Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ex is unreliable

Options
  • 17-01-2015 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi new to boards. In the mist of a difficult separation which i did not want. But basically ex-husband is shacked up with a woman & her 4 kids from 2 ex partners. Its all my fault! We have 3 young children. I work full time. He is no longer working in full time employment. I am left to pay all bills + creche & its no longer sustainable. He is unreliable in terms of childcare & financially & also contact as phone number keeps changing. His kids love him. So dont want to deny access but situation is becoming fraught to say the least. Where do i stand legally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Mod note:

OP we are not permitted to give legal advice here, please don't seek it again. Leaving thread open so you an get some practical advice.

Taltos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

You need to go see a family law solicitor no question. He'll advise you on whether you need to summons your ex to the family law court for maintenance. All parents men or women employed or unemployed are financially responsible for their children.

On a practical level keep a diary of ALL contact phone email text verbal the lot. Also keep in this diary any money he gives you. When he takes the kids is important too. Tell him you are doing this - he'll know you are serious.

If you have a mortgage contact the lender immediately. Ask for interest only. You'll probably have a form to fill as will he. Send him the form by registered post. Keep that receipt. Personally I'd pay only half immediately but you need legal advice on that one.

Why incidentally is it " all your fault " ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

OP, I note you say that he is "shacked up with a woman with her 2 kids from ex-partners"; realise this right now that he is your husband and your kids are his only kids. As des brook said, get legal advice right away but please note that he has zero legal obligation to pay anything to this new woman and her kids.

Protect yourself and the kids ASAP by getting a solicitor and securing maintenance for both you and the kids. Realise too that this is separate to your separation.

Advertisement