Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The best Chinese take away?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Always thought eatzen were great until last year i found a fly in my fried rice. They were not very apologetic when i phoned to complain. Offered me a credit for the rice but not for the rest of the dinner (fillet beef in black pepper sauce). Had to explain i couldnt eat the whole thing as the fried rice was mixed up with the beef. They reluctantly agreed the credit but when i tried to redeem credit the following week it became a big deal again.

Left a bad taste in my mouth after been a loyal customer for about 7 years. Havent used them since and dont think i will again.

Has the same problem 2 years ago, never went back and never will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Was at a friend's at the weekend and we ordered from the Garden House. Was really impressed with the food. Their new menu also includes a "healtlhier eats" section which some people might like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

athtrasna wrote: »
    Wan's!!!! St. Brigid's Shopping Centre up the little lane way opposite the Seat Garage. Best Chinese in Blanch by a mile

Will try that next time.

The Dragon Inn is excellent

The last food we had there was superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭jeffk

We ordered twice from the chinese in corduff , lovely food , the meal deals are great value .

Ordered two meal deal no5 and there was too much , the next time well get one between us .

Also order over €18 and there is three choices of something free .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

jeffk wrote: »
    We ordered twice from the chinese in corduff , lovely food , the meal deals are great value .
    I stopped ordering from there as their food was just getting worse and worse. It's full of salt that a few dishes ive gotten have been barely edible.

Garden House is my choice too. Their chow mein is yum!

athtrasna wrote: »
    Wan's!!!! St. Brigid's Shopping Centre up the little lane way opposite the Seat Garage. Best Chinese in Blanch by a mile

I tried it the other night and wasnt that impressed with it. The one in Mulhuddart is the best quality for me at the moment although that could change in time. Chungs in Mountview is my main choice though :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

anniehoo wrote: »
    I stopped ordering from there as their food was just getting worse and worse. It's full of salt that a few dishes ive gotten have been barely edible.

Garden House is my choice too. Their chow mein is yum!

I've never had that problem in 10 years of eating in the Yu Hong, and although I order closer to home n Clonsilla now - the Yu Hong in Corduff is comparable to the rest I have tried, if not better than allot of them. The dragon Inn would have to be the best I have tried of the rest, with Chungs almost as good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

the garden house is back open now , a long awaited new look:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭mojesius

Its got to be Millenium in castleknock village - portions are huge and I've never had a bad meal. They do great chow mein and kung po.

• Advertisement

A V A wrote: »
    the garden house is back open now , a long awaited new look:)

I wish they'd join Just.ie though. Or have they and i havent noticed yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    The last food we had there was superb.
    I've never had that problem in 10 years of eating in the Yu Hong, and although I order closer to home n Clonsilla now - the Yu Hong in Corduff is comparable to the rest I have tried, if not better than allot of them. The dragon Inn would have to be the best I have tried of the rest, with Chungs almost as good.

Got the Dragon Inn menu leaflet in the door today happy night ahead going to try :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Got 2 beef currys and 2 fried rice & 1 beef in black bean sauce and chips from the Garden House that was very tasty - and they threw in a bag of prawn crackers and these chicken kinda samosa's things that were really nice :)

Also the tubs have got much bigger 1 beef curry and rice would feed 2 people now (well if I wasn't such a hunga it would! :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Been getting Garden House for years (as in upwards of 20!), and got one last night. God it was disgusting. Never again. Prawn SPecial fried rice was just little cut up pieces. Beef was tough.

glossy wrote: »
    Got the Dragon Inn menu leaflet in the door today happy night ahead going to try :)

Got Chicken fried rice there tonight and it was the best ive had for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Got Chicken fried rice there tonight and it was the best ive had for years.

also we all enjoyed it..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I was using Curry Fusion because it had such a good deal on justeast.ie but it is progressively worse the last few times. Also Ming Court used to be great but the last time we had them it was rubbish and I think they were taken over. Hung Wun, a name I can't say without snickering was my last choice and it was lovely. I guess they are my go to for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,905 ✭✭✭dodzy

To summarise: they are all crap., sometimes. Or am I missing something from these posts?

IMO, the quality of the food is inconsistent, with any of them. A simple, boring , chicken ball for example. Sometimes lovely, thin batter. Sometimes a thick coating of mush. If they can't get this simple thing right, 100% of the time, then they can all f*** off.

I like Garden House in Blanch as well as Dragon inn in Mulhuddart.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

cython wrote: »
    In that case it's worth pointing out that Ming Court (already mentioned on the thread) were served with a closure order within the last two months

:eek: That’s my favourite Chinese! I ordered from there only last week. :eek: Does the fact that they are still open mean that they’ve cleaned up and complied with health regulations or are they in breach of the order? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Di Lucia's in Clonee were also served with some kind of order recently. http://www.fsai.ie/new_centre/press_releases/may_enforcements_05062013.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Naked In Public

SWEET N SOUR PORKBALLS FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

will have to be foo lok for me. I tried different Chinese takeaways around and always ended up back to foo lok.

Sadderday wrote: »
    I'm a blanch head myself and have had tasted pretty much all of whats been listed... good and bad... nothing has been amazing though.

Hung Wan is good, had it a while ago but if i'm getting chinese I always have curry sauce and i honestly believe they keep changing it!!

Ho Wun in Dunboyne is the nicest chinese ever though, people I work with drive from navan for it, its the business so I'd probably stick with it!!

When ya get a trio the rice is always dry at the bottom in every place I've visited.

There has to be a little gem somehwere in Blanch?

Went there today and it was the worst ive ever had. I binned the chicken fried rice without even touching it as the first thing i saw apart from dodgy looking chicken was hair.
    I went there after reading this post and wasnt too sure which of the 2 chinese it was and settled for Ho Wun, big mistake. I was a bit suspicious when the order came out within 5 minutes of ordering and it was nearly €40 worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I'm all for Eatzen in Clonee, we have a takeaway from there almost every week and it's only ever not been good maybe twice in the last couple of years out of maybe 100 meals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Puzzle35

dodzy wrote: »
    To summarise: they are all crap., sometimes. Or am I missing something from these posts?

IMO, the quality of the food is inconsistent, with any of them. A simple, boring , chicken ball for example. Sometimes lovely, thin batter. Sometimes a thick coating of mush. If they can't get this simple thing right, 100% of the time, then they can all f*** off.

I agree. I have taken to ordering a portion of spring rolls in any Chinese before I place a large order with them. If they can't get them right (and most of them can't) I don't go any further with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭robbie000

Anyone tried Flames restaurant in Clonee recently, use to get food there all the time was lovely. Ordered tonight and it wasn't up to scratch, definitely wont be going back to them. So looking for another good Chinese now Ongar/Clonee area.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Denis322

The Victoria in Johnstown FTW!!

What about Host in Clonsilla?

I think it's quite nice.

I was there last night at around 11pm for the first time for a good number of years. I got the Honey and Chilli chicken starter and Chicken Fried rice and it was fresh ,hot and superb. Defo go there again.
    The last time i was there was just after it opened and i wasn't to mad about it but last night changed my mind.

• Advertisement

Garden House is finally on JustEat.ie.....brilliant and lethal all at the same time :D

Advertisement