Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for Ireland !

• 15-10-2013 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

Has anyone worked out a way that we could get American specific apps on our phones here from playstore ?

I'm using the Galaxy s3 and want to get cbs appso I can watch the tv shows etc

Cheers !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Search for the .apk using Google and sideload it. You will have to enable other sources in settings if prompted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

projectgtr wrote: »
    Search for the .apk using Google and sideload it. You will have to enable other sources in settings if prompted.

that does get the files downloaded and working but cant do anything been in ireland and them been country restricted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

that does get the files downloaded and working but cant do anything been in ireland and them been country restricted

try a VPN like tunnel bear (free app in the play store), the free account should have enough Data to keep you going each month

• Registered Users Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭ongarite

Access to the Play Store is not based on IP address anymore but on billing address.

My Google account is tied to the US store as I have my CC and billing address down as address in California.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

ongarite wrote: »
    Access to the Play Store is not based on IP address anymore but on billing address.

My Google account is tied to the US store as I have my CC and billing address down as address in California.

Is your CC address real?
    Usually the will authenticate an address on a CC to make sure it is tied to that address.

• Advertisement

projectgtr wrote: »
    try a VPN like tunnel bear (free app in the play store), the free account should have enough Data to keep you going each month

this worked well, thank you, shame its only 500mb. gone through 100 already watching a ten minuet show !

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

this worked well, thank you, shame its only 500mb. gone through 100 already watching a ten minuet show !

There are vpn's you can get for android that will overcome country protection like that, but you will generally have to pay something like $5 a month for reliable ones.

5starpool wrote: »
    There are vpn's you can get for android that will overcome country protection like that, but you will generally have to pay something like $5 a month for reliable ones.

the idea was to try and not pay for tv on the phone but sure i'll figure it out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭ongarite

Is your CC address real?
    Usually the will authenticate an address on a CC to make sure it is tied to that address.

Its a real address in San Francisco, my CC is an Irish issue VISA Debit card and it works for all app purchases, buying Nexus devices & All Access subscription.

See this thread on XDA on the issue:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2169261

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

the idea was to try and not pay for tv on the phone but sure i'll figure it out :D

Well VPN is the only way to get around the country protection unless you can find a filmon type app that has the channels you want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement