Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin county sheriff repossessing my stuff

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

u dont really have to explain yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

solice wrote:
    u dont really have to explain yourself

I think Mojo merely pointed it out in case an unscrupulous person had come on boards looking for advice on how to avoid getting their goods confiscated by the sheriff for debts they owed.
    I notice the change in circumstances myself but decided to leave it be.

Thankfully stevee has explained the situation so we can all rest happy !

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

taking it by force means he will get a crowbar or a locksmith and open the door and enter the apartment.

just get all your stuff out or get it labelled and dont worry about it. if your flat mate left it this late then he is obviously (in my opinion) a complete tosser and deserves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Jesus Trash Can

Stevee wrote:
    Will one of us need to be present before he enters. Does anyone know how soon after issusing the letter he can enter the apartment. Is it office hours etc etc

He can call any time, if your not there he is entitled to break the door down.
    Get a hi ace van. Move all of your **** out of there. Go down to the vincent de Paul or nearest skip. Get all of the crappiest furniture you can get your hands on and let him take that. When he has you cleaned out, just move. and don't be terrorised by them, it's only stuff.

Advertisement