf back after getting tendonitis of the elbow and an absolutely huge relief to be able the surf :D

Though I did struggle to pop up near the end of my session:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

In Dublin @rodento?

Sorry didn't want to point to fine a point on it 😜

Anyone have photo's of yesterday's surf

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

rodento wrote: »

I read the article a few days ago when it came out - nice piece, great photos, but I have to admit I found the headline absolutely maddening :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement