Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Vetting

• 24-05-2015 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all. I've been teaching in England for the past 2 years and I'm coming back to Ireland in July. Does anybody know if I need to reapply for my Garda Vetting? If so how do I go about it? I haven't let my teaching council registration lapse while I've been here.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Hi all. I've been teaching in England for the past 2 years and I'm coming back to Ireland in July. Does anybody know if I need to reapply for my Garda Vetting? If so how do I go about it? I haven't let my teaching council registration lapse while I've been here.
    Thanks!

http://education.ie/en/Circulars-and-Forms/Active-Circulars/cl0026_2015.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 8 yetihead

Yes you will need to be vetted again as, in order to be valid, a vetting cert needs to be dated the current or previous calendar year. The teaching council website has the forms that you download. There was a circular out recently (see man no plan's link above) outlining the new vetting arrangements that will be coming into force at some stage but have relevance now for subs/teachers going into new jobs.

Advertisement