Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Annoying traits of radio presenters.....

Options
  • 20-09-2011 6:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

Here are some of mine.....

Chris Donoghue (Newstalk) - His sharp use of the letter T.

Marian Finnucane (RTÉ Radio 1) - "Whatever you're having yourself".

Marc Coleman (Newstalk) - Coughing and spluttering mid sentence.

Keith Finnegan (Galway Bay FM) - Saying "indeed", "situation" and "in relation to" in every sentence.

Jackie Hurley (RTÉ Radio 1) - Hoarse.

Joe Duffy (RTÉ Radio 1) - Well done, well done, well done....... and lots more.

American Murph (Newstalk, Off the Ball) - Stop shouting FFS.

Have I left anyone out ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,394 ✭✭✭Trampas

Ray Foley and everyone saying Ray I love the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Guess who - Byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jersey Girl

Mark Lawrenson on Today FM when talking football. He poses a question after nearly every sentence. "'That's was some goal, wasn't it?"
    "Not a bad 'keeper', is he?"

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭essdee

Aine Lawlor on Morning Ireland always repeating the last phrase of the guest she has just interviewed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Chris Donoghue could get a job cutting diamonds.

Matt Cooper - posing quite obviously loaded questions designed to elicit an equally obvious response. And of course 'widge' for which and "your nooooos with Juliet Gash"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

Mark Lawrenson on Today FM when talking football. He poses a question after nearly every sentence. "'That's was some goal, wasn't it?"
    "Not a bad 'keeper', is he?"

"Tell ya what Matt,..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

Rachel English whose mouth gets so dry it clacks like a bag of marbles.

Cathal MaCoille whose breathing sounds like he is testing the aerodynamics of his crusty snots in a wind tunnel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Mary Wilson...toltt ...soltt instead of told and sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Bobby Kerr's amateurism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Eamon Dunphys faux rebel persona, his chumminess with his gang of friends and his railing against RTE personalities/wages when you know he picks up a handsome stipend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Ray D'Arcy humming the end of every song as it finishes just before he starts talking again.

Jesus man shut up with your humming :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

George Hook - 'Back up the truck' 'Hald on a while now' and 'I love Sky'

NB. That last one was tongue in cheek..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Tony Fenton - "Great tune"... But he pronounces it "toon".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

Sean O'Rourke pronouncing "The Guardian" as "The Guardgin".

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Ray D'arcy saying "d'ya see what I did there.." looking for a laugh from the rest of the team every time he makes a play on words..so about once a day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

mike65 wrote: »
    Chris Donoghue could get a job cutting diamonds.

Matt Cooper - posing quite obviously loaded questions designed to elicit an equally obvious response. And of course 'widge' for which and "your nooooos with Juliet Gash"

Completely agree with this about Matt Cooper! He seems to have gotten worse putting words in to people's mouths with obviously outlandish statements and waiting for them to react. I thought it was really interesting yesterday evening when he had a guy from Chambers Ireland (or some such business representation) and he was hoping he would get in to a slagfest about local authorities and water charges/leak fixing. He didn't get his way when the guy seemed to be defend the amounts spent and in fact seemed quite pragmatic about what had been done and what needed to be done.

Also the way he says The-A-tre...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

The inability of any one of the "Morning Ireland" team to read a clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

"Ooorrsenall" by a certail Mooichael MacMuulannnn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Marian finucane "Now hold on there"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Sean moncrieff,on newstalk for ever going eh eh eh eh before he says something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Brenda O'Donoghue........whenever she opens her trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

realies wrote: »
    Marian finucane "Now hold on there"

Whats this "Thank you indeed" it classic RTE 1 :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Lapin wrote: »
    Here are some of mine.....

Chris Donoghue (Newstalk) - His sharp use of the letter T.

Marian Finnucane (RTÉ Radio 1) - "Whatever you're having yourself".

Marc Coleman (Newstalk) - Coughing and spluttering mid sentence.

Keith Finnegan (Galway Bay FM) - Saying "indeed", "situation" and "in relation to" in every sentence.

Jackie Hurley (RTÉ Radio 1) - Hoarse.

Joe Duffy (RTÉ Radio 1) - Well done, well done, well done....... and lots more.

American Murph (Newstalk, Off the Ball) - Stop shouting FFS.

Have I left anyone out ?

Mary Wilson saying "uz" instead of "us". She's still much better, focused and factual than Hook and his egocentric "me, me, me" programme with silly supertrolls like Michael Graham.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Anything by Moycul McMullen.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ave Nocturna

mike65 wrote: »
    Eamon Dunphys faux rebel persona, his chumminess with his gang of friends and his railing against RTE personalities/wages when you know he picks up a handsome stipend.

Yes, definitely. That's if he even shows up... He hardly ever seems to be hosting the show these days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Chris Donoghue

1 - inability to pronounce the letter 'T', i had to switch off around the time they were talking alot about priests abuse and 'de vaddican'

2- i'm here with Mr Yeats, its always 'Mr Yeats'

3- i'm joined on the line by John Smith, Hi John its good to speak to you, now John my question is....

plus newstalks presenters ability to plead with you to text in every 30 seconds or so...still warts and all newtalk is streets ahead of RTE

Des Cahill - anything that exits his mouth gets me angry, last week, 'splutter splutter, sneeze, sniff...now in rugby news that Mike Tindall fella who is married to the royal one' seriously Des, a little bit of professionalism...please?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

Ray D'arcy taking a massive gulping intake of breath after every time he laughs, sounds like he's attempting to re-inflate.

George Hook's put-on American accent; "Join us on FACEBUHK DTHAT CAM, or THWIDDER." "When I was in BWASTHAN..." (Boston), so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

europa11 wrote: »
    Brenda O'Donoghue........whenever she opens her trap.
    + 1!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Radiotower

Tony Fentons rhyming slang...

George Hooks interviewing (himself) - usually tells a big story about himself/his childhood etc and then just asks "do you agree?" - doesn't seem to listen to the answer and then takes into his next antedote....

Larry Gogan starts every sentence with a little laugh/chuckle (is he still on radio - I dont listen to 2fm that much)

Will Leahy, is it? on 2fm - always seems to shouting about the weekend coming up..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Christ it must be tough being perfect.

Advertisement