Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Bykobap

Twente
    Atletico
    Utd
    Valencia match 3+ goals

e5

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Await team news and then decide?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

50 on chicharito wincast at 17/10 on PaddyPowers

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Hoping my mini run continues tonight with a single of Muniain anytime scorer. 7/2.
    €10 on.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

-Ade- wrote: »
    Yeah just read that on Twitter. Just lumped on it. Odds will drop down to evens come KO.

Placed a couple of days back, but I've gone big on Twente @ 5/4. Gonna leave it at that.

Lumped I did! Excellent :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Olympiakos also lost away to Arsenal and Dortmund, 2 good, technical sides. Metalist play Barcelona-like football, they're a joy to watch, I think they're gonna win the Europa League this year or at least come close to winning it.

I've gone big on Metalist, hopefully they won't let me down.

edit: noooooooo, the odds on Metalist have just gone up, that doesn't bode well for my bet :(

Well done bookies :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Sporting vs Man City - Over 5.5 cards @ 11/10. The Spanish ref in charge is pretty card happy and seems to like showing the red version which is nice.

http://uk.soccerway.com/referees/carlos-velasco-carballo/45077/

Last time City were in Portugal which was in the last round against Porto they racked up 6 bookings by themselves. Sporting themselves have 10 bookings at home in the EL thus far.

Thank you Kolorov :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

magherakid wrote: »
    Single
    Az Alkmaar 11/10

lovely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Hoping my mini run continues tonight with a single of Muniain anytime scorer. 7/2.
    €10 on.
    Jurassic Park!!

Norwich 10/11 @ home to Wigan this weekend. Surely this is a banker!

It better be, they are my Last Man Standing pick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Aston Villa's last 8 are 1-4-3 and they're without Bent, Dunne, Clark. They're struggling for goals, haven't won any of their last 5 home games.

Fulham are in great form at the minute and have to be fancied vs Villa, even with their poor away form. Fulham DNB is 11/10

Fulham to keep clean sheet 12/5
    Fulham 1-0 15/2
    Pogrebnyak has 5 goals in his last 3 and is 7/4 anytime.

Almost considering backing every single one of these but I think I'll sleep on it

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Would anyone be tempted by this treble?

Wolves v Blackburn Blackburn 11/5
    Aston Villa v Fulham Fulham 2/1
    Man United v West Brom Draw 5/1

Have to be brave betting on Blackburn to win away from home but Wolves are clueless at the moment. Already said why I fancy Fulham. WB playing with confidence and 3 straight wins scoring 10 goals, only conceding 1.

extremely ambitious-about 58/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Ladbrokes Quatro
    Blackburn Win or Draw with 3 or more goals in the game 2/1.

Wolves in poor form at the moment and they have lost 6 of their last 7 home games and have won just 3 home league games all season.

If you take the games at Arsenal and City out of the equation Blackburn have been decent recently, losing just 1 of their last 5 and that was at home to Newcastle where they were extremely unlucky.

Wolves last 11 home league games have seen 3 or more goals scored. 7 of Blackburn's last 9 away league games have seen 3 goals also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Blyth Spartans v Eastwood Town -
    Saturday 3pm KO
    -Eastwood only have a normal squad
    of 15 players, due to financial difficulty
    -On the afternoon of 8th March they
    released 8 of these players
    -They have replaced these with youth
    team players
    -They will struggle to put a team out
    against Blyth
    -Blyth have recently signed Robbie
    Dale, an ex player on a 30 day loan
    who will be making his debut for the
    game (good player)
    -Eastwood have the worst defence in
    the league and are absolutely shocking
    -Blyth have scored in their last 9 games
    -Blyth have also won their last 2
    -Eastwood conceded 4 last game AT
    HOME to Vauxall Motors (3rd bottom)

Eredivisie tonight:

Roda JC - VVV Venlo

Can see VVV getting something out of this match. Since they got rid of their coach and appointed a new one they are on this streak:
    P7 - W5-D0-L2
    One of those matches lost was away to Excelsior where they had a player sent off after 38 minutes.
    The other one was away to RKC Waalwijk who are on a great run themselves.

VVV win @5 but DNB or Double chance should be tasty too.

Only thing i am a bit worried about is the fact that the match they won away at Graafschap was only their 2nd away win in 2 seasons (28 away matches).

It is a "local'ish" derby where there is a bit of pride at stake as for finishing as the best team of that part of Holland.

BTTS seems likely since RODA has a guy called Malki who scores loads of goals lately. Unfortunately the bookies noticed that too since a weel or 2 and @1.72 for any time isnt that great.
    Took him last week vs Ajax @3,5 for any time and he did the job.

Over 2,5 should come in too but odds for that are most likely crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭lamoss

lamoss wrote: »
    Going for Twente 1/1
    Standard leige 8/5
    olympiakos 14/5

€ 5 treble pays € 97 ish . Prices boylesports in shop.

Oh so close :( That would have been a nice little pot for cheltenham next week :(

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Saturday 3pm KO
    team players
    against Blyth
    game (good player)

PaddyPower offering Blyth -1 @ 15/8

Torn between both Cavani Wincast @ 13/10 and Napoli Win to Nil for me @ 6/4. Typed up reasoning for the latter below, but I'm still undecided. I might just stick 50 on both tbh, I'll bite the bullet at lunch time anyway. 3 bets on the one team is a bit overboard I'd say usually and I'm sure most here would. Confidence heh, it's a killer :pac:

One definite bet placed last night during the United game was a treble of Stuttgart, Napoli and Marmito, 20 euro returns 70ish euro. All 3 should really win looking at the facts (league position, quality of player, form, all at home etc, etc). So watch them all lose lol.

Reasoning for Napoli Win to Nil -

Napoli have finally hit a run of form, 5 straight wins on the bounce since their loss away at Siena. While they'll have an eye on next week's 2nd leg vs Chelsea. I still expect a strong side out tonight with all the big guns playing to keep CL hopes alive for next season as they really cannot afford to drop many more points if they want 3rd place.

Cagliari are rubbish away from home. Since their 2 goals in 3 away fixtures back in Sept/early October, they've scored a grand total of 4 goals in 10 games. Simply put, they do not score enough as per usual with them and thus are in a fight for survival.

___

Kinda tempted by Verona beating Inter @ 7/4. Inter's season has all but imploded at this stage in the league, 3rd place is too tall of a task and defeat to Marseille next week would be the nail in the coffin. They really should have lost last weekend to Catania if it weren't for two late goals from Milito and Forlan. Losing that would have meant 6 losses in a row! Inter are now 9 games without a win and have drawn 2 as well.

Verona's form isn't half bad and they are 3 points behind Inter.

Schneaky bet on Verona? Maybe. Shame the odds for DNB are not a tad higher, generally it's @ 10/11. If Verona do win this, might be better off with Verona Win and 1 or 2 goals in the match @ 4/1

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Saturday 3pm KO
    team players
    against Blyth
    game (good player)

8/13 atm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

8/13 atm

Your not on the fb page are you? was posted last night at 11/10

• Advertisement

What FB page?

Don't use FB, and haven't in ages (years). I'm all about the Twitter though :) Tip was mentioned on Skype to me there in the last hour by a boardsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Any chance of getting accepted on the facebook page. I was one of the first on the private forum but dont know how to get onto the facebook page?

Also anybody think Limerick are worth a big bet at 8/15 or 7/5 -1 tonight. Im from down here in Waterford missing a few key players. Best player Dempsey is having disagreements with the manager and dont look interested. Plus the manager is not experienced enough for the job while Limerick would be a top half Premier team.

1 for Sunday:

NAC - PSV
    Considered a derby although you can hardly call them neighbours. NAC always seem to be capable to offer something extra against PSV at home and PSV hasnt won at NAC in the last 5 seasons. 3 home wins, 2 draws.

Dont know odds but i ll be putting a bit of money on a VVV/NAC double which should end up in a 25/1 or there around i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Any chance of getting accepted on the facebook page. I was one of the first on the private forum but dont know how to get onto the facebook page?

Also anybody think Limerick are worth a big bet at 8/15 or 7/5 -1 tonight. Im from down here in Waterford missing a few key players. Best player Dempsey is having disagreements with the manager and dont look interested. Plus the manager is not experienced enough for the job while Limerick would be a top half Premier team.
    Yeah id expect Limerick to win handy tonight, i've them at 8/15 with under 2.5 in Bohs/Shels, Under 2.5 in Dundalk/Pats and Over 2.5 Salthill/Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

inforfun wrote: »
    1 for Sunday:

NAC - PSV
    Considered a derby although you can hardly call them neighbours. NAC always seem to be capable to offer something extra against PSV at home and PSV hasnt won at NAC in the last 5 seasons. 3 home wins, 2 draws.

Dont know odds but i ll be putting a bit of money on a VVV/NAC double which should end up in a 25/1 or there around i reckon.

38/1 double with Boyles. Why do you fancy VVV tonight?

Edit; Just seen your above post, nice work again.

Torn between both Cavani Wincast @ 13/10 and Napoli Win to Nil for me @ 6/4. Typed up reasoning for the latter below, but I'm still undecided. I might just stick 50 on both tbh, I'll bite the bullet at lunch time anyway. 3 bets on the one team is a bit overboard I'd say usually and I'm sure most here would. Confidence heh, it's a killer :pac:

One definite bet placed last night during the United game was a treble of Stuttgart, Napoli and Marmito, 20 euro returns 70ish euro. All 3 should really win looking at the facts (league position, quality of player, form, all at home etc, etc). So watch them all lose lol.

Reasoning for Napoli Win to Nil -

Napoli have finally hit a run of form, 5 straight wins on the bounce since their loss away at Siena. While they'll have an eye on next week's 2nd leg vs Chelsea. I still expect a strong side out tonight with all the big guns playing to keep CL hopes alive for next season as they really cannot afford to drop many more points if they want 3rd place.

Cagliari are rubbish away from home. Since their 2 goals in 3 away fixtures back in Sept/early October, they've scored a grand total of 4 goals in 10 games. Simply put, they do not score enough as per usual with them and thus are in a fight for survival.

___

Kinda tempted by Verona beating Inter @ 7/4. Inter's season has all but imploded at this stage in the league, 3rd place is too tall of a task and defeat to Marseille next week would be the nail in the coffin. They really should have lost last weekend to Catania if it weren't for two late goals from Milito and Forlan. Losing that would have meant 6 losses in a row! Inter are now 9 games without a win and have drawn 2 as well.

Verona's form isn't half bad and they are 3 points behind Inter.

Schneaky bet on Verona? Maybe. Shame the odds for DNB are not a tad higher, generally it's @ 10/11. If Verona do win this, might be better off with Verona Win and 1 or 2 goals in the match @ 4/1
    Either you really like Marmite or you meant Maritimo? :D

Mark! wrote: »
    On a great run in recent weeks and Roda are hit and miss, thats my 'tuppence' worth on it.

Mark! wrote: »

Edit; Just seen your above post, nice work again.

38/1 ....worth a fiver for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

gone for

marseille
    sparta prague
    martimo
    stuggart
    napoli

£20 on returns £181

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Have a tenner left, trying to win some for Cheltenham!

Maritimo, Napoli, Stuttgart, Fleetwood and Limerick look safe enough?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement