Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ongaruser

Is anyone else suffering as a result of noisy neighbours in Willians Avenue in Ongar?
    We have been woken up on a weekly basis and the Gaurds seem to be called frequently - anyone have any information on this????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

So I guess you won't be living in Ongar much longer!? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ongaruser

well thats of no help whatsoever

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I don't live in Ongar but I've heard of some problems up there with anti-social neighbours.

You should get in touch with the property management company and the managing agent of your estate before resorting to the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

If you're woken by anti social neighbours at three in the morning contact the Gardai and get them to deal the incident there and then.

Follow this up with a report to the Wallace Property Management (property management company for Ongar) submit a Garda report of the incident to WPM stating the you want the Landlord contacted and that you want the Landlord to deal with the matter. If the Landlord does not respond to your complaint in a resonable manner you should then register a third complaint against the Landord with the Private Residents and Tenancy Bord.

A word of warning the PRTB are swamped with similar applications at present and the process does take a considrable amount of time (6/9 months).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

enda1 wrote: »
    So I guess you won't be living in Ongar much longer!? :P

Remind me to be equally sympathetic if you ever start a similar thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kwyjibot

Looks like even the bad weather isn't putting off these guys - I'm in Ravenswood, and during the torrential rain last night, someone tried to break in to our neighbour's car

They got the driver's door half open. They didn't get it all the way open (must've gotten too soaked!) but worrying to hear another report of attempted robbery around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭brigadear

Just a note to anybody living in Windmill area of Porterstown. My mate lives there and at 10.30am this morning somebody broke in to his apartment, so beaware if you living in the area. Seemed to very professional job on the locks that they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

My mates parents house got broken into in Hartstown the night before last. Found out who the little runts are who done it and they are locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭eddie28

rocco wrote: »
    My mates parents house got broken into in Hartstown the night before last. Found out who the little runts are who done it and they are locals.

Wherebouts in Hartstown?I live there the place is gettin worse for break-ins.

• Advertisement

eddie28 wrote: »
    Wherebouts in Hartstown?I live there the place is gettin worse for break-ins.

Over beside Supervalue , its all local scum who are doing it, the majority of them are well known in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MYP82

anyone hear gunshots in laurel lodge last night? about 4.50am then again at 5.20? think it set a car alarm off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

How did they find out if you dont mind me asking?

brightkane wrote: »
    How did they find out if you dont mind me asking?

Someone seen them leaving the house and word got back .

• Registered Users Posts: 10 columbo13

Over beside Supervalue , its all local scum who are doing it, the majority of them are well known in the area.

Living in the Willows area off the Hartstown road and there has been a number of house robberies over the last few weeks.
    Neighbours house was attempted 2 weeks ago but alarm went off so were scared off. Must be doing the Christmas shopping!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Collumbo

People, just to let ye know that the cul de sacs off Coolmine Road were being hit by burglars particularly in November (Rockfield and Kirkpatrick had a fair few break ins). I haven't heard too much in the last 3 weeks, but be vigilant if ye live in the area. Everything from cash, jewelery, car theft, bike theft... you name it, it has happened. Those responsible don't seem to give a toss about being seen as they usually just break in through the front door / damage the front windows and get in that way. Blanchadstown Gardai want to hear from anyone who spots something weird as it may eventually lead to arrests of those responsible for past burglaries (it is most likely the same guys at it especially when it's 4 or 5 times per week!). It's always a long shot to catch them, but if we don't try, then homes will continue to be burgled.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭clap-for-trap

Hi ehh jus thought id let you all know on here i was walking home from playing football on the coolmine astroturf,i play every thursday wit lads from this website and we always finish up playing at 11 so thursday 2 weeks ago i was walking home and just as i got into my estate in clonsilla i got jumped by 3 lads! They didnt even try mug me they just kicked lumps out of me to be honest. And they werent young lads im 17 anx quite a big lad but they must have been 19 or 20 even.jus gave me a beating and left me der! AnywY just thought id come on here to have a rant and let yas know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

No way , <SNIP> scumbags!

Are you ok ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Hi ehh jus thought id let you all know on here i was walking home from playing football on the coolmine astroturf,i play every thursday wit lads from this website and we always finish up playing at 11 so thursday 2 weeks ago i was walking home and just as i got into my estate in clonsilla i got jumped by 3 lads! They didnt even try mug me they just kicked lumps out of me to be honest. And they werent young lads im 17 anx quite a big lad but they must have been 19 or 20 even.jus gave me a beating and left me der! AnywY just thought id come on here to have a rant and let yas know.
    <SNIP>.

You'll have to get a lift or something when we're back playin' in the new year.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

That's awful man, that sort of mindless pointless violence would really drive you mad. dont suppose you got a look at them or anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MYP82

**** sorry to hear that! hope your alright! its no bother for me to drop you off after game dont bother walking

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭clap-for-trap

ye im alright now, i wasnt too bad the next day really, just a few bumps and bruises and a sore back. i didnt really see them properly but the way they were behaving walking towards me made me think they were out of it on something. I was just glad none of them pulled a knife or anything like that! hopefully i`ll have my insurance sorted soon anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rev1961

My son and his friend were mugged at knifepoint last night (Wed 27/1/10) at about 9pm. The mugging happened on the cycle path in Portersgate. The two lads were approached by 4 persons, aged 15 to 17ish, 3 males and a female. One of the males approached while zipping up his jacket to conceal his face. He then produced a large kitchen knife and threatened the boys with violence if they didn't hand over there phones. The girl frisked my son for his mobile while the other threatened the friend. The boys were punched and kicked in the mugging.
    A description of the main attacker is: about 5' 11'', strong Dublin accent (maybe put on), wearing a dark Columbia jacket (possibly black) and grey track bottoms. The girl was about 5' 6'', long dark hair, wearing a pink tweed like top (not 100% on this) and dark bottoms. The other two attackers were not noticed as much. The group may have had a small dog with them.
    Thank God it did not end in anything more serious than two stolen phones and a few bruises. Just thinking of the case at the UCI in coolock a few years ago, and that poor man in Arklow before Christmas. Doesn't bear thinking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kwyjibot

More strange goings-on in Ravenswood - a neighbour's car was broken in to the other morning. The guards mentioned that there's been a spate of these break-ins, and they seem to be done by people dropping those charity clothing collection stickers in to the letterbox at all hours of the morning.

Apparently they use delivery of these stickers as a cover to walk up the driveway, checking for open car doors and also the main door to the house where there are those external handles. It's happened a couple of times in the last week or so where I'll come down at about 6 in the morning and find 2 or 3 of these stickers stuck in the door since going to bed the night before.
    The guards say there's not really anything they can do about these guys unless they literally catch them in the act of breaking in.

A day or two after this another neighbour had a man in a suit call to her door, and he started asking her whether many people in the area had alarms installed. She reckoned he was an alarm salesman or the like, but then he started to ask about whether many folk would have anyone in the house during the day, had lights that automatically come on at the back of their houses, dogs living with them, etc. Very suspicious altogether.

On the plus side, the guards have definitely upped the number of patrols of the area. My neighbour's son drives a white van and has been helping him clear out his attic lately. The pair of them have been stopped 2 or 3 times now coming in and going out of the estate by guards on random patrol who have been told to look out for plain white vans - lot of them reported as being involved in burglaries in the area lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

kwyjibot wrote: »
    The guards say there's not really anything they can do about these guys unless they literally catch them in the act of breaking in.
    My residents association have met the Community Gardai a few times over the last few months. They told is that they've stopped and thoroughly examined the documents for some of these charity clothing vans. It seems that being stopped a number of times (for 30-60 mins each time) moves them out of the area.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

This thread has stopped getting any traffic so I'm going to unstick it for the time being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Nuffster

Hey,

My, along with what looked like a good few others, car got broken into on the Clonsilla link road on 9/04/10. Have to leave the car there when I get the train. Took the radio and scarpered. There was nothing else even in the car. The shed load of glass covering the footpaths is all the proof you'd need to know that this was a job en masse. Thought that this craic went out of fashion in the nineties but apparently not! :mad: Word to the wise - if you can take the cover off your radio when you leave the car, do. Don't give them an excuse!

What's particulary frustrating is the large empty field right next to the road that would make a lovely carpark, that could even have CCTV! Here's hoping the new station at Barnwell is a bit better equipped. I know where I'll be going if there's even a sniff of a bit more security.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

Hi all,

I just want to warn everyone who lives in the Dublin 15 area, that break ins are happening, my house was just broken into about 2 hours ago at 1 am in the morning on the 28.04.2010.

Please make sure you do not forget to turn on your alarm at night or when you leave your house. The Gardai have been informed so lets hope it doesn't happen to anyone else!

Please secure all your doors and lock them, I was "lucky" enough that they didn't get a chance to enter the house as the alarm went off!

Thanks

Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 78,244 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Accommodation & Property.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

apologies

Advertisement