Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

criticising

• 19-07-2013 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭

Why have we all become very quick to criticize others in what they say, do, wear, act etc.,

I notice it a lot on here if a person says one thing that most people know what is meant, there are some who are like how dare you say such a stupid thing. There are things that are said that are inappropriate but then other times not meant in a harmful way but taken that way.

We have become very intolerant and too sensitive in my opinion.

What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

We've always been like this. And the hell with you, calling me intolerant!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Some people are very quick to criticize spelling errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

eamonnq wrote: »
    Some people are very quick to criticize spelling errors.

I hate my work computer. It's stuck on American spelling and keeps putting 'z's everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

caustic 1 wrote: »
    Why have we all become very quick to criticize others in what they say, do, wear, act etc.,

I notice it a lot on here if a person says one thing that most people know what is meant, there are some who are like how dare you say such a stupid thing. There are things that are said that are inappropriate but then other times not meant in a harmful way but taken that way.

What do you think?
    So basically you are criticising us for being to prone to criticisng others?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Criticise.

That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

So basically you are criticising us for being to prone to criticisng others?

Merely an observation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

The ironing is delicious

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

What do you think?

Stop worrying about what other people say, leave the fúckers to circle jerk in their own ignorane.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

just the power hungry and ego-ists throwing their weight about - usually because they are under the thumb outside of "boards"

just laugh it off and carry on. :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

This thread sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Jester252 wrote: »
    This thread sucks

Down with this sorta thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Jester252 wrote: »
    This thread sucks

For cash:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭MOC88

What do you think?

I'm a keyboard warrior

PROBLEM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Speak for yourself OP with your "we" stuff. People have become too critical and people are over sensitive. Which is it? I don't give a fuk about people's appearance unless they have a go at others' appearance. And if I criticise other stuff, I give a reason; I don't criticise for the sake of criticising.
    just the power hungry and ego-ists throwing their weight about - usually because they are under the thumb outside of "boards"

just laugh it off and carry on. :D:D
    But most of your posts are snide criticisms?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

What do you think?
    For a start, there is a huge amount of unwarranted sensitivity associated with what people say or type in a forum. It is a fairly one dimensional sounding board where they only thing we know is what you say, not what you do, wear act etc. We can form opinions based on a fairly limited amount of information and the information you offer can be fairly controlled.
    People and posts can be an emoticon away from a toaster or as moving as a sunset. Sometimes toast is exactly what you want. Sometimes it's burnt.

Then there is a huge amount of silly threads and a lot of bored people, with a whole load of stuff about confusion that I cant be ursed explaining but you could be dealing with a 16 or 60 year old and especially in AH you have a great big level playing field of the good, the bad and the ridiculous with plenty of jam, which can lead to rather sticky threads and some very careful stepping.
    But like life, they run out of steam, lose focus and get distracted by prettier, younger, sexier threads with cooler people and they begin to pick faults in your posts when really they no longer care about what you say and it turns a little bitter and it gets time to move on or even step far away from the.. oh yes onions, I forgot to mention onions.

TL;DR version
    It's got nothing to do with toast, so be dice.

Advertisement