Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Indian takeaway in D15?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

athtrasna wrote: »
    Ordered for the first time from Shanti Indian Shack in Tyrellstown tonight and have to say I'm very impressed. Their meal deal was main course + rice/naan + a can of soft drink + poppadoms but actually arrived with an onion bhaji as well. The food was hot and really tasty. €11.50 for the deal, delivery €2. Will order from there again!

That's just Tanjore Palace under a different name, definitely operating out of the same unit anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

January wrote: »
    That's just Tanjore Palace under a different name, definitely operating out of the same unit anyway :)

Madras was very different from Tanjore Palace so I think it's new owners/chefs too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

January wrote: »

I go by it every day and never even noticed it changed name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I go by it every day and never even noticed it changed name.

It didn't, but just by looking on Just-Eat.ie they operate from the same premises, Unit 5 Block D in Tyrellstown.

Ah. How's their delivery times ? I understand they were just finding their feet but although their food was great sometimes they were quite slow. Then again, most Indian are I suppose.

• Advertisement

Delivery was ten minutes earlier than Just-Eat had told me and delivery guy was lovely..not like the guy I always got if I ordered from Tanjore Palace.

Just to update this...I ordered from Flavour India in Coolmine for the first time tonight and OMG the best Indian food I have ever had in this country. The depth of flavour in the sauces, the quality of the chicken, the lightness of the naan. Reasonably priced, delivery was about 40 minutes.

I'm always wary when I get a menu from a place in Coolmine, there's been so many different places I do wonder if they just reopen under a different name after having issues under a different name. It's the golden mile of D15 for takeaways.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭R1_Pete

I order from Spice of India (old Shimla) on the Clonsilla road, at least twice per week most weeks. I have found it to be very good and very consistent and their delivery time is usually less than 30 minutes form ordering.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

R1_Pete wrote: »
    I order from Spice of India (old Shimla) on the Clonsilla road, at least twice per week most weeks. I have found it to be very good and very consistent and their delivery time is usually less than 30 minutes form ordering.

Love old shimla. Always have always will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

R1_Pete wrote: »
    +1 for Spice of India.
    Been getting take aways since they opened. I have found without exception that their lamb, beef and chicken to be perfectly cooked and tender. I like the way that you can also specify the level of spiciness for each and every dish.

Hmmm........now what's for dinner tonight? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭fourinarow

athtrasna wrote: »
    Just to update this...I ordered from Flavour India in Coolmine for the first time tonight and OMG the best Indian food I have ever had in this country. The depth of flavour in the sauces, the quality of the chicken, the lightness of the naan. Reasonably priced, delivery was about 40 minutes.
    Is Flavour India gone? Tried to order online a couple of weeks ago and again tonight, don't seem to be on just eat anymore.. That industrial estate is cursed, places close and reappear under different names, back to the drawing board I guess 😒

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

fourinarow wrote: »
    Is Flavour India gone? Tried to order online a couple of weeks ago and again tonight, don't seem to be on just eat anymore.. That industrial estate is cursed, places close and reappear under different names, back to the drawing board I guess 😒

I ordered on justeat from them last week and got an email after 30 mins to say the order was cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Bombay Pantry gets my vote. They've also started doing something called a 'Frankie Roll' which is kinda like an Indian version of a kebab and is fuppin lovely!

Advertisement