Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Indian takeaway in D15?

• 06-01-2014 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭

There's a thread for Chinese takeaway but not Indian...

I'm craving a Lamb Rogan Josh... I used to get one from Spice & Rice in Dorset St when I was living in Finglas and it was gorgeous, had lovely big chunks of tomato and everything in it... can't seem to get it in any of the Indians I've tried out here (Curry Fusion, Spice Heaven etc).

Can anyone recommend there favourite?

Himself would be getting a Lamb Bhuna, so nice Bhuna and Rogan Josh!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

Lots have closed over the last year or so. Indie @home used to operate out of the Coolmine Industrial estate and was delicious. Shimla used to be good too and Rangoli has since changed names and we haven't used it in years. Jaipur in Ongar is really nice and as for Delhi Darbar...yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Indie At Home was the best until it closed. Tanjore Palace in Tyrrelstown is good too.

Bombay Pantry in Ashtown is great but they really need to sort out their delivery area. They deliver to more congested and harder parts of the general Dublin 15 area to get to than other parts they don't, see the map in the link
    http://bombaypantry.com/locations/ashtown/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Jaipur in Ongar for the win!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Okra Green (I Think technically Pakistani, but listed under Indian) in Castleknock.

Bombay Pantry in Ashtown deliver to Carpenters town at least).

http://www.just-eat.ie/area/castleknock-dublin-15/indian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Okra Green (I Think technically Pakistani, but listed under Indian) in Castleknock.

Bombay Pantry in Ashtown deliver to Carpenters town at least).

http://www.just-eat.ie/area/castleknock-dublin-15/indian

+1 for Okra Green

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Bombay Pantry is the best in the area in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Delhi Darbar for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Bombay pantry won't deliver out to Mulhuddart.

Might give Delhi darbar a try.

January wrote: »
    Bombay pantry won't deliver out to Mulhuddart.

I know, silly considering you'll get there quicker and easier than the back of Carpenterstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Delhi Darber for certain. Nice place to eat in as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Murt10

I have often bought from Spice Heaven in Coolmine Ind Est.

http://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-spiceheaven/menu

They were originally on the ground floor of the unit, then moved upstairs and are back downstairs again.

When they were upstairs, there was a huge big window between the kitchen and the waiting room and you could watch your order being prepared. Kitchen spotless.

They prepared the food anyway I asked then to.

Actually had a lamb bhuna last week and though it was lovely, then again, I wouldn't be an expert on that dish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I think I must be really hard to please because I tried Delhi Darbar and binned it after one mouthful. Tanjore Palace is pretty consistent but I find their delivery very slow. Will try Spice Heaven next time.

You didn't like Foolok either if I remember correctly so you must be fussy :p

Have tried Spice Heaven a few times and was underwhelmed... have a delivery ordered from Delhi Darbar, lamb Rogan Josh and lamb Bhuna... will report back... wonder could I get them to deliver a bottle of Gaviscon too, ran out earlier on and dying from a case of heartburn right this minute... pregnancy sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Lamb saag (spinich) is my favourite from there.

You didn't like Foolok either if I remember correctly so you must be fussy :p

Precisely...have been craving a decent fillet of beef in black pepper sauce like Wans used to do for the last few weeks. Think I'm going to have to drive to Celbridge to China Wall to get as good, none of the local ones come close.

Hung Wuns black pepper sauce is pretty good... prefer it to Fooloks now... (himself got sick of the beef curry there so we tried Hung Wun). Then again, you're fussy, so I'm not going to tell you it's amazing only for you to come back and tell me it's actually crap :p

Hung Wuns black pepper sauce is pretty good... prefer it to Fooloks now... (himself got sick of the beef curry there so we tried Hung Wun). Then again, you're fussy, so I'm not going to tell you it's amazing only for you to come back and tell me it's actually crap :p

Haven't tried there in a while, might do next time I crave Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Murt10 wrote: »
    I have often bought from Spice Heaven in Coolmine Ind Est.

http://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-spiceheaven/menu

They were originally on the ground floor of the unit, then moved upstairs and are back downstairs again.

When they were upstairs, there was a huge big window between the kitchen and the waiting room and you could watch your order being prepared. Kitchen spotless.

They prepared the food anyway I asked then to.

Actually had a lamb bhuna last week and though it was lovely, then again, I wouldn't be an expert on that dish
    December 2013

Eight closure orders were served under the EC (Official Control of Foodstuffs) Regulations, 2010 on:

1. Spice Heaven Indian Takeaway, Unit 9A, Porters Avenue, Coolmine Industrial Estate, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15

Source

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Murt10

Thanks for that. I had no idea.I feel ill just reading it.

Well aren't I glad I didn't order from Spice Heaven last night :\

Delhi Darbar was lovely... well the Rogan Josh was, they covered the Bhuna in spinach and himself doesn't like spinach so he moaned about that :p he tasted some of my Rogan Josh though and said he'd get that the next time as it was lovely. The chicken pakora was yum too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

djmarkus wrote: »
    +1 for Okra Green

We got food from there last night, but never again!

We ordered two chicken jalfrezis. The food that came was marked as masalas ... we did ring them and they said it was actually jalfrezis ... either way, it was mank! The sauce was this disgusting orange gungey sticky stuff, reminded me of Eddie Rockets cheese sauce, but more disgusting.

Horrible altogether.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Okra Green in Castleknock is very good quality. :) Bombay Pantry also has my seal of approval.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

Lets eat in do some proper Indians, always get the madras there myself, lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I heard over the weekend that there is a new Indian resustrant/take away opening at the old Shimla site

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

I loved the shimla when it was open

I live in tyrrelstown and will never order from the tanjour palace again , food came with loads of sause and very little meat twice . Complained but got nowhere

I like the japiour in ongar

Nom nom nom ,,,,,,, might get 1 tonight

I loved the shimla when it was open

I live in tyrrelstown and will never order from the tanjour palace again , food came with loads of sause and very little meat twice . Complained but got nowhere

I like the japiour in ongar

Nom nom nom ,,,,,,, might get 1 tonight
    I find the same with a lot of Indians, lots of sauce very little meat, especially lamb dishes.

Even Jaipur, which is very good, have a high sauce to meat ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Another thumbs up for the Dehli Darbar...........

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Loved the chicken tikka masala with naan bread ordered from Mussourie Indian, Clonee yesterday.

• Advertisement

Ordered for the first time from Shanti Indian Shack in Tyrellstown tonight and have to say I'm very impressed. Their meal deal was main course + rice/naan + a can of soft drink + poppadoms but actually arrived with an onion bhaji as well. The food was hot and really tasty. €11.50 for the deal, delivery €2. Will order from there again!

Advertisement