Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GameStop PC Advanced Controller setup for Skyrim?

Options
  • 01-10-2013 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

So I bought the above-mentioned gamepad in GameStop for 15€ or so [stupid, I know]. I initially only bought it to get a Steam achievement which required a gamepad, but I thought I might as well try to use it seen as I have it.
    It works fine when I'm in Steam's "Big Picture" mode, like I can scroll through everything great- but it doesn't work once I open a game. Skyrim, for example. I can't map the controls in the usual way by opening the in-game menu. Anyone have any idea how I can get this to work?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've never used a controller in Skyrim (why on earth would you :eek:) but maybe you'll have to try using something like Joy2Key and assign specific keys to controller buttons and then set the same keys to whatever config you want in Skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

Shiminay wrote: »
    I've never used a controller in Skyrim (why on earth would you :eek:) but maybe you'll have to try using something like Joy2Key and assign specific keys to controller buttons and then set the same keys to whatever config you want in Skyrim.

Yup, +1 on JoyToKey. Should do the job.

I bought a similar, if not the same, Gamestop controller a few years back and it's worth mentioning that the analogue sticks are not fully 3D sensitive, e.g. They work just like a D-Pad.

This shouldn't be a problem for Skyrim as you are mapping WASD but worth noting if you plan to use it on an N64 emulator or any game that requires pressure sensitivity (e.g. walking to running).

This was the model:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,631 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Skyrim on 360 controller is not bad and most games work with the controller both well and natively.

Advertisement