Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving alone on a learner permit ?

• 13-04-2013 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

So my parents are letting me drive by myself on my learner permit as i have finished all 12 lessons and have been driving for around 9 months or so and am waiting to do my test, Just a question if at a checkpoint the guards see i am a learner driver on my own will they say anything, as i know you can be given a fine of 150 euro, everyone i know says they usually dont say anything and let you away but my question is are they buckling down on it ? as im terrified everytime im driving il go through a checkpoint

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I think they have clamped down on this big time? and as far as I know they can/will seize the car now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 inisor

I highly doubt they sieze it ? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 18,848 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

inisor wrote: »
    I highly doubt they sieze it ? :S

Technically your driving outside the conditions of your licence therefore it's invalid, if you licence isn't valid your insurance can't be valid. The UK cops aren't slow about lifting them, but I think their laws are stronger and actually enforced unlike ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

from time to time at certain checkpoints if your unaccompanied there will be a tow truck sitting there waiting to take the car away, have only ever heard of that happening a few times but i know of a few who also got hit with summons to court and getting bigger fines than the 150 op

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

OP your gonna get answers ya want to hear, not sure what its like now but before I got my full licence last year I was driving around on the provisional for nearly 2 years and was all over the country and never stopped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

If you don't act the maggot and draw attention to yourself you will be fine. Over 3 years on a provisional I was stopped once by the guards for speeding. He was ok about it. At checkpoints they are mostly checking tax, insurance and nct. If your car is in order you will be fine.

Advertisement