Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sell Family Home?

• 14-12-2014 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi All, We have agreed to sell the home in 2016 when the kids reach 18 and finished school . My question is do I have to sell the home.Why cant i say no to her just until my kids get full time jobs and a bit older..She does not care about them it means both of us getting new homes. More expense .One more thing I think I'm going mad with the stress of it all ..How do I move forward I'm not interested in a relationship.I miss her still , But nether of us can not go back She is a party animal and a spender she 50 now my god I thought people would slow down by now.Will i ever move on ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

You could get the house valued at the time and buy her out of her half. If you organize all the legal stuff it would save her money in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

mod note:
    irish_gent - I have moved your post and the response to your own thread. Please take care not to unwittingly hijack other threads going forwards.

Thanks
    Taltos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

You do not have to sell the family home, even if the kids move out. Unless a judge has ordered for it to be sold when the kids reach 18? Are you divorced or separated?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

It's not clear if you have a court order? If it was simply and agreement between you she cannot sell the house without your consent. If you are both living there and haven't sought legal advice yet your steps should be 1- consider reconciliation and counseling 2- consider mediation 3- judicial separation/ divorce

Advertisement