Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TEFL travel buddy

• 31-08-2015 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Anyone planning on going away to teach English?

Unfortunately my friends are not very adventurous, all settled down etc! Looking for someone to come along as I'm tad bit scared to go solo haha...(25 year old girl )

Also if anyone recommends any TEFL internships (that aren't a rip off ha) where I could meet others that would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Do you have a degree?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lexa15

Do you have a degree?

Yeah I have a business degree

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

That should make life easier for you! No matter where you will always meet plenty of other people, so I wouldn't worry about going on your own. Better if you have a job/internship sorted before you leave.

Where do you plan on going? When?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

I moved to Korea when I was 24 on my own. Met lots of people, getting married to a fellow TEFL teacher I met there!

So don't be afraid to go on your own. You'll have a great experience if you are forced to interact with all sorts of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭treenytru

I moved to Korea when I was 24 on my own. Met lots of people, getting married to a fellow TEFL teacher I met there!

So don't be afraid to go on your own. You'll have a great experience if you are forced to interact with all sorts of people.

Couldn't agree more....I moved to Korea at 23 without knowing a soul there and Id probably describe myself as quite introverted. You'll meet tonnes of people in the same boat and Id say as long as you're willing to put yourself out there a little good things will happen. I'm back home home now after 3 yrs in Asia ( spent a few months travelling on my own and then moved to Vietnam solo!) And I think it was the best thing I could have done for my confidence;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 lexa15

Thanks for the replies :) There's so many places I'd like to go to. I think I will do a CELTA course in the new year and see from there. Thailand would be amazing and Korea. I was looking into the EPIK programme in Korea but I think it's quite difficult to get into it..

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭TwoGallants

Go on your own, travelling with other people keeps you back from experiences and from broadening your mind...

Advertisement