Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reserve Forces Apparel

• 02-07-2012 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey I figured this might be the best place to ask.

My brother used to be in the Reserve and he still has the clothes they gave him.

The boots, combat bottoms, coat, green t shirt, Beret etc.

I am clearing out many things around the house and selling most of the stuff I don't need any more. So I was just wondering if it is legal or illegal to sell these items as they are genuinely in use by the army today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Illegal,

Drop them off at your local Barracks, Garda Station or your nearest Reserve location.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 robmcq1987

OK that's fine. Thank you for replying to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

robmcq1987 wrote: »
    OK that's fine. Thank you for replying to me

No hassle horse, or you could give them to another soldier in your brothers unit, if you know anyone. Uniforms used to be in demand in RDF units, not sure now though.

Just dont bin them, if someone with alterior motives gets a hold of them, it could be baaaaaad.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

benwavner wrote: »
    No hassle horse, or you could give them to another soldier in your brothers unit, if you know anyone. Uniforms used to be in demand in RDF units, not sure now though.

Just dont bin them, if someone with alterior motives gets a hold of them, it could be baaaaaad.

Basically what he said... its illegal to sell anything like that and would probably be best served if you gave it in to your brothers old unit, especially around this time of year when a lot of coys do their annual FTT and uniforms can get torn/damaged...

Advertisement